Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What was your first big time rock/metal concert?

Go down 
+20
James B.
mikeinfla
Highway Star
Shawn Of Fire
Red Kitty
Boris2008
Wrecked Neck
Troublezone
Thelemech
mc666
nevermore
MetalGuy71
brokentulsa
Lari
Fat Freddy
glassprison
Gilbert
Addy
Big Rich
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 675

What was your first big time rock/metal concert? Empty
PostSubject: What was your first big time rock/metal concert?   What was your first big time rock/metal concert? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 2:06 pm

Not at your high school cafeteria but a big show with thousands of people there....

Mine was Kiss- Slaughter and Little Ceaser in Weedsport, Ny in the Summer of 1990. Still not sure I've ever seen a more exciting concert.

You?
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: What was your first big time rock/metal concert?   What was your first big time rock/metal concert? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 2:16 pm

does it have to be thousands? Because Ive seen Lita Ford, Stryper, Deliverance, Barren Cross, Whitecross, Rez, all in small venues but in those big arenas Ive seen Roger Waters and Pearl Jam
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: What was your first big time rock/metal concert?   What was your first big time rock/metal concert? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 2:19 pm

Scorpions and metallica.
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 675

PostSubject: Re: What was your first big time rock/metal concert?   What was your first big time rock/metal concert? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 2:26 pm

Addy wrote:
does it have to be thousands? Because Ive seen Lita Ford, Stryper, Deliverance, Barren Cross, Whitecross, Rez,  all in small venues but in those big arenas Ive seen Roger Waters and Pearl Jam

Yep, I'm talking about arena type shows. But if you've never seen one, list your 1 st club show.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: What was your first big time rock/metal concert?   What was your first big time rock/metal concert? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 2:28 pm

My first arena concert was Loverboy with Zebra opening. Razz Good show though.

My first "metal" show was KISS with Accept opening in March of 1984. Excellent show.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: What was your first big time rock/metal concert?   What was your first big time rock/metal concert? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 2:53 pm

My first was Poison with Cinderella, Dokken and Slaughter in 2000. Still one of the best I've been to.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: What was your first big time rock/metal concert?   What was your first big time rock/metal concert? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 3:05 pm

Judas Priest/Dokken, June of 86

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: What was your first big time rock/metal concert?   What was your first big time rock/metal concert? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 3:11 pm

Alice Cooper. Dio was supporting.

Mostly came for Dio. But it was all good.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: What was your first big time rock/metal concert?   What was your first big time rock/metal concert? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 3:11 pm

glassprison wrote:
My first was Poison with Cinderella, Dokken and Slaughter in 2000. Still one of the best I've been to.

I'd have loved to have seen Cinderella and Dokken back in their prime.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: What was your first big time rock/metal concert?   What was your first big time rock/metal concert? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 3:51 pm

Krokus/Accept/Coney Hatch 1984....
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: What was your first big time rock/metal concert?   What was your first big time rock/metal concert? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 3:58 pm

Quote :

This was the tour in support of Erase the Slate so Reb Beach was on guitar. They sounded great, but Don had injured his leg so he was on a stool for the show.

Cinderella was phenomenal on this tour.

Quote :
Mine was Kiss- Slaughter and Little Ceaser in Weedsport, Ny in the Summer of 1990. Still not sure I've ever seen a more exciting concert.

I wish I could've seen the Hot in the Shade Tour! They had a great setlist for that tour. I was only 2 years old at the time though lol!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What was your first big time rock/metal concert?   What was your first big time rock/metal concert? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 3:59 pm

First big "rock" show was Huey Lewis and the News at the Spectrum in Philadelphia, probably around '85 or '86.

I can't remember my first "metal" show. Might have been Ozzy at the Spectrum too. Or Aerosmith maybe.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: What was your first big time rock/metal concert?   What was your first big time rock/metal concert? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 4:06 pm

My first rock show was .38 Special with Eddie Money opening. This was my very first show ever.
My first metal show was Ratt with Bon Jovi opening.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What was your first big time rock/metal concert?   What was your first big time rock/metal concert? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 4:08 pm

glassprison wrote:
Quote :

This was the tour in support of Erase the Slate so Reb Beach was on guitar. They sounded great, but Don had injured his leg so he was on a stool for the show.

Cinderella was phenomenal on this tour.

I think I saw that tour too. Poison and Slaughter were on the line-up too, weren't they?

I saw Cinderella back in '88 or '89, again at the Spectrum, touring for Long Cold Winter and then years later on that Dokken/Poison tour. The sound and set list was almost identical to the show 10 years earlier. Both great.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: What was your first big time rock/metal concert?   What was your first big time rock/metal concert? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 4:16 pm

Big Rich wrote:

You?

I saw that same exact show at Star Lake Amphitheater (now known as the KeyBank Pavilion) that year. I agree. It was a great show despite the rain.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: What was your first big time rock/metal concert?   What was your first big time rock/metal concert? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 4:27 pm

Judas priest, Megadeth, & Testament. 91 I think it was.

Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: What was your first big time rock/metal concert?   What was your first big time rock/metal concert? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 5:06 pm

George Thorogood And The Destroyers at an arena that was turned into a huge bar basically. At least 3000 people were there and he put on a pretty good show.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: What was your first big time rock/metal concert?   What was your first big time rock/metal concert? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 5:43 pm

Mine was certainly not a metal show, but I would consider it part of the rock category.

Michael Jackson's "Bad" tour 1988 at the Forum in L.A.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: What was your first big time rock/metal concert?   What was your first big time rock/metal concert? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 1:10 am

My first Concert was Queensryche opening for Kiss on their Animalize tour, at the Aladdin theater Las Vegas nevada. Sadly, I didn't go to another show till iron maiden came around on their seventh son tour. Made up for it since, and have gone to well over two hundred shows. I pretty much stay away from the big ones these days though. Depends on the band, but I refuse to spend stupid money to see most bands.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: What was your first big time rock/metal concert?   What was your first big time rock/metal concert? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 4:41 am

Troublezone wrote:
Mine was certainly not a metal show, but I would consider it part of the rock category.

Wow must've been one hell of a show.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: What was your first big time rock/metal concert?   What was your first big time rock/metal concert? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 4:47 am

What was your first big time rock/metal concert? Don-1986-Cover

It wasn't supposed to be my first gig Metallica/Anthrax at Birmingham Odeon (RIP) a month later was going to be but then we won tickets to this in a local competition Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: What was your first big time rock/metal concert?   What was your first big time rock/metal concert? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 4:51 am

Gilbert wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I queued for about nine hours for tickets to the Bad tour. I didn't go to the show and had no desire to, I was purely there to keep my sister company sigh
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: What was your first big time rock/metal concert?   What was your first big time rock/metal concert? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 8:25 am

Gilbert wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Yeah, it was a big production rock show and he was still in his prime years back then. Before that, I always liked watching his Thriller video and Beat It was always a catchy tune.
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: What was your first big time rock/metal concert?   What was your first big time rock/metal concert? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 9:41 am

Journey with Point Blank opening. Fall of 1981, Pittsburgh Civic Arena. Still have the ticket stub. Cost of the show was $9.75
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: What was your first big time rock/metal concert?   What was your first big time rock/metal concert? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 10:04 am

Whitecross/Steve Taylor in 1988 in the same venue PPUSA is held in now.

PostSubject: Re: What was your first big time rock/metal concert?   What was your first big time rock/metal concert? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What was your first big time rock/metal concert?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next