Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Interpreting Master of Puppets.

Go down 
+2
MetalGuy71
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Interpreting Master of Puppets. Empty
PostSubject: Interpreting Master of Puppets.   Interpreting Master of Puppets. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 2:29 pm

Just watched a "reaction" video for Master of Puppets.  I have dissected this song a million times for various reasons, but have been ear-blind to the actual musical flow.  This gal showed me something I never noticed.  The beginning of the song is mellow and innocent - then the song takes a couple of blasts and gets intense - then the tune slows down in the middle during a state of euphoria - and all of a sudden, MOP takes a dark turn and you need that blast again.  Of course, we end with the master laughing in your face.  Lyrically, I "got it" on first spin 30+ years ago.  Musically?  It just got explained to me.  Wow.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Interpreting Master of Puppets.   Interpreting Master of Puppets. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 3:21 pm

Sadly, Metallica haven't been able to find that fix ever again.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Interpreting Master of Puppets.   Interpreting Master of Puppets. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 3:38 pm

You didn't watch that reaction from the black chick that cries during every reaction did you? I tried watching her MoP reaction, but had to turn her off after the tears started flowing. sick
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Interpreting Master of Puppets.   Interpreting Master of Puppets. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 4:59 pm

Nah. The are called Sori and Vin. Opinionated, but not pushy, Christians.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Interpreting Master of Puppets.   Interpreting Master of Puppets. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 8:38 pm

My opinion...

It was co-written and more than likely arranged by Cliff Burton. The other two "interesting" songs on the album, "Damage Inc." & "Orion" are also Burton co-writes. So my theory holds water, mileage may vary.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Interpreting Master of Puppets.   Interpreting Master of Puppets. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 9:53 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Nah.  The are called Sori and Vin.  Opinionated, but not pushy, Christians.

I have watched a few of their reaction vids and I find them enlightening, though I find their videos a tad long.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Interpreting Master of Puppets.   Interpreting Master of Puppets. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 9:56 pm

Kind of like how Maiden's "The Trooper" has a galloping theme to it since it's about a guy charging into battle on horseback. I like when music does this. The riff at the beginning of Priest's "Solar Angels" has always reminded me of something lading/ flying over head.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interpreting Master of Puppets.   Interpreting Master of Puppets. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interpreting Master of Puppets.
Page 1 of 1