Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Skyclad - Forward Into the Past

Go down 
+3
tohostudios
Eyesore
Lari
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

Skyclad - Forward Into the Past Empty
PostSubject: Skyclad - Forward Into the Past   Skyclad - Forward Into the Past Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 5:44 am

New Skyclad studio album!

Release date 28th April

Skyclad - Forward Into the Past Skyclad-Covermailing

http://www.skyclad.band/forward-into-the-past/

Tracklist:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Skyclad - Forward Into the Past   Skyclad - Forward Into the Past Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 12:20 pm

Nice!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Skyclad - Forward Into the Past   Skyclad - Forward Into the Past Icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2017 1:32 pm

Not to overanalyze the album cover, but I like it a lot. Classic earthy Skyclad cover like Jonah's Ark (or History Lessens), and with the old logo too.

I don't see no obvious puns in the song titles, unless I'm missing something. Should we be worried?

I hope it's better than In the All Together, but either way I'm sure I'll enjoy it. Skyclad have made their way into my top 10 bands of all time.

While waiting for the album, you can check my Skyclad Album Ranking thingy I did for Rateyourmusic.com by clicking here.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Skyclad - Forward Into the Past   Skyclad - Forward Into the Past Icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2017 2:33 pm

I don't have the last EP, Jig-a-Jig, or In the...All Together, but everything about this one, even the title, suggests an old school style. But who knows? Guess we'll find out. =)
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Skyclad - Forward Into the Past   Skyclad - Forward Into the Past Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 6:09 am

A review is out.

http://www.folk-metal.nl/2017/02/skyclad-forward-into-the-past/

9.5/10
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Skyclad - Forward Into the Past   Skyclad - Forward Into the Past Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 2:14 pm

That review doesn't say much, huh?
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Skyclad - Forward Into the Past   Skyclad - Forward Into the Past Icon_minitimeTue May 09, 2017 2:58 pm

I was originally expecting this to arrive already a week and a half ago, but somehow the shop I pre-ordered the CD from has pushed the date back to May 19th.

Did anyone else get this already?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Skyclad - Forward Into the Past   Skyclad - Forward Into the Past Icon_minitimeTue May 09, 2017 6:36 pm

Amazon lists the release date for this as June 16. It also lists the album as an "import" so that may just be the domestic release date.

Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Skyclad - Forward Into the Past   Skyclad - Forward Into the Past Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 12:20 pm

LOL I still haven't received my copy. And I pre-ordered! "Technical problems" the online store said. But apparently it's now shipped.

Anyone listen to this yet?
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Skyclad - Forward Into the Past   Skyclad - Forward Into the Past Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2020 9:01 am

Best song on the album.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Skyclad - Forward Into the Past   Skyclad - Forward Into the Past Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2020 6:15 pm

This band is just hit or miss for me. But when they "hit" they really hit. I like that track above a lot; I'm always a sucker for the old "start mellow then go balls out" song.

Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Skyclad - Forward Into the Past   Skyclad - Forward Into the Past Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2020 2:41 pm

The other videos for this album:

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Skyclad - Forward Into the Past   Skyclad - Forward Into the Past Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2020 3:33 pm

I only own Prince Of The Poverty Line, which I haven't listened to in years i guess.

It's one of those bands i never really got into, mainly because of the folk label that i am not really a fan of.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Skyclad - Forward Into the Past   Skyclad - Forward Into the Past Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2020 3:49 pm

Gilbert wrote:
I only own Prince Of The Poverty Line, which I haven't listened to in years i guess.

It's one of those bands i never really got into, mainly because of the folk label that i am not really a fan of.
Prince of the Poverty Line is a gem! Absolutely one of the best metal records ever made. Every song is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Skyclad - Forward Into the Past   Skyclad - Forward Into the Past Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2020 4:15 pm

Lari wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Prince of the Poverty Line is a gem! Absolutely one of the best metal records ever made. Every song is awesome.

Will give it a fresh spin on my way to work tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Skyclad - Forward Into the Past   Skyclad - Forward Into the Past Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2020 6:13 pm

Gilbert wrote:

If you like thrash, you HAVE to try Skyclad's first two albums, The Wayward Sons of Mother Earth and A Burnt Offering for the Bone Idol
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Skyclad - Forward Into the Past   Skyclad - Forward Into the Past Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2020 7:52 pm

Lari wrote:
The other videos for this album:

See? That's exactly what I meant by my previous post. Neither one of those tracks does much for me. That's exactly how this band always is for me; half their songs really resonate with me and half don't do a thing for me.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Skyclad - Forward Into the Past   Skyclad - Forward Into the Past Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2020 8:15 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

If you like thrash, you HAVE to try Skyclad's first two albums,  The Wayward Sons of Mother Earth and A Burnt Offering for the Bone Idol
I love those albums, but sadly they are the only two Skyclad albums I own. Really should continue my journey with this band.
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Skyclad - Forward Into the Past   Skyclad - Forward Into the Past Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2020 11:14 pm

tohostudios wrote:
See?  That's exactly what I meant by my previous post.  Neither one of those tracks does much for me.  That's exactly how this band always is for me; half their songs really resonate with me and half don't do a thing for me.

That's how it is with most folk metal bands for me. When they work they sound awesome, but they're often just as likely to sound pedestrian. I've found Skyclad to be one of the more consistent folk metal bands, but even they fall flat at times, although Martin Walkyier's lyrics have sometimes been the saving grace for what might have otherwise been a so-so song.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Skyclad - Forward Into the Past   Skyclad - Forward Into the Past Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2020 11:29 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

If you like thrash, you HAVE to try Skyclad's first two albums,  The Wayward Sons of Mother Earth and A Burnt Offering for the Bone Idol

Now that's interesting. Will check some samples on YouTube.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Skyclad - Forward Into the Past   Skyclad - Forward Into the Past Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2020 12:00 am

Gilbert wrote:
SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Here ya go. Track one from The Wayward Sons of Mother Earth, The Sky Beneath my Feet:

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Skyclad - Forward Into the Past   Skyclad - Forward Into the Past Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2020 12:59 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Here ya go.  Track one from The Wayward Sons of Mother Earth, The Sky Beneath my Feet:

Awesome stuff. Thanks for posting headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Skyclad - Forward Into the Past   Skyclad - Forward Into the Past Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2020 4:43 am

My Skyclad collection:

Skyclad - Forward Into the Past 6662713

A Burnt Offering for the Bone Idol is signed by the band.

I've seen them live three times.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Skyclad - Forward Into the Past   Skyclad - Forward Into the Past Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2020 5:20 am

Awesome stuff Lari. I am more and more curious about this band now.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Skyclad - Forward Into the Past   Skyclad - Forward Into the Past Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2020 12:15 pm

You could get the new Noise records 2CD compilation that's readily available. Bellyful of Emptiness. It has 33 tracks, all off the first 5 records, which are their best anyway.

Though I love A Semblance of Normality. And Folkemon. Actually, who am I kidding, I love all their material.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skyclad - Forward Into the Past   Skyclad - Forward Into the Past Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skyclad - Forward Into the Past
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next