Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW

Go down 
+7
Leatherface
mlotek
Addy
Lari
DallasBlack
akeldama
tohostudios
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 9:20 pm

She's come a long way from her NXT days. I would totally hate it if they end up having her job to Asuka. I just don't see anyone else in the Women's Division that's on her level overall.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 9:22 pm

Rollins wants Lesnar and then the Visage of Dysentery has to show up...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 9:34 pm

Cardinals are losing 4-0 in the 5th so I'm back.

Here comes the new heel team of Sheamus and Cesaro.

I still like 'em.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 9:38 pm

I'm glad they turned. Being a heel is the litmus test for character development.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 9:43 pm

I can't stand the Hardy Boyz.  Or the whole "Broken Matt and Brother Nero" crap.

I've always hated them.  Two little punks who like to fly around the ring and defeat guys twice their size.  That schtick was OK when I was 12 but now it totally defies believability.

There is no way in hell two tiny punks like the Hardys would ever beat Sheamus/Cesaro in a legit fight.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 9:46 pm

I used to feel the same exact way but about two years ago I had a change of heart. I felt the same way about AJ Styles and now he's one of my all-time faves. I just don't want the Hardyz to end up like the Dudleys upon their return. I'm just happy there's more emphasis on tag teams again.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 9:47 pm

Actually I liked Matt after he became V1.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 10:07 pm

Three hours of RAW is too much most of the time.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 10:27 pm

I totally agree.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 8:04 am

tohostudios wrote:
I can't stand the Hardy Boyz.  Or the whole "Broken Matt and Brother Nero" crap.

I've always hated them.  Two little punks who like to fly around the ring and defeat guys twice their size.  That schtick was OK when I was 12 but now it totally defies believability.

There is no way in hell two tiny punks like the Hardys would ever beat Sheamus/Cesaro in a legit fight.

Wrestling is never realistic if you want realistic id watch MMA or boxing

I think the whole Broken Gimmick was a high point for them, I think had they stayed in TNA on the momentum they were going they would have gotten even bigger. Personally I am glad theyre back in the WWE I always liked Team Extreme but thatll never happen again (need Lita for that) but I do like the Hardy Boyz . Like it or not those guys helped the division as a whole as well as Edge & Christian, The Dudleys, etc...

That all being said

I really HATE the Miz he's such a fckin tool
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 5:45 pm

The Miz has his moments where I like what he does on the mic but yeah, I still hate him too.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 5:55 pm

Addy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Wrestling is never realistic if you want realistic id watch MMA or boxing

I think the whole Broken Gimmick was a high point for them, I think had they stayed in TNA on the momentum they were going they would have gotten even bigger.  Personally I am glad theyre back in the WWE I always liked Team Extreme but thatll never happen again (need Lita for that) but I do like the Hardy Boyz . Like it or not those guys helped the division as a whole as well as Edge & Christian, The Dudleys, etc...

That all being said

I really HATE the Miz he's such a fckin tool

That's the entire problem!  Wrestling is supposed to be realistic.  At least to a degree. 

I always compare watching pro wrestling like going to a dramatic movie.  You go into both knowing neither one is real.  But if I watch a dramatic movie I suspend my disbelief so I can get into the story being told.  If all of a sudden cars start flying, that destroys the illusion of reality.  I'm supposed to be watching a drama not science fiction.  Same thing with wrestling.  I know it's fake but don't rub my nose in that fact by have two tiny guys defeat two guys who are both at least twice their size.  Again, it ruins the illusion.  If they were in the cruiserweight division it would be totally different.  But as it is, what's next?  The Hardys beat Braun Strowman and Big Show? 

Oh, and for the record, I DO watch both boxing and MMA.  Laughing

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 6:05 pm

And while I'm ranting I'll also mention that I'm sick and tired of WWE trying to get by using has-been talent on us long-time wrestling marks.

C'mon..They brought back the Dudleys (who I loved years ago in ECW), they brought back Goldberg (don't even ask), they brought back Goldust (who had his hayday about 30 years ago), they keep bringing back HHH (gimme a break), not to mention in the last several years:  The Undertaker, Ric Flair, the New Age Outlaws, Shawn Michaels, The FREAKIN' Headbangers, and on and on and on. 

And now we get The Hardys.  AGAIN! And this one is especially irritating because they waltz in for their first match back and A) get a title shot out of nowhere and B) actually win the damn things.

Meanwhile, other talent on the roster languishes as WWE tries to re-create their glory days by bringing back all these has-been, washed up ex-stars.  Sure they're OK as one-offs in stuff like the Royal Rumble but WWE keeps relying on former stars to try to boost ratings.  I for one ain't buyin' it.  Gimme some new guys.  Or at least relatively new guys.  As for UT, Shawn Michaels, Flair, Goldberg, et. al...well to quote a famous has-been, let them "rest in peace".

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 8:27 pm

Here's a total non-surprise:

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-sean-waltman-arrested-20170502-story.html

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 8:58 pm

tohostudios wrote:
And while I'm ranting I'll also mention that I'm sick and tired of WWE trying to get by using has-been talent on us long-time wrestling marks.

C'mon..They brought back the Dudleys (who I loved years ago in ECW), they brought back Goldberg (don't even ask), they brought back Goldust (who had his hayday about 30 years ago), they keep bringing back HHH (gimme a break), not to mention in the last several years:  The Undertaker, Ric Flair, the New Age Outlaws, Shawn Michaels, The FREAKIN' Headbangers, and on and on and on. 

And now we get The Hardys.  AGAIN! And this one is especially irritating because they waltz in for their first match back and A) get a title shot out of nowhere and B) actually win the damn things.

Meanwhile, other talent on the roster languishes as WWE tries to re-create their glory days by bringing back all these has-been, washed up ex-stars.  Sure they're OK as one-offs in stuff like the Royal Rumble but WWE keeps relying on former stars to try to boost ratings.  I for one ain't buyin' it.  Gimme some new guys.  Or at least relatively new guys.  As for UT, Shawn Michaels, Flair, Goldberg, et. al...well to quote a famous has-been, let them "rest in peace".

I totally agree but have one exception and that's Y2J.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 9:41 pm

But Y2J is an exception to the rule.

He re-invents himself over and over and over.  From the "Lionsault-era pretty boy" to the "LED jacket-wearing heel" to the "List keeping heel AND face"; he's not just reliving/reusing the same schtick that made him and the WWE money in the first place.

Whenever Jericho comes back it can be like getting a whole new character in the WWE scene.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 9:44 pm

Well stated. With that being said get rid of Chince McMahon already!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 9:50 pm

I swear, if Randy Savage, The Ultimate Warrior and Chris Benoit were still alive, Vince would be putting them in prime positions on Raw because that's how he reacts to negative ratings; let's go back to what we were doing when we had great ratings.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 10:01 pm

Get rid of Ellsworth AND Vince!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 10:06 pm

That works for me!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 10:08 pm

I haven't watched a minute of Smackdown tonight because the Cardinal game has been a nailbiter.  Did I miss anything?

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 10:14 pm

Not really, the best things were Jericho and AJ cutting a promo on each other, Jericho putting the Vaudevillain dude on the list, calling Renee "Ronnie" and putting her on the list. Lol!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 10:20 pm

That whole "List" thing is hilarious.  He's a wrestling gimmick genius.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 10:42 pm

Yeah, it sucked to see him get the beat down to usher in his latest hiatus from the company.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 10:46 pm

I'm really surprised they gave Jericho the title because I thought he was going out on tour with Fozzy soon.

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: