Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history?

Go down 
+23
James B.
manny
Boris2008
brokentulsa
Sword Of The Heretic
Glower
Troublezone
BearOnUnicycle
MetalGuy71
metalinmyveins
Witchfinder
Thelemech
Lari
Red Kitty
Mac & Cheese
Thrasher73
Gilbert
Wrecked Neck
Leatherface
Dark Horseman
nevermore
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 605

In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history?   In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 7:54 pm

When MTV began playing Nirvana, Pearl Jam, and Blind Melon on Headbangers' Ball
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history?   In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 7:56 pm

Sword Of The Heretic wrote:

This is a good one, actually.

In a matter of years (months?), MTV went from being the biggest promoter of the movement, into openly disrespecting it.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history?   In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2017 1:30 am

Quote :

And if that wasn't bad enough a couple of years later they tried to convince us all that Korn and Limp Biscuit were metal Shocked
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history?   In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2017 5:08 am

Or when MTV quit playing music altogether.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history?   In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 23, 2017 5:16 pm

For me personally it was Cliff's death. I was 16 and had only just seen him play live a week before and Metallica were pretty much my world at that point. The other two that I think were tragic were the deaths of Bon Scott & Randy Rhodes as both of them, like Cliff had worked their asses off and made it big only for it to get cut short so soon.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history?   In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 23, 2017 5:23 pm

To me it was Dimebag's murder. I am not biggest fan of Pantera but his death was just so random and unnecessary, ultimately meaningless, like most murders are.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history?   In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 23, 2017 5:24 pm

Oh and on another completely different track was Monsters of Rock '88 when two fans were crushed to death during Guns N Roses set, not only because two kids lost their lives but also because it signalled the end of the age of innocence for festivals and now they are (sensibly, but much less fun) health & safety dominated affairs.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history?   In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 24, 2017 9:45 pm

Doro Pesch kicking Warlock to the curb by going solo and hooking up with Simmons.

By the way, getting Simmons to produce an album was like winning best new artist at The Grammy Awards...instant death to your music career.

I am not going to bring death into it, life is too precious to focus on that.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history?   In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 24, 2017 11:54 pm

James B. wrote:
Doro Pesch kicking Warlock to the curb by going solo and hooking up with Simmons.

By the way, getting Simmons to produce an album was like winning best new artist at The Grammy Awards...instant death to your music career.

I am not going to bring death into it, life is too precious to focus on that.

Though, obviously Rhodes death meant a lot to you. I remember you stating on here once, where you were positioned for his funeral. I think you had a birds eye view? I also enjoyed your thoughts way back on these boards, when you talked about when you were a youngster playing in a band and how Randy approached you from just outside the club (that you had played in earlier) but had to hang outside later, due to age restrictions...
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history?   In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 25, 2017 7:55 am

The Day Metallica formed...... just kidding sorta

seriously though

as far as "Metal" goes I dont have one but for Rock itself for me the top 3 are (in this order) 1) David Bowie's passing 2) Kurt Cobain's suicide/murder (depending on which view you hold) and 3) Scott Weiland's OD though for Metal if I had to pick one for me it would be when Deliverance ended originally
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history?   In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 25, 2017 9:54 am

BearOnUnicycle wrote:
Chris Oliva dies in a car crash. Vicious Rumors record the song Thunder and Rain as a tribute to him. Year later Carl Albert dies in a car accident.

Actually, it was the following year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

Number of posts : 442

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history?   In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 9:02 am

Dio´s """death""" . I typed """death""" because everybody knows that "God" doesn´t die ... Wink
Back to top Go down
moonspell67
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
moonspell67

Number of posts : 463

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history?   In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 1:29 pm

going snowblind sucked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history?   In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2