Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets

Go down 
+14
Glower
corplhicks
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
DakotaRogers
Gilbert
ultmetal
the sentinel
metalinmyveins
chewie
Boris2008
Witchfinder
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets Empty
PostSubject: Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets   Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 7:45 pm

METALLICA TO REISSUE KILL ‘EM ALL AND RIDE THE LIGHTNING AS DELUXE BOX SETS

Metallica has announced that they will reissue their first two albums Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning on April 15th.  Both albums have been remastered for the most advanced sound quality and will be available in three formats - CD, vinyl, and Deluxe Box set. Both Deluxe Box sets include original source material from the band's personal collection with many never before heard or seen recordings, along with a book including rare photos and essays from those who were there.

The deluxe numbered box set of Kill 'Em All includes four vinyl records, five CDs, one DVD, a deluxe book including rare photos and a patch while the deluxe numbered box set of Ride the Lightning includes four vinyl records, six CDs, one DVD, a deluxe book including more of those unseen photos, a mini-book of lyrics handwritten by James Hetfield and a set of three posters. The Deluxe Box sets are limited edition collectors' items.

Fans can preorder both Deluxe Box sets at the Met Store now and all six new items will, of course, also be available at your local record store on Friday, April 15th, just in time for Record Store Day.

Kill ‘Em All tracklisting:

CD/Vinyl
“Hit The Lights”
“The Four Horsemen”
“Motorbreath”
“Jump In The Fire”
“(Anesthesia) – Pulling Teeth”
“Whiplash”
“Phantom Lord”
“No Remorse”
“Seek & Destroy”
“Metal Militia”

Vinyl – Live At Espace Balard, Paris, France – February 9th, 1984 (2LP) – Previously Unreleased
“The Ecstasy Of Gold”
“Hit The Lights”
“The Four Horsemen”
“Jump In The Fire”
“Phantom Lord”
“No Remorse”
“Ride The Lightning”
“Motorbreath”
“(Anaesthesia) – Pulling Teeth”
“Whiplash”
“Seek & Destroy”
“Metal Militia”

“Phantom Lord”:

Vinyl – Jump In The Fire (Picture Disc)
“Jump In The Fire”
“Seek & Destroy” (“Live” at The Automatt)
“Phantom Lord” (“Live” at The Automatt)

CD – Interview & Radio IDs
Metal Forces Interview with Lars, January 1984
Radio IDs with Lars, James, and Cliff from 1984

CD – Rough Mixes From Lars’ Vault, Bootleg Tracks and Whiplash Remix EP
“Motorbreath” (Rough Mix)
“Hit The Lights” (Rough Mix)
“(Anesthesia) – Pulling Teeth” (Rough Mix)
“Seek & Destroy” (Rough Mix)
“Whiplash” (Rough Mix)
“The Four Horsemen” (Rough Mix)
“Seek & Destroy” (NOT Live from The Automatt)
“Phantom Lord” (NOT Live from The Automatt)
“Jump In The Fire”
“Whiplash” (Special Neckbrace Remix)
“Seek & Destroy” (“Live” at The Automatt)
“Phantom Lord” (“Live” at The Automatt)

CD – Live At J Bees Rock III, Middletown, NY – January 20th, 1984 – Previously Unreleased
“The Four Horsemen”
“Jump In The Fire”
“Fight Fire With Fire”
“Ride The Lightning”
“Phantom Lord”
“Seek & Destroy”
“Whiplash”

CD – Live At The Keystone, Palo Alto, CA – October 31st, 1983 – Previously Unreleased
“Hit The Lights”
“The Four Horsemen”
“Jump In The Fire”
“Fight Fire With Fire”
“Ride The Lightning”
“Phantom Lord”
“When Hell Freezes Over (The Call Of Ktulu)”
“Seek & Destroy”
“Whiplash”
“Creeping Death”
Guitar Solo
“Metal Militia”

DVD – Metallica Live At The Metro In Chicago On August 12th, 1983 – Previously Unreleased Except “No Remorse” and “Metal Milita”
“Hit The Lights” (Video Only/No Audio)
“The Four Horsemen” (Video Only/No Audio)
“Jump In The Fire” (Video Only/Partial Audio)
“Phantom Lord”
“No Remorse”
“Whiplash”
“Seek & Destroy”
Guitar Solo
“Metal Militia”

Ride The Lightning tracklisting:

CD/Vinyl
“Fight Fire With Fire”
“Ride The Lightning”
“For Whom The Bell Tolls”
“Fade To Black”
“Trapped Under Ice”
“Escape”
“Creeping Death”
“The Call Of Ktulu”

Vinyl – Live At The Hollywood Palladium, Los Angeles, CA – March 10th, 1985 (2LP) – Previously Unreleased
“The Ecstasy Of Gold”
“Fight Fire With Fire”
“Ride The Lightning”
“Phantom Lord”
“No Remorse”
“Fade To Black”
“Seek & Destroy”
“Creeping Death”
“Am I Evil?”
“Motorbreath”

Vinyl – Creeping Death (Picture Disc)
“Creeping Death”
“Am I Evil?”
“Blitzkrieg”

CD – Metallica Interviews
Metal Forces Interview with Lars, November 1984
WUSC Cleveland Radio Interview with Cliff and Kirk – February 1985
Metal Madness Interview with Lars, March 1985

CD – Demos And Rough Mixes From Lars’ Vault – Previously Unreleased
“Ride The Lightning” (Studio Demo)
“When Hell Freezes Over (The Call Of Ktulu)” (Studio Demo)
“Creeping Death” (Studio Demo)
“Fight Fire With Fire” (Studio Demo)
“Ride The Lightning” (Garage Demo)
“When Hell Freezes Over (The Call Of Ktulu)” (Garage Demo)
“Fight Fire With Fire” (Garage Demo)
“Ride The Lightning” (Boom Box Demo)
“Blitzkrieg” (Rhythm Track Rough Mix)
“Am I Evil?” (Rhythm Track Rough Mix)

“Ride The Lightning” (Garage Demo):

CD – Live At Kabuki Theatre, San Francisco, CA – March 15th, 1985 – Previously Unreleased
“Fight Fire With Fire”
“Ride The Lightning”
“Phantom Lord”
“The Four Horsemen”
“(Anesthesia) – Pulling Teeth”)
“No Remorse”
“Fade To Black”
“Creeping Death”
Guitar Solo
“Am I Evil?”
“Motorbreath”

CD – Live At The Lyceum Theatre, London, UK – December 20th, 1984
“Phantom Lord”
“The Four Horsemen”
“No Remorse”
“The Call Of Ktulu”
“Seek & Destroy”
“Whiplash”
“Creeping Death”
Guitar Solo
“Metal Militia”

CD – Live At Castle Donington, UK – August 17th, 1985 – Previously Unreleased
“Creeping Death”
“Ride The Lightning”
“The Four Horsemen”
“Fade To Black”
“Seek & Destroy”
“Whiplash”
“Motorbreath”

DVD – Live At The Metal Hammer Festival In St. Goarshausen, Germany – September 14th, 1985
“Creeping Death”
“Ride The Lightning”
“Disposable Heroes”
“No Remorse”
“The Four Horsemen”
“Fade To Black”
“Seek & Destroy”
“Whiplash”
“Fight Fire With Fire”
Guitar Solo
“Am I Evil?”
“Motorbreath”

Live At MTV’s Day On The Green At Oakland Stadium, Oakland, CA – August 31st, 1985
“Creeping Death”
“Ride The Lightning”
MTV Day On The Green Interview with Lars and James

Danish TV – Previously Unreleased
Lars Ulrich When He Was Young (Lars’ first television interview)
SPOT – Lars Ulrich

http://bravewords.com/news/metallica-to-reissue-kill-em-all-and-ride-the-lightning-as-deluxe-box-sets
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets   Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 7:56 pm

Sounds over priced which is a shame because I would like these  Mad
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets   Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 8:17 pm

Boris2008 wrote:

Same here.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets   Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 8:57 pm

If I get one, it will be the Kill Em All Box Set. I have literally every live thing from the Ride The Lightning box set, plus I have the Gold C.D that they issued years ago for that album. I've listened to "Phantom Lord" now three times from that 1984 Paris show. It sounds killer! That show was one of the famous Seven Dates of Hell shows with Venom. All the boots that came from those shows are beyond terrible, so this would be awesome to have. I don't have the Palo Alto show from 1983 or the Middletown show from 1984 either.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets   Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 8:59 pm

I remember reading about them asking fans for some old rare photos and such for the "deluxe" editions that would be coming out someday. I had no idea it would be this elaborate (or expensive). I was really hoping for the usual two or three disc "Legacy Editions" in the digi pack with the clear plastic sleeve. I love those things.

A few thoughts:

There is a ton of rare and unreleased stuff on these deluxe editions but, it's from the first few years of the bands existence before they were household names, so I wonder if they had the means to record these properly? Or is the rare, coolness, collectability factor the draw for the Metallica fan with too much money?

Are these guys having money problems after the way their concert movie documentary bombed?

I really would have liked there to be a new Metallica album instead of a collectible version of the glory days.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets   Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 9:02 pm

Whatever happened to the No Life Til Leather CDs and vinyl that were promised for last year?
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets   Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 9:23 pm

the sentinel wrote:
 it's from the first few years of the bands existence before they were household names, so I wonder if they had the means to record these properly?

It doesn't take big money for a decent soundboard recording, I've got a few from bands much smaller than Metallica were then, it will be a really bad idea on their part if they are crappy boots at this price!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets   Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 10:20 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Whatever happened to the No Life Til Leather CDs and vinyl that were promised for last year?

That's what I want to know. All we got was the crappy cassette tape.

Box sets look cool. Doubt I'll be able to afford them.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets   Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 10:36 pm

Too expensive..
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets   Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 11:06 pm

So, how's that new album coming along?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets   Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 10:04 am

Interesting, but obviously too expensive for me.

The $150 price tag is for these super deluxe sets with all the bells & whistles, but maybe they'll release a more reasonable-priced, scaled-down version. Like just the album and bonus live disc. That's something I might get. I've no use for vinyl.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets   Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 10:10 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Interesting, but obviously too expensive for me.

The $150 price tag is for these super deluxe sets with all the bells & whistles, but maybe they'll release a more reasonable-priced, scaled-down version. Like just the album and bonus live disc. That's something I might get. I've no use for vinyl.

That's what I am hoping for.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets   Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 10:11 am

Way too rich for my blood...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets   Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 10:13 am

Boris2008 wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
 it's from the first few years of the bands existence before they were household names, so I wonder if they had the means to record these properly?

It doesn't take big money for a decent soundboard recording, I've got a few from bands much smaller than Metallica were then, it will be a really bad idea on their part if they are crappy boots at this price!

Good point, but sometimes these guys worry me.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets   Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 10:36 am

Boris2008 wrote:

Quote :
Kill 'Em All includes four vinyl records, five CDs, one DVD, a deluxe book including rare photos and a patch

Definitely not overpriced. How much should someone pay for all that from one of the biggest bands on the planet?

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets   Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 12:13 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

Quote :
Kill 'Em All includes four vinyl records, five CDs, one DVD, a deluxe book including rare photos and a patch

Definitely not overpriced. How much should someone pay for all that from one of the biggest bands on the planet?

Kinda what I was thinking. For me, they're not too much, I'm just too damn broke.

However, I have my fill of this band whenever I spin the original releases. Don't need much more than that, even a remaster.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets   Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 12:27 pm

No I guess for what you're getting it's not that costly, it's just something out of my price range. This kind of stuff is pretty good for the more hardcore collectors. I'm not one of them so I'm not sweating over getting it. The original releases are good enough for me.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets   Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 1:08 pm

There's so much new metal I haven't heard - to buy -
Satan Court in Act - came in - and Killers,DiAnno - thanks Witchfinder -
and Vengence cd - Feb. listening - thanks power metal suggestion !
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets   Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 4:13 pm

corplhicks wrote:
I'm just too damn broke.

"I can't even afford to pay attention"

Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets   Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 9:22 pm

Wow, these are pretty darn cool box sets. Hopefully availability won't be limited to just the box set.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets   Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 9:47 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

Quote :

I don't know, but it's more than I'm going to pay for absolutely no new songs.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets   Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 10:09 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

Quote :

But what about the 30 year old out dated interviews and the same 10-12 songs per concert just in different venues? Razz
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets   Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 10:14 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

Quote :

But what about the 30 year old out dated interviews and the same 10-12 songs per concert just in different venues? Razz

That's it really, I wouldn't mind hearing the live shows but that's it for me. I have the vinyl already and the interviews don't appeal. There isn't enough there to interest me at that price although there is quite a lot of stuff.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets   Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 12:35 am

I would just want a CD version. I don't have a turntable.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets   Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 6:22 pm

Het unveiling Kill 'Em All:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets   Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metallica - Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning Deluxe Box Sets
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next