Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets?

Go down 
+27
metalinmyveins
stormspell
candlemass
James B.
manny
akeldama
bgsully
MetalGuy71
Shawn Of Fire
FoJ
Lari
Thrasher73
Troublezone
Wrecked Neck
Leatherface
MoonChild
Gilbert
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Boris2008
Dark Horseman
Witchfinder
mc666
Thelemech
corplhicks
Big Rich
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets
Ride The Lightning
Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets? - Page 2 Vote_lcap49%Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 49% [ 18 ]
Master of Puppets
Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets? - Page 2 Vote_lcap32%Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 32% [ 12 ]
I like them both about the same
Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets? - Page 2 Vote_lcap19%Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 19% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 37

AuthorMessage
FoJ
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 76

Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets?   Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 2:26 pm

When MoP is "on", it is better. But there aren't enough songs that are "on" for it to overtake RtL. RtL is brilliant, start to finish. It is a nearly flawless record. MoP definitely hits with Battery, the title track, Sanitarium and Desposable Heroes, but outside those four songs, I can't get excited about any of the rest of that album.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets?   Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 3:59 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
I picked Ride but both are flawless.

This

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets?   Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 4:10 pm

Ride the Lightning. No, wait. Master of Puppets. No, hold on. Ride. Or Master. Ugh, I dunno. That's like asking me my favorite testicle. They're both awesome.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets?   Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 4:20 pm

How anybody can think that this is a weak song is beyond me! Ktulu is also brilliant although I'll concede that Orion is better.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets?   Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 4:24 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I dunno. That's like asking me my favorite testicle. They're both awesome.

I dunno, I've always thought that the left one was by far the superior testicle lol!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets?   Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 4:24 pm

Boris2008 wrote:

How anybody can think that this is a weak song is beyond me! Ktulu is also brilliant although I'll concede that Orion is better.

I agree. I think Escape is a great song. And that was what I was getting at about the instrumentals, Orion is the better of the 2 and if it was on Ride, well that would have made it an even more phenomenal record.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets?   Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 9:46 pm

Naw, Escape is pretty bad. Razz
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets?   Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 2:42 am

RTL, but only by a small margin.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets?   Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 3:32 am

Boris2008 wrote:

How anybody can think that this is a weak song is beyond me!
Agreed! I have always loved that song, and can't see how any fan of this album thinks it's a weak song. I'll give them the instrumental, but no way is Escape a bad song.
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 677

PostSubject: Re: Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets?   Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 7:34 am

Escape is a great song. Remember some of us don't want to replace stuff.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets?   Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 11:20 am

Ride The Lightning for me by far.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets?   Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 12:01 pm

See, I'm with James on Escape. It was a last minute write-up that was forced by the studio and doesn't fit with the rest of the album. I can't blame them for including it in their setlist until recently. It breaks the intensity and atmosphere of the album, like an abrupt left turn, and isn't at all at the quality of the rest of the material. As a stand-alone, or a B-side, it would be at least palatable, but as part of the whole it is, for me, a fundamental flaw.

But each to their own. I get why others dig the tune. Smile
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets?   Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 6:19 pm

I love Escape.. especially that outro. Fade to Black is the weak link on this album IMO.

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets?   Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 7:25 pm

I love both albums but I went with 'Master of Puppets', that album had such a huge impact on me, it was incredible. The songs still hold up and the production is flawless.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets?   Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 8:43 pm

"Ride The Lightning"

Of the first three, "Master of Puppets" ranks number three

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets?   Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 7:44 am

MoP is easily their best lp, RtL set the table for that...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets?   Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 8:00 pm

Both
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets?   Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2019 12:06 pm

I'm not sure where I was when this poll debuted? I voted for "I like them both the same", but it should have said, "I LOVE them both the same".
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets?   Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2019 6:38 am

Many decades ago...I walked into Tower Records....or Newbury Records....
and was browsing the place. Well the clerk put on Ride the Lightning over the store speakers.
As you know - it starts of mellow - beautiful - then kicks in hard.
I was astounded. I heard the songs before...as friends liked the release and at parties.
But at that moment - it struck me. OMG. I immediately bought the CD.
It was around the time of albums were switching over to CDs.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets?   Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 12:54 am

Both are the pinnacle of Metallica's career, but I've always preferred Master.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets?   Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 2:08 am

Escape still sux. Razz

LOVE YOU GUYS.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets?   Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 2:42 am

corplhicks wrote:
Escape still sux. Razz

LOVE YOU GUYS.

Funny, that is one of my favorite songs on that album Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets?   Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 11:51 am

DallasBlack wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Escape still sux. Razz

LOVE YOU GUYS.

Not to change the subject but dude where did you snag that killer Cities shirt? Frickin' sweet!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets?   Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 11:54 am

corplhicks wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Escape still sux. Razz

LOVE YOU GUYS.

Not to change the subject but dude where did you snag that killer Cities shirt? Frickin' sweet!

https://www.redbubble.com/
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets?   Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2019 11:07 pm

Ride The lightning (all though Kill'em All is my all time favorite)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets?   Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next