Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Suggestions for selling CDs--ALL OF THEM

Go down 
+13
martinsane
Boris2008
Thelemech
Eyesore
tohostudios
scottmitchell74
exact33
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
Stender
Lari
corplhicks
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Suggestions for selling CDs--ALL OF THEM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for selling CDs--ALL OF THEM   Suggestions for selling CDs--ALL OF THEM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 12:39 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Stender wrote:
Lari wrote:
CDs don't move as fast as they used to.

I dunno if I agree. They just don't move at the prices they once did. Metal collectors still want CD and vinyl, even cassette.

Agreed. You have have to know WHAT you're selling and WHO your target audience is.

I just sold off my copy of At War's Retaliatory Strike for $67.60 on ebay. Kind of a fluke in this day and age, but it goes to show there are still people willing to pay out if they want it bad enough.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

Number of posts : 349

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for selling CDs--ALL OF THEM   Suggestions for selling CDs--ALL OF THEM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 3:23 pm

Didn't DallasBlack sell off his collection here some time back? Do what you will but I'd rather buy CDs from someone here than FYE, Amazon, or some random dude on ebay.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for selling CDs--ALL OF THEM   Suggestions for selling CDs--ALL OF THEM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2017 1:00 pm

After entering most of my collection on discogs, I'd never sell anything until I did some research on each CD. I found somewhere many rare ones that I figured would just be the regular 5 dollar CD if I got lucky. My master of Puppets CD for some reason has sold for over a hundred bucks on discogs, and my killing is my business has sold for around seventy if memory serves. Tons of others I found were selling or sold for fifty or close to it. These aren't some import CD or anything, just your everyday run of the mill cds I bought when they came out.

You can always sell the generic ones in bulk, but pull out the rare ones and sell them individually. That's what I plan on doing if I ever sell mine off.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for selling CDs--ALL OF THEM   Suggestions for selling CDs--ALL OF THEM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2017 1:02 pm

Come 2018 I am going to do my cd sell-off. Getting my list updated over the break.

Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for selling CDs--ALL OF THEM   Suggestions for selling CDs--ALL OF THEM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2017 1:01 pm

exact33 wrote:
Come 2018 I am going to do my cd sell-off. Getting my list updated over the break.

I can add you to my Facebook CD selling group, if you like. We're all Metal and Melodic Hard Rock guys in there...

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for selling CDs--ALL OF THEM   Suggestions for selling CDs--ALL OF THEM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2017 6:10 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
After entering most of my collection on discogs, I'd never sell anything until I did some research on each CD. I found somewhere many rare ones that I figured would just be the regular 5 dollar CD if I got lucky. My master of Puppets CD for some reason has sold for over a hundred bucks on discogs, and my killing is my business has sold for around seventy if memory serves. Tons of others I found were selling or sold for fifty or close to it. These aren't some import CD or anything, just your everyday run of the mill cds I bought when they came out.

You can always sell the generic ones in bulk, but pull out the rare ones and sell them individually. That's what I plan on doing if I ever sell mine off.

Yeah I've discovered the same thing the hard way. I sold someone here a Running Wild CD that I didn't want for a pittance only to find out later the thing goes for insane amounts of money. So now I always check various web sites before I sell anything. I think I've got around 100 CDs in my collection that go for $25 or more that I thought would be lucky to garner $5.

So I second what Wrecked says; check all your CDs out before doing a massive selloff because you may have some gems in there that you don't even know about.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for selling CDs--ALL OF THEM   Suggestions for selling CDs--ALL OF THEM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 9:59 am

exact33 wrote:

Are you selling off all the new stuff you've been buying?

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for selling CDs--ALL OF THEM   Suggestions for selling CDs--ALL OF THEM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 11:29 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Are you selling off all the new stuff you've been buying?

I was wondering the same thing. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for selling CDs--ALL OF THEM   Suggestions for selling CDs--ALL OF THEM - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for selling CDs--ALL OF THEM
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2