Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced

Go down 
+8
nevermore
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
mikeinfla
Gilbert
corplhicks
BillRoxx
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced Empty
PostSubject: Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced   Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 5:46 pm

Roxx Records is very excited to announce our next Limited Edition reissue of the much sought after debut release from US rockers FEAR NOT!

That’s right one of the long, lost out of print titles that has never seen a proper reissue, original CD copies are very scarce to find these days, if you can find one at all! But even better this will be the first time this title has ever been released on vinyl!

Fear Not was formed in 1992 coming out of the remnants of Love Life with their one and only release entitled ‘Goodbye Lady Jane’. After the release of ‘Goodbye Lady Jane’ the band felt they needed a change and to somewhat reinvent their sound and style, the band would change their name to Fear Not, sign on to Pakaderm Records and embark on to a very successful ride with this, their self-titled debut.

Unfortunately in the mid 90’s the music scene was starting to take a turn, and when a band like Fear Not should have been on top of the charts, the sounds of grunge were coming in and hard rock in the vein of Fear Not was pushed to the side. Alas, Fear Not would call it a day before ever recording a sophomore release.

Today 25 years later we are excited to once again revisit and celebrate the music and story of Fear Not. Featuring a very beautiful new cover, that stays true to the original release while highlighting the hand painting of Ronald Wall, who assisted in the beautiful pin stripped logos on the cover and the beautiful updated hand painting of the cross on the back cover. Together with Scott Waters (No Life til Metal), they turned the artwork and layout in to a work of art.

We are just getting started though, the music for this reissue has been completely remastered for vinyl and for a special CD pressing by our very own Rob Colwell (Bombworks Sound). So join us as we celebrate the 25th anniversary of Fear Not with this very cool limited edition reissue.

Fear Not the self-titled album will be issued on vinyl for the very first time with a special run of only 500 copies, featuring 150 copies on purple vinyl and 350 on black vinyl. It will feature all 10 of the original tracks as they originally appeared on the CD. Also we will be pressing 500 copies on limited edition CD featuring all 10 original tracks and 2 brand new previously unreleased tracks on CD! Release date is scheduled for December 8, 2017, just in time for the Holiday season. Stay tuned for updates and pre-order information by signing up on our email list at www.roxxproductions.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced   Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 9:32 pm

Came here after a long absence to CELEBRATE THIS NEWS. Thank you Bill! My favorite christian metal band since I was a teen. They truly deserve this. Definitely going to order.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced   Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 11:15 pm

Not familiar with this band. But i will check them out.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced   Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 6:41 am

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced   Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 7:19 am

Neat-o!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced   Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 10:18 am

Will definitely be ordering this. I have a burned copy a friend made for me so it's only fair I buy it when it comes out. Been waiting for this one!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced   Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 10:32 am

Just in case anyone missed it, TWO BONUS TRACKS Very Happy !

Although I'm confused at the one about the one being recorded specifically for this release. From what I know the guys are spread out across that states and haven't reunited. Makes me wonder if it's a track of Larry's, maybe even this one:

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced   Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 11:47 am

Hmmm, I've been outbid on this one a few times in the past and had all but given up on owning a copy. Guess now I'll finally get my chance.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced   Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced Icon_minitimeTue Sep 19, 2017 5:06 am

Great album! Good to see it get a reissue. I've still got my original. Love Life was good too. Still got that on cassette. Haha.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced   Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 1:45 pm

I'll be ordering a copy!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced   Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 8:39 pm

ill get this! Hard to believe its 25 years old though.

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced   Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 9:59 pm

I don't know if I'll get the CD since I already have two (non-boot) copies, but the vinyl for sure, especially for the bonus tracks (EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEipeedalittle).
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced   Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 7:13 am

corplhicks wrote:
I don't know if I'll get the CD since I already have two (non-boot) copies, but the vinyl for sure, especially for the bonus tracks (EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEipeedalittle).

No bonus tracks on the vinyl, CD only.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced   Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:17 am

mikeinfla wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

No bonus tracks on the vinyl, CD only.

Ah, damn. I missed that. Welp, looks like I'm shelling out a good chunk for both.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced   Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 6:11 am

Went to preorder this morning now that I have the funds and POOF! It's no longer available.

http://roxxrecords.storenvy.com/collections/1594646-fear-not

Oh well I guess I missed it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced   Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2018 4:28 pm

Just ordered my CD :cheese:

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced   Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2018 8:39 am

it is good - it sounds good and the music is cool. The bonus tracks are ok.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced   Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2018 8:22 pm

My copy came in today's mail! Woot! :cheese:

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced   Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 8:49 pm

Been jamming the re-ish a lot this wkend.

I gotta say, I usually don't dig it when reissues change/alter the cover art but in this case I actually like the new cover/layout better. The flowery/paisley motif of the original cover had a hippy-dippy vibe to it that didn't fit the band at all.

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced   Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 8:14 am

Have played it a few times and really enjoy it. I believe this is a re-issue only and not a remaster. Either way gld to have a legit copy, my only other copy was a rip someone made me from his CD. Once it got reissued I did the right thing and bought my own copy.

I like the new cover art better as well.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced   Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2018 11:24 pm

Wow, folks really like this?! Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced   Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2018 4:46 am

^^for F*ck's sake.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced   Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2018 5:47 am

I remember seeing this album either in a Christian bookstore or in Heaven's Metal magazine back in the day... but I never heard what they sound like til now. My first impression is that they were a Christian alternative to Skid Row.

And the drums are very bombastic! Laughing

Last edited by Troublezone on Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:07 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced   Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2018 5:49 am

corplhicks wrote:
^^for F*ck's sake.

Who's sake?! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced   Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2018 8:47 am

Quote :
first impression is that they were a Christian alternative to Skid Row. 

I hear some Tesla in them as well.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced   Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fear Not - 25th Anniversary LP + CD reissue details announced
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next