Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced

Go down 
+8
nevermore
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
mikeinfla
Gilbert
corplhicks
BillRoxx
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced   Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2018 10:36 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
first impression is that they were a Christian alternative to Skid Row. 

I hear some Tesla in them as well.

The singer's voice is similar to both Sebastian Bach and Russ from Killer Dwarfs.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced   Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2018 12:24 pm

Wish they'd put this and the Barnabas reissues for download. Had the cassettes and don't want to pay full price again.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced   Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2018 5:07 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Wish they'd put this and the Barnabas reissues for download. Had the cassettes and don't want to pay full price again.

Yeah, they only buy the rights for physical product not the licensing for digital downloads. But I still like to buy CD's and records so I am ok with it (but I also buy stuff from iTunes if I don't care about the artwork or liner notes).
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced   Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2018 7:23 pm

One of my favorite things about this band, especially in an era of derivative rock bands, is how they couldn't be easily pigeonhold. Never fully headbanging metal, yet to edgy to be considered simply rock, some slight alternative undertones (Mr Compromise and Suicide Sunshine, dropped D riffing), and textured Def Leppard harmonies that should be out of place yet easily slide right through--it's all very unique (not to mention a goofy mariachi interlude during a heartfelt ballad). Plus their musicianship was solid, very tight, and memorable.

TBH I've never warmed to the Skid Row comparison outside of production quality, some guitar tones, and Larry's razor-burred voice, where all comparison stops, but liken them more to Tesla as mentioned--also another band that found its brilliance in the ability to subtly merge different influences together to create some highly original, yet radio-friendly, music.

I'm having difficulty deciding whether or not to buy the rerelease since I have two original copies on CD, but in any case I am happy beyond belief that these guys are finally getting the attention and respect they deserved back in 1993. I would buy a plane ticket just to see them reunite, although with their careers and being spread across the states (and Chris touring full-time), I don't see that happening. This is good enough for me.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced   Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2