Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The general opinion of untrue metal around here?

Go down 
+17
rattpoison
White_Mage
Damien Solta
Stender
krokus
Tall Tyrion
kmorg
Thrasher73
mc666
Temple of Blood
Rex
Olafsto
T-Roy
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
Muloc7253
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

The general opinion of untrue metal around here? Empty
PostSubject: The general opinion of untrue metal around here?   The general opinion of untrue metal around here? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 11:15 am

In short, I came to this forum because the general atmosphere reminds me of the Christian Metal Realm I used to post at (I haven't posted there in about 2 years, mainly due to my leaving christianity). What I liked about that board though was how un-elitist it was, and how all views were welcomed, there were no pointless flamings and arguments and it just had a generally friendly, inviting feel.

So what's the general view of untrue metal on this board? I mean the stuff that elitists/purists tend to dislike? I'm talking Pantera, Machine Head, post-Arise Sepultura, The Haunted, Mastodon, Lamb of God, metalcore, NWOAM, nu-metal, grunge, gothenburg, hardcore, modern European power metal, glam/pop metal et cetera. From looking through the In Flames thread it seems the attitude is pretty good, so definately the kind of forum I've been looking for. I've been using Scott's site for around 4 years now and always found his attitude pretty damn good towards the more frowned upon subgenres, so here's to hoping for a good experience in this forum.

In metal The general opinion of untrue metal around here? 505193
-- Muloc
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The general opinion of untrue metal around here?   The general opinion of untrue metal around here? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 11:29 am

I'm a newbie here but I don't see the elitist attitude at all so far.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: The general opinion of untrue metal around here?   The general opinion of untrue metal around here? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 11:38 am

I'm not big on much of the newer metalcore, black metal, modern thrash, etc. stuff but I don't have a problem with it either. (I just like picking on black metal cuz so much of it is unintentionally funny.)

One of the reasons I like this board so much is that you can post about just about any band in any style and you're not going to get flamed with responses like "LOL! THAT BAND SUX! YOUR GHEY!", etc. People here have a wide range of tastes and we all get along pretty well (most of the time).

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The general opinion of untrue metal around here?   The general opinion of untrue metal around here? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 11:40 am

I say, listen to what you like. Being "true" means listening to what you enjoy and not restricting yourself to some stupid guidelines just because that's what's considered "cool". Screw that!

I love "true metal", but I also like bands like Sevendust, classic rock bands, Southern rock, the blues, and many bands like Cinderella and Stryper that many consider "poser bands."

However, having said that, we do enjoy poking fun at each other here at times. We had a "this band sucks" thread not long ago, but it never erupted into anything. It's all just good fun. very happy

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: The general opinion of untrue metal around here?   The general opinion of untrue metal around here? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 11:41 am

I think we're pretty consistent and fair here. I think there is a pretty strong elitist attitude here though, but not offensive and not overbearing at all. But the stuff like you just listed and nu-metal along with metalcore on a whole, is not received well here! lol!
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: The general opinion of untrue metal around here?   The general opinion of untrue metal around here? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 11:46 am

Most people here are very open minded!! There are a couple of guys that you maybe would call elitist, but they are a minority.
A lot of us aren`t into the bands you call untrue metal, but there`s no point in attacking those who like it!!
And welcome btw!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto

PostSubject: Re: The general opinion of untrue metal around here?   The general opinion of untrue metal around here? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 11:49 am

Muloc7253 wrote:

So what's the general view of untrue metal
on this board? I mean the stuff that elitists/purists tend to dislike?
I'm talking Pantera, Machine Head, post-Arise Sepultura, Mastodon, Lamb
of God, grunge, hardcore,

-- Muloc

I don't have any problem with those bands or genres. What really IS "true" metal anyway?
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: The general opinion of untrue metal around here?   The general opinion of untrue metal around here? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 11:55 am

If I like it, I like it.
If I don't, I don't.
If you like it, fine.
If you don't like it, thats fine too.

That pretty much sums it up for me. Smile
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: The general opinion of untrue metal around here?   The general opinion of untrue metal around here? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 12:21 pm

Down with false metal
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The general opinion of untrue metal around here?   The general opinion of untrue metal around here? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 12:40 pm

i like all forms of hard music. from Disturbed to Deicide, from Cinderella to Candlemass, from Burzum to Blind Guardian, from Slayer to Soundgarden... it's all good.

PostSubject: Re: The general opinion of untrue metal around here?   The general opinion of untrue metal around here? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 12:47 pm

I don't care what people like, just don't post 5 different threads pertaining to the same band. It seems we finally have the KISS epidemic under control......
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: The general opinion of untrue metal around here?   The general opinion of untrue metal around here? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 12:51 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I don't care what people like, just don't post 5 different threads pertaining to the same band. It seems we finally have the KISS epidemic under control......

Oooh, that reminds me, I forgot to post a new thread asking what KISS fans think about them trotting out the Destroyer-era costumes for their upcoming tour of Australia and the Far East. Thanks Spec!!

just kidding

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: The general opinion of untrue metal around here?   The general opinion of untrue metal around here? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 1:03 pm

lol! oh boy!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The general opinion of untrue metal around here?   The general opinion of untrue metal around here? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 1:07 pm

I like alot of different stuff.This place is like family to me,everyone has always been cool.Just dont feed the Eyesore. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The general opinion of untrue metal around here?   The general opinion of untrue metal around here? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 1:31 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Down with false metal

lol!

Muloc: You and Eyesore will gt along just nicely! Together with mc666, they are keep the balance for such stuff here. Most of us hate it, but we don't hate people liking it.

BTW, did you use the same nick over at the CMR?

Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: The general opinion of untrue metal around here?   The general opinion of untrue metal around here? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 1:50 pm

kmorg wrote:
BTW, did you use the same nick over at the CMR?

Yeah, but I didn't have a sig or picture or anything so I sort of merged in a bit. I posted quite regularly though for a couple of years.

Last edited by on Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The general opinion of untrue metal around here?   The general opinion of untrue metal around here? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 2:43 pm

Regardless of what people suggest, genres are transparent. It's not metal, it's muisc. It's not country or R&B or rock or even rap, it's music.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: The general opinion of untrue metal around here?   The general opinion of untrue metal around here? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 2:46 pm

DEATH TO FALSE METAL!!! angry

just kidding
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The general opinion of untrue metal around here?   The general opinion of untrue metal around here? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 3:42 pm

The whole flaming someone because they like say.....Trixter is what kept me away from message boards but I do like this board and certainly intend to stay for a long time to come. Helps me new stuff. I can listen to almost anything save some of the shilly sounding black metal.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The general opinion of untrue metal around here?   The general opinion of untrue metal around here? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 3:47 pm

awillis50 wrote:
The whole flaming someone because they like say.....Trixter is what kept me away from message boards but I do like this board and certainly intend to stay for a long time to come. Helps me new stuff. I can listen to almost anything save some of the shilly sounding black metal.

Ewwwww, you like Trixter?
POSER ALERT!!!!
KILL KILL KILL!
DEATH TO ALL THOSE WHO PLAY FALSE METAL The general opinion of untrue metal around here? 505193

:joker:

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: The general opinion of untrue metal around here?   The general opinion of untrue metal around here? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 3:53 pm

TRIXTER??!?! LOOOOOSSSERRRR!!!!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: The general opinion of untrue metal around here?   The general opinion of untrue metal around here? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 3:54 pm

Muloc7253 wrote:
In short, I came to this forum because the general atmosphere reminds me of the Christian Metal Realm I used to post at (I haven't posted there in about 2 years, mainly due to my leaving christianity). What I liked about that board though was how un-elitist it was, and how all views were welcomed, there were no pointless flamings and arguments and it just had a generally friendly, inviting feel.

So what's the general view of untrue metal on this board? I mean the stuff that elitists/purists tend to dislike? I'm talking Pantera, Machine Head, post-Arise Sepultura, The Haunted, Mastodon, Lamb of God, metalcore, NWOAM, nu-metal, grunge, gothenburg, hardcore, modern European power metal, glam/pop metal et cetera. From looking through the In Flames thread it seems the attitude is pretty good, so definately the kind of forum I've been looking for. I've been using Scott's site for around 4 years now and always found his attitude pretty damn good towards the more frowned upon subgenres, so here's to hoping for a good experience in this forum.

In metal The general opinion of untrue metal around here? 505193
-- Muloc

I dont like anything you named (only glam metal) but i can respect people that like those styles. I like REO SPEEDWAGON, or ASIA beside my speed/thrash metal records and thats okay too.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: The general opinion of untrue metal around here?   The general opinion of untrue metal around here? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 5:36 pm

I guess I've grown to except all those genres because the only people I can talk metal to in my town and school are people into all that, besides hardcore, you'll never catch me listening to that other stuff.
Back to top Go down
Damien Solta
Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: The general opinion of untrue metal around here?   The general opinion of untrue metal around here? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 5:42 pm

Everything seems to be cool with everyone here, and if it's not "True" metal it might not be as popular but it's accepted (though it doesn't come up as often as "true" metal, at least from what i've seen.)

I mean I likes me some Demon Hunter and Stryper. Everyone seems cool with that, although glam does seem to come up a bit (good ole hair metal The general opinion of untrue metal around here? 604261 )
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: The general opinion of untrue metal around here?   The general opinion of untrue metal around here? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 9:54 pm

Yea I'm listing to Heart as I'm typing this so that might give you an indacation on how opened minded people are here

This ain't like blabbermouth or whatever were if you adimit to liking any other besides metallica or wutever than you getting attacked with the word "poser" (I did a thread about this) Here you can glady say you like Slipknot or Trivium or omg St.Anger and you manage not to be slammed as a pose or "untrue" at worst someone might crack a joke at you but at least there funny not like

"stfu u n00b Slayer sux balls and ur gay and like men MetallicA are the best F*uckin band and only posers listen to slGAYyer and i screwed your mom and ur a gayhomofag hahah u POser"

lol! I've seen alot of posts like this and belive me you won't see them here
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The general opinion of untrue metal around here?   The general opinion of untrue metal around here? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The general opinion of untrue metal around here?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next