Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Red Sea - Blood 25th Anniversary reissue on vinyl and CD

Go down 
+2
assault_attack
BillRoxx
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

Red Sea - Blood 25th Anniversary reissue on vinyl and CD  Empty
PostSubject: Red Sea - Blood 25th Anniversary reissue on vinyl and CD    Red Sea - Blood 25th Anniversary reissue on vinyl and CD  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2019 11:48 pm

Roxx Records is bringing you another long lost Christian Metal classic that has been out of print for years and years! Red Sea released one album entitled ‘Blood’ before calling it a day back in 1994. The album was critically acclaimed and garnered quite a bit of attention back then, but alas given the hard rock and metal market at that time the album ended up being a one off and a follow up was never recorded.

Red Sea featured the amazing vocal talents of Robin Basauri (Die Happy, Joshua) the guitar playing of Chris Sorenson (Fear Not) drums of Jeff Martin (Badlands, Racer X) and rounded out on bass by Greg Chaisson (Badlands, Die Happy). The album boasted very well done heavy, bluesy rock boarding on metal. What you got here was a band that sounded very much like Badlands but featured Christian lyrics and themes.

2019 marks the 25th anniversary of this classic album and we revisit it and improve upon it in every way we possibly can. This 25th anniversary edition features only those 11 classic tracks completely remastered by Rob Colwell of Bombworks Sound. It also boasts brand new upgraded artwork and design that holds true to the original concept by Scott Waters of No Life Til Metal Graphics.

Blood is being pressed on vinyl for the very first time ever in a limited edition pressing of only 500 pieces.
There will be a limited pressing of 150 on red vinyl and 350 on black vinyl. Also a brand new limited edition CD pressing housed in a jewel case with a beautiful 8 page booklet with lyrics liner notes and previously unreleased archive photos of the band.

Stop by and check out our brand new website and get in on the pre order now for special bonus items and special packs which also feature new pre orders from Helix, Mass and Weapons of God.

Track Listing:
01. Soulshaker (4:50)
02. Blood (4:52)
03. Wolves At The Door (7:19)
04. Dust To Dust (5:32)
05. Last Days Of Winter (4:36)
06. Walk On Fire (3:57)
07. Shades Of Purple (5:18)
08. Hellbound Train (5:29)
09. Losin’ My Way (5:50)
10. Down Home Static (1:04)
11. Tears Of Joy (4:44)

RELEASE DATE: August 30, 2019
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Red Sea - Blood 25th Anniversary reissue on vinyl and CD    Red Sea - Blood 25th Anniversary reissue on vinyl and CD  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2019 2:19 am

I'm in! Love this cd. I only have a copy because you could not buy it.. If you like Badlands then just buy.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Red Sea - Blood 25th Anniversary reissue on vinyl and CD    Red Sea - Blood 25th Anniversary reissue on vinyl and CD  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2019 2:47 am

I love this style of heavy blues rock! It is indeed very similar to Badlands.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Red Sea - Blood 25th Anniversary reissue on vinyl and CD    Red Sea - Blood 25th Anniversary reissue on vinyl and CD  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2019 3:19 am

Great album! Too bad Sorenson doesn't have more of a name in the industry. Dude is a phenomenal axeman.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Red Sea - Blood 25th Anniversary reissue on vinyl and CD    Red Sea - Blood 25th Anniversary reissue on vinyl and CD  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2019 12:09 pm

If I'm not mistaken, Sorenson went by Chris Howell and played with Fear Not/Love Life.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

PostSubject: Re: Red Sea - Blood 25th Anniversary reissue on vinyl and CD    Red Sea - Blood 25th Anniversary reissue on vinyl and CD  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2019 1:45 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, Sorenson went by Chris Howell and played with Fear Not/Love Life.

Cool! Thanks for the info. I see New release on Roxx records  3-8-19'

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Red Sea - Blood 25th Anniversary reissue on vinyl and CD    Red Sea - Blood 25th Anniversary reissue on vinyl and CD  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2019 2:30 pm

Yup, his work on the Fear Not debut is rather wild. Never knew he went by Howell, tho. Interesting.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Red Sea - Blood 25th Anniversary reissue on vinyl and CD    Red Sea - Blood 25th Anniversary reissue on vinyl and CD  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2019 3:38 pm

That new Fear Not is such a completely different sound, hard to believe it's the same group.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

PostSubject: Re: Red Sea - Blood 25th Anniversary reissue on vinyl and CD    Red Sea - Blood 25th Anniversary reissue on vinyl and CD  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2019 4:57 pm

So, All 4 original members but they added a new lead singer, Interesting move.

I hear a bit of Kings X in that song. I guess they sounded closer to Skid Row back in the day.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Red Sea - Blood 25th Anniversary reissue on vinyl and CD    Red Sea - Blood 25th Anniversary reissue on vinyl and CD  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2019 2:21 am

Cool, but I would rather have new material.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red Sea - Blood 25th Anniversary reissue on vinyl and CD    Red Sea - Blood 25th Anniversary reissue on vinyl and CD  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Red Sea - Blood 25th Anniversary reissue on vinyl and CD
Page 1 of 1