Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What was your first big time rock/metal concert?

Go down 
+20
James B.
mikeinfla
Highway Star
Shawn Of Fire
Red Kitty
Boris2008
Wrecked Neck
Troublezone
Thelemech
mc666
nevermore
MetalGuy71
brokentulsa
Lari
Fat Freddy
glassprison
Gilbert
Addy
Big Rich
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

What was your first big time rock/metal concert? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What was your first big time rock/metal concert?   What was your first big time rock/metal concert? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 10:06 am

Wow, how was Whitecross live back then?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: What was your first big time rock/metal concert?   What was your first big time rock/metal concert? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 10:50 am

glassprison wrote:
Wow, how was Whitecross live back then?

I had nothing to compare it to, and I was 16, so I was blown away... lol!

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Highway Star

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: What was your first big time rock/metal concert?   What was your first big time rock/metal concert? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 12:31 pm

glassprison wrote:
My first was Poison with Cinderella, Dokken and Slaughter in 2000. Still one of the best I've been to.

I saw that same show in Atlanta. I've seen Cinderella many times and that was by far the best show.
Back to top Go down
Highway Star
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Highway Star

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: What was your first big time rock/metal concert?   What was your first big time rock/metal concert? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 12:32 pm

My first show was Judas Priest on the Turbo tour with Dokken opening
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: What was your first big time rock/metal concert?   What was your first big time rock/metal concert? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 1:08 pm

Priest on the Defenders Of The Faith tour with Great White opening. I was 12. First concert ever, I went with some highschool kids. My thought was "dang this is loud!" My friend said "way to break you in to going to concerts- Priest!!!" Also first time I heard cussing from the stage. At 12 years old I guess I was shocked to hear Jack Russell drop F bombs.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: What was your first big time rock/metal concert?   What was your first big time rock/metal concert? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2017 2:31 pm

California Jam in 1974.  Tagged along with an older sister and the guy she was fornicating with that week. It was my very first concert ever.

What was your first big time rock/metal concert? - Page 2 Th?id=OIP.NO5vqbE9PJvg9xn2isSbWQEsDB&w=271&h=172&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&dpr=1.25&pid=1

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What was your first big time rock/metal concert?   What was your first big time rock/metal concert? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2017 4:44 pm

At what they called Rock Superbowl in Miami, I was 12 years old, it was Journey headlining, with Aerosmith ( with Jimmy Crespo not Joe Perry on guitar) and Bryan Adams
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: What was your first big time rock/metal concert?   What was your first big time rock/metal concert? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2017 1:34 am

Winger and Slaughter in the fall of 1990.  Kiss was suppose to headline, but cancelled because I believe Paul was sick.  Wasn't really a fan of those bands, but the tickets was free and I was like "What the hell".
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: What was your first big time rock/metal concert?   What was your first big time rock/metal concert? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 6:19 am

It's interesting how the Hot in the Shade tour was the first "big time" show for so many people here. I've never understood the disdain for that album, even given the fact that it was essentially a bunch of demos put together with minimal work to make it something worthy of a release. Even if there a few duds I still enjoy the record quite a bit. From the footage I've seen of that tour, the band had a lot of energy on stage and the performances were on point despite any turmoil that may have been mounting on a personal level amongst band members.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: What was your first big time rock/metal concert?   What was your first big time rock/metal concert? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 6:28 am

glassprison wrote:
It's interesting how the Hot in the Shade tour was the first "big time" show for so many people here. I've never understood the disdain for that album, even given the fact that it was essentially a bunch of demos put together with minimal work to make it something worthy of a release. Even if there a few duds I still enjoy the record quite a bit. From the footage I've seen of that tour, the band had a lot of energy on stage and the performances were on point despite any turmoil that may have been mounting on a personal level amongst band members.

I saw this tour too also with free trickers that were thrown from a roof by a radio station. I caught one ticket so I went by myself. Don't remember who opened but I've also seen Winger and Slaughter so it was prob those 2. I remember winger being quite boring but the music was good. Loved Slaughter and Kiss. Great show! I didn't know there was any turmoil in Kiss at the time I thought that lineup got along pretty well.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: What was your first big time rock/metal concert?   What was your first big time rock/metal concert? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 3:08 pm

My first rock concert, The Doobie Brothers August 18th, 1982 Sports and Music Center (U.S Clay Courts) Indianapolis, IN. I attended with my parents and our next door neighbor. First Hard Rock concert, Def Leppard & Europe July 18th, 1988 Indiana State Fairgrounds. First Heavy Metal concert, Metallica and Queensryche November 22nd, 1988 The Mecca Milwaukee, WI.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: What was your first big time rock/metal concert?   What was your first big time rock/metal concert? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 7:36 pm

First gig: Stryper/Hurricane - THWTD tour, 1987, theater gig.. over 1000 lol
First Arena gig - Stryper/Hurricane - IGWT tour, Hampton Coliseum... also first gig on the barrier!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What was your first big time rock/metal concert?   What was your first big time rock/metal concert? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What was your first big time rock/metal concert?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2