Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history?

Go down 
+23
James B.
manny
Boris2008
brokentulsa
Sword Of The Heretic
Glower
Troublezone
BearOnUnicycle
MetalGuy71
metalinmyveins
Witchfinder
Thelemech
Lari
Red Kitty
Mac & Cheese
Thrasher73
Gilbert
Wrecked Neck
Leatherface
Dark Horseman
nevermore
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history? Empty
PostSubject: In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history?   In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 9:31 pm

There are many - but I am listening to the Symbol of Salvation with Dave Pritchard playing all the guitar parts. So, for me? Dave's passing ranks right up there.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history?   In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 10:47 pm

Cliff Burton's and Eric Carr's passing both rank high with me.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history?   In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 11:03 pm

Randy, Moon, Bonham........hard to pick just one.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history?   In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 1:19 am

Jeff Hanneman's passing was rough for me as a long time Slayer fan.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history?   In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 2:23 am

Eagles of death metal massacre to me would be the saddest moment, followed my the murder of Dime. Never heard one song by eagles of death metal, no idea what they even sound like, but something like that should never have happened.

Almost equally sad is Dimes murder. You would hope security would take things more seriously since those two events, but I have gone to a hundred shows since Dime was murdered, and rarely am I even patted down these days. Surprised it hasn't happened more often to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history?   In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 2:31 am

Dime's assassination. I miss this riffer every day man.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history?   In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 4:57 am

Chuck Schuldiner passing away. Criss Oliva and Jani Lane as well.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history?   In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 6:22 am

Eric Carr's passing. A highly talented drummer who died way too young.
Back to top Go down
Mac & Cheese
Metal novice
Metal novice
Mac & Cheese

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history?   In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 6:32 am

There's so many out there, but I would have to say that the saddest was Dime's assassination.
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history?   In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 6:57 am

Dio and Lemmy for me.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history?   In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 8:57 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Eagles of death metal massacre to me would be the saddest moment, followed my the murder of Dime. Never heard one song by eagles of death metal, no idea what they even sound like, but something like that should never have happened.

They don't play metal, despite the name, so it can't really count as an "event in metal". They play rockabilly or pop-rock, just have a funny name.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history?   In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 9:56 am

Dio and Chuck Schuldiner
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history?   In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 10:17 am

6/4/1996 - The day Load was released. Sad Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history?   In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 10:23 am

Witchfinder wrote:

Laughing cool
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history?   In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 10:32 am

There's sad and then there is tragic. DIO and Lemmy's death would be sad to me, but are they tragic? They died from an awful disease known as cancer, BUT they lived "somewhat" long lives, especially as it pertains to their profession.

Saddest or tragic would be someone like Cliff Burton(24), who by all accounts was here one second and gone the next, with having no preexisting conditions, which would have caused his death. No matter what is said about that horrible moment, that death had to be painful and frightening. Hopefully it didn't last long.

Then you have someone like, Tim Kelly(35) of Slaughter, who was killed by 18 wheeler, whose vehicle crossed the median late at night on some indiscriminate two lane highway in Arizona.

...or you have someone like Criss Oliva (30), who was killed by a drunk driver, who had seven prior convictions and who also crossed the median and hit Criss and his wife.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history?   In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 10:33 am

Dime's assassination and the Great White club fire. Both so tragic and unavoidable. Both hit me harder than usual because both situations were easily ones I could have been part of in some bizarre parallel universe.

Lemmy's passing saddened me greatly, but with his declining health, I had more time to process and accept it. Dio too.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history?   In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 10:39 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Dime's assassination and the Great White club fire. Both so tragic and unavoidable. Both hit me harder than usual because both situations were easily ones I could have been part of in some bizarre parallel universe.

Lemmy's passing saddened me greatly, but with his declining health, I had more time to process and accept it. Dio too.

Yes, with everything you just said and one would hope that both gentlemen, in that of DIO and Lemmy reached out to everyone before they left this earth...
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history?   In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 11:28 am

Chris Oliva dies in a car crash. Vicious Rumors record the song Thunder and Rain as a tribute to him. Year later Carl Albert dies in a car accident.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history?   In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 11:35 am

Witchfinder wrote:

What about Lulu? lol!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history?   In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 11:38 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Dime's murder and the Great White club fire were very sad moments as well. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history?   In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 12:24 pm

nevermore wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

What about Lulu? lol!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history?   In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 12:54 pm

Lari wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

They don't play metal, despite the name, so it can't really count as an "event in metal". They play rockabilly or pop-rock, just have a funny name.
Pffff well then neither does Lemmy dying, because as he always said, "we are Motorhead, and we play rock n roll".
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history?   In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 2:33 pm

All kidding aside, I would say the saddest event for me was the death of Ronnie James Dio. That really bummed me out. Lemmy and Dime passing were also bummers. I was 18 when Cliff Burton was killed so it didn't have much of an impact on me.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history?   In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 2:37 pm

There's more than a few... and some happened long before I was into metal.

Dime getting murdered, the Randy Rhoads plane crash, Cliff Burton's bus accident, Criss Oliva's car crash.

Also, Jeff Hanneman and Dio. I don't think Lemmy's passing was as tragic... it's amazing he made it to 70 living the way he did.

Last edited by Troublezone on Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history?   In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 5:39 pm

Musicians dying - never bothered me. That's a part of being a rocker, really.
For me, it's when a band loses a musician...or calls it quits. Dokken comes to mind.
Judah Priest with a new singer. Even Poison losing C.C.
Or if a band puts out a horrible release...KISS were masters of that.
I only been to one bad concert...Adam Bomb...very late for show, then horribly loud!
Etc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history?   In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In your opinion - what is the saddest event in metal history?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next