Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Board To Death - RIP Forums

Go down 
+25
mikeinfla
Mac & Cheese
Addy
MetalGuy71
martinsane
exact33
Stender
manny
Lari
Thrasher73
Wrecked Neck
mc666
nevermore
muckie
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
Troublezone
Boris2008
Thelemech
Dark Horseman
Fat Freddy
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Wurthless
Witchfinder
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Board To Death - RIP Forums - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Board To Death - RIP Forums   Board To Death - RIP Forums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 08, 2017 3:55 pm

Years ago we were planning a HoM meet-up...but it sort of faded away...
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Board To Death - RIP Forums   Board To Death - RIP Forums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 9:37 am

I only come here and Rock Island , but the forums medium has been in decline for years.

I post here and there, as I have little in common in music with most of you's but thats nothing new for me , Rock Island I hang for the conversation, its light hearted and fun.
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Mac & Cheese
Metal novice
Metal novice
Mac & Cheese

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: Board To Death - RIP Forums   Board To Death - RIP Forums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 6:02 pm

I post occasionally at Ultimate Metal Forums and also the Sanctuary International Matrix. There's pros and cons to forums vs Facebook but yeah I'm afraid these are a dying breed. Kinda going the route of Metal print magazines. But I'll hang around as long as it's here
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Board To Death - RIP Forums   Board To Death - RIP Forums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 6:31 pm

to be honest these forums could use a native iOs and Android app. I think the number of folks who continue to use web or mobile web are declining.

mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Board To Death - RIP Forums   Board To Death - RIP Forums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2017 7:13 am

I signed on to my first forum around 1984. Yep, a LONG time ago. It was a Commodore 64 forum and only one person at a time could log on because it was dial-up. No need to quit browsing them now. There are several I frequent, some music, some not. As stated earlier the most active one I have ever seen is the Steve Hoffman forums. When you post something new and no one replies it's buried 5 pages deep in 10 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Board To Death - RIP Forums   Board To Death - RIP Forums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2017 8:14 am

mikeinfla wrote:
I signed on to my first forum around 1984. Yep, a LONG time ago. It was a Commodore 64 forum and only one person at a time could log on because it was dial-up. No need to quit browsing them now. There are several I frequent, some music, some not. As stated earlier the most active one I have ever seen is the Steve Hoffman forums. When you post something new and no one replies it's buried 5 pages deep in 10 minutes.

Must have cost ya a pretty penny back then. I had a Commodore and used to connect to this thing called Q-link it had free areas and pay areas. Some of my all time fav games were played on the Commodore

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Board To Death - RIP Forums   Board To Death - RIP Forums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2017 2:02 pm

I remember Q-Link, never did it myself but my friend would hack in with MCI codes and get it for free. I was too afraid of getting busted. Q-Link eventually changed into AOL.
Back to top Go down
zianide
Metal novice
Metal novice
zianide

Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Board To Death - RIP Forums   Board To Death - RIP Forums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2017 7:43 pm

I don't post on boards as much as I use to. Part of it to do with being so busy with my physically demanding job and family, don't have it in me to "discuss." But I still lurk, don't think I gave up cuz I ain't talking. This board seems laid back but I am not into some of the bands regulars post about. Thing is, i am on several forums to kick back and relax after hard day's work.

About the decline part, it's just normal don't get upset (activity always picks up again). Be glad this place even gets posts, last I heard Thrash unlimited shut down cuz nobody was talkin there anymore, admin stopped caring too. I wouldn't blame it on Facebook though, or Twitter.
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: Board To Death - RIP Forums   Board To Death - RIP Forums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 7:12 am

Message boards have been dying since 2006. First it was "Myspace will replace them!", then it was "Facebook will replace them!", then Twitter, Facebook and Twitter...they will never die and will always be here because people need them. Reddit isn't a replacement because in the end, with the up and downvote it's just another popularity contest and circle-jerk infested by trolls.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Board To Death - RIP Forums   Board To Death - RIP Forums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 9:18 am

mikeinfla wrote:
I remember Q-Link, never did it myself but my friend would hack in with MCI codes and get it for free. I was too afraid of getting busted. Q-Link eventually changed into AOL.

I always stayed in the free areas which I dont even remember to be honest what i did I was about 10 so it was prob school report related stuff , I miss some of those C64 games, Autoduel, Zork. Zak McCracken, Maniac Mansion
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Board To Death - RIP Forums   Board To Death - RIP Forums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 2:03 pm

Addy wrote:
mikeinfla wrote:

Play some here!

http://www.classiconlinegames.nl/commodore-64/

http://www.superretro.net/system/commodore-64/

I always stayed in the free areas which I dont even remember to be honest what i did I was about 10 so it was prob school report related stuff , I miss some of those C64 games, Autoduel, Zork. Zak McCracken, Maniac Mansion
Back to top Go down
Mac & Cheese
Metal novice
Metal novice
Mac & Cheese

PostSubject: Re: Board To Death - RIP Forums   Board To Death - RIP Forums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 9:17 pm

The new social network thing that kids are doing today is Aminos. I checked out a few of the Metal Aminos but felt lost in there
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Board To Death - RIP Forums   Board To Death - RIP Forums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 9:03 am

mikeinfla wrote:
Addy wrote:
mikeinfla wrote:

Play some here!

http://www.classiconlinegames.nl/commodore-64/

http://www.superretro.net/system/commodore-64/

I always stayed in the free areas which I dont even remember to be honest what i did I was about 10 so it was prob school report related stuff , I miss some of those C64 games, Autoduel,  Zork. Zak McCracken, Maniac Mansion

I shall scope this out, my brother years ago found me a PC remake of Autoduel but to play it now I have to use a VM box to put XP on so I can play it but man oh man I love that game. I also have Zak and Maniac Manson for the PC too but im sure by going through those sites theres games i forgot bout. LIke Jumpman, Blue Max, California Games, The Halley Project....
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Board To Death - RIP Forums   Board To Death - RIP Forums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 9:03 am

Mac & Cheese wrote:
The new social network thing that kids are doing today is Aminos. I checked out a few of the Metal Aminos but felt lost in there

Whats an Aminos?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Board To Death - RIP Forums   Board To Death - RIP Forums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 9:52 am

Addy wrote:
Mac & Cheese wrote:

Whats an Aminos?

surprised
https://www.bing.com/search?q=Aminos&PC=U316&FORM=CHROMN

Metal novice
Metal novice
Mac & Cheese

PostSubject: Re: Board To Death - RIP Forums   Board To Death - RIP Forums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 10:41 pm

http://aminoapps.com/c/metal

It's a new kind of social networking thing
Back to top Go down
HeavyThrashhead
Metal student
Metal student
HeavyThrashhead

Number of posts : 214

PostSubject: Re: Board To Death - RIP Forums   Board To Death - RIP Forums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2017 11:27 pm

RIP to this forum. why i say that?....is cause every time i visit this forum i see that the members are more and more bitter and violent. when did this forum become so bitter?...but i'm also seeing even more hypocrisy.

for example. how come a thread that insights murder of minors gets canned immediately. but a political thread that insights blowing up a members home state gets canned within' weeks and is left spanned to about 4 goddamn pages. how is that correct?. even when i joined here last year i saw members making misogynistic remarks, but that was seen as just ok. also members just having conversations about the origins of the Swastika (even though i had made a thread that where i do bring up that subject. but that thread did not even get posted and was canned in no time) is apparently alright?. i don't see how stuff like this gets passed the green light. even some of the already violent threats are left here...but are only just locked....why in the hell was these threads not deleted?...yet some other threads get deleted? is beyond me.

people may have gotten upset over the trolls coming here making dumb posts. but i don't ever recall people like Heavy Metal Gamer, Painkiller and so on ever making murderous threats on other members. that's a line that was never crossed. i'd rather have dumb comedy central like roast remarks than butt hurt like violent threats. that's a line that should never be crossed. but yet it's now already been crossed and it's very sad.

glad i don't come here very often. it's just as bad as watching Fox News, CNN, MSNBC and One America News. it's all depressing. i just focus on my YouTube channel and other stuff that makes me feel joyful and makes me forget all the depressing things that happen on this earth. i wish more people would just get along and have great times and not feeling bitter every time.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Board To Death - RIP Forums   Board To Death - RIP Forums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 12:38 am

HeavyThrashhead wrote:
RIP to this forum. why i say that?....is cause every time i visit this forum i see that the members are more and more bitter and violent. when did this forum become so bitter?...but i'm also seeing even more hypocrisy.

for example. how come a thread that insights murder of minors gets canned immediately. but a political thread that insights blowing up a members home state gets canned within' weeks and is left spanned to about 4 goddamn pages. how is that correct?. even when i joined here last year i saw members making misogynistic remarks, but that was seen as just ok. also members just having conversations about the origins of the Swastika (even though i had made a thread that where i do bring up that subject. but that thread did not even get posted and was canned in no time) is apparently alright?. i don't see how stuff like this gets passed the green light. even some of the already violent threats are left here...but are only just locked....why in the hell was these threads not deleted?...yet some other threads get deleted? is beyond me.

people may have gotten upset over the trolls coming here making dumb posts. but i don't ever recall people like Heavy Metal Gamer, Painkiller and so on ever making murderous threats on other members. that's a line that was never crossed. i'd rather have dumb comedy central like roast remarks than butt hurt like violent threats. that's a line that should never be crossed. but yet it's now already been crossed and it's very sad.

glad i don't come here very often. it's just as bad as watching Fox News, CNN, MSNBC and One America News. it's all depressing. i just focus on my YouTube channel and other stuff that makes me feel joyful and makes me forget all the depressing things that happen on this earth. i wish more people would just get along and have great times and not feeling bitter every time.
Board To Death - RIP Forums - Page 2 647664
HMG threatened me a few times on your forum. Your MOD, sorry can't remember his name ATM, constantly threatened people left and right till I made a big deal about it and blew up your precious forums. Still waiting on a thank you for taming that beast. If not for me he would still be acting like a condescending rude little punk. How's he doing BTW? After we had our arguments, and he calmed down with the constant insults, I rather liked him. Hell, he's about the only one I miss over there. Well I miss all the good laughs I got for reading some ignorant stuff like your post above. WTH was that mod's name? Driving me nuts now. He was the one from Australia.

Anywho, this forum is run by a much more fair group of moderators than anything your lord and master could ever do. They don't ban people left and right because someone doesn't like something they said. Or if a member disagrees with musical taste of another mod, we don't get a 3 day suspension either. Do you even know why I got banned for the final time? It was because I made a joke about PK's band of the week. I mentioned it in a toruture your ears thread or whatever it was called, and next thing I know I'm banned. I'm sure he'll say BS about that, but it's the truth.

But what do I care, your forums are a joke. Good riddance to you and yours. Hope you stay gone for good this time.
Back to top Go down
HeavyThrashhead
Metal student
Metal student
HeavyThrashhead

PostSubject: Re: Board To Death - RIP Forums   Board To Death - RIP Forums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 12:52 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
HeavyThrashhead wrote:

Board To Death - RIP Forums - Page 2 647664
HMG threatened me a few times on your forum. Your MOD, sorry can't remember his name ATM, constantly threatened people left and right till I made a big deal about it and blew up your precious forums. Still waiting on a thank you for taming that beast. If not for me he would still be acting like a condescending rude little punk. How's he doing BTW? After we had our arguments, and he calmed down with the constant insults, I rather liked him. Hell, he's about the only one I miss over there. Well I miss all the good laughs I got for reading some ignorant stuff like your post above. WTH was that mod's name? Driving me nuts now. He was the one from Australia.

Anywho, this forum is run by a much more fair group of moderators than anything your lord and master could ever do. They don't ban people left and right because someone doesn't like something they said. Or if a member disagrees with musical taste of another mod, we don't get a 3 day suspension either. Do you even know why I got banned for the final time? It was because I made a joke about PK's band of the week. I mentioned it in a toruture your ears thread or whatever it was called, and next thing I know I'm banned. I'm sure he'll say BS about that, but it's the truth.

But what do I care, your forums are a joke. Good riddance to you and yours. Hope you stay gone for good this time.

dude. i don't ever recall HMG threatening you. i saw his posts and they were just little arguments. no threats about wanting to kill you. your overreacting a bit. even as hostile Vagabond was. there never were violent threats towards you. it was just little dumb arguments nobody should even care about. your mistaking a lot. and i ain't even defending a lot of the forum. there are some people there that are way worse than Heavy Metal Gamer and Vagabond. even Vagabond has changed.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Board To Death - RIP Forums   Board To Death - RIP Forums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 12:57 am

I know he's changed, thanks to me calling him out on his BS, and your lord and master finally doing his job and putting a leash on him. I never said HMG threatened to KILL me either, but he got hostile all the same, and might as well have. And no, I'm not overreacting, because that would require me to care, which I don't. Have a nice life, and begone. K thx bye!
Back to top Go down
HeavyThrashhead
Metal student
Metal student
HeavyThrashhead

PostSubject: Re: Board To Death - RIP Forums   Board To Death - RIP Forums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 1:03 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
I know he's changed, thanks to me calling him out on his BS, and your lord and master finally doing his job and putting a leash on him. I never said HMG threatened to KILL me either, but he got hostile all the same, and might as well have. And no, I'm not overreacting, because that would require me to care, which I don't. Have a nice life, and begone. K thx bye!

dude. Insults and Threats are not really the same thing pal. i'm talking about Threats. f*cking Hostile like Threats. not lame insults that pissed you off. and if anyone knows on what i mean about you confusing "insults" with threats?...just read this thread here.

http://forcesofsteel.com/forums/thread-best-albums-of-2014--1436?pid=10757#pid10757

yeah. Threats people. threats. thanks for derailing my point for your ego and personal vendetta against me.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Board To Death - RIP Forums   Board To Death - RIP Forums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 1:27 am

HeavyThrashhead wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

dude. Insults and Threats are not really the same thing pal. i'm talking about Threats. f*cking Hostile like Threats. not lame insults that pissed you off. and if anyone knows on what i mean about you confusing "insults" with threats?...just read this thread here.

http://forcesofsteel.com/forums/thread-best-albums-of-2014--1436?pid=10757#pid10757

yeah. Threats people. threats. thanks for derailing my point for your ego and personal vendetta against me.
Derailing your point? I'm sorry princess, I couldn't decipher your point through all that gibberish you typed. You do make more sense than Sam, but not much more.

I have no vendetta against you though. I feel sorry for you more than anything. It's sad that you'll never know the love of a woman. Well a woman not named mommy. To never know what it's like to hold and love a real live breathing female. Or male if that's how you swing. Yes, I'm sad for you and honestly wish nothing but the best for you.

That being said, can you now kindly do what you said you were going to do and leave? Buy bye now, take care, and forget to write.

Piece
Back to top Go down
Black Satan 666
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: Board To Death - RIP Forums   Board To Death - RIP Forums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 1:39 am

Wow salty much? I'm pretty sure personal attack against other user would not end so well. If you did that shit in real life, you would of been got in the hospital bed.
Back to top Go down
Black Satan 666
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: Board To Death - RIP Forums   Board To Death - RIP Forums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 1:41 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
HeavyThrashhead wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

Derailing your point? I'm sorry princess, I couldn't decipher your point through all that gibberish you typed. You do make more sense than Sam, but not much more.

I have no vendetta against you though. I feel sorry for you more than anything. It's sad that you'll never know the love of a woman. Well a woman not named mommy. To never know what it's like to hold and love a real live breathing female. Or male if that's how you swing. Yes, I'm sad for you and honestly wish nothing but the best for you.

That being said, can you now kindly do what you said you were going to do and leave? Buy bye now, take care, and forget to write.

Piece

Board To Death - RIP Forums - Page 2 FallaciesPoster
Back to top Go down
HeavyThrashhead
Metal student
Metal student
HeavyThrashhead

PostSubject: Re: Board To Death - RIP Forums   Board To Death - RIP Forums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 1:42 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
HeavyThrashhead wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

Piece

hey keep going. you say that you have a life and a woman. i think it's better for you to go back to that. cause i'd wish you at least stayed out of this. cause i wanted the horses head to chime in on my post (which i clearly made sense in) and not the horses ass. my post was not even pointed at you. yet you took the time to go after me.

why a person like you would even defend the mods here is beyond me. you attack my mods but defend yours when yours are leaving up way more uglier remarks towards others. locking a thread is not doing yourself good. your still leaving that up so the public can still read. hell. they are clearly making it possible for the FBI to come in and have a field day.

since we are living in a time where goverment officials are getting upset over the threats and plays depicting the assassination of Donald Trump. they will sure have a panic attack in the Trump made thread here and especially the thread where someone insights violence against minors. how can you defend that and say this forum is any better. i don't. do you care to explain are you just gonna keep dancing around me and just hope someone to get rid of me. which if you really did. you should had just kept your mouth shut. that's as hostile i'm gonna get. i don't like threatening murder.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Board To Death - RIP Forums   Board To Death - RIP Forums - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Board To Death - RIP Forums
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next