Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017

Go down 
+12
exact33
glassprison
Witchfinder
mikeinfla
Lari
martinsane
scottmitchell74
nevermore
Required Fields
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 33 ... 44  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017 - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 23, 2017 9:34 pm

Watching the Pirates vs Cardinals.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2017 12:05 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Watching the Pirates vs Cardinals.

Watched that too. I fully expected the Pirates bullpen to blow it in the bottom of the 9th.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2017 12:38 pm

I fully expected the Cardinal bullpen to blow it...and they did. If it wasn't for Washington the Cardinals would have the worst BP in baseball. I've lost count of how many games we've lost from the 7th inning on.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2017 12:55 pm

Wow. That bullpen stat amazes me. I thought for sure the Pirates bullpen would be 1 or 2.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2017 9:08 pm

See what I mean?

Bullpen comes in with STL already trailing 5-1 with bases loaded and two outs. What does the reliever do? He promptly hits two consecutive guys! Holy crap we suck. Screw this, I'm watching Bellator MMA.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2017 6:00 pm

Yeah that was rough. But they'll turn it around. They're the Cardinals,that's what they do. My Pirates will flounder the rest of the way.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2017 6:07 pm

I think the Cardinals will actually be sellers at the trade deadline.  

Lance Lynn, Trevor Rosenthal and several others are set to be free agents.  I hope management explores the market to see what level of interest there is because this season is a bust.  Let's see what kind of offensive prospects we can get and bring up some kids from the minors to see what we already have in-house.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2017 6:36 pm

USA Track and Field Championships. NBC's broadcast is crap, but I guess that's the best I'll get in the US.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2017 9:21 pm

Watching the Cardinals stink it up again against the Pirates.

I was supposed to be at this game. My friend's wife won tickets behind the first base dugout. But then stupid ESPN had to make it a night game so I couldn't go because I have to give Tux his evening insulin dose at 6pm and the game started at 7:05. It's a shame because 4 of us guys from work had planned to go early so we could scope out Ballpark Village and all the other stuff in and around Busch Stadium 3 because none of us have ever seen all that. That would have been fun. Just another reason for me to dislike ESPN.

Last edited by tohostudios on Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2017 9:51 pm

tohostudios wrote:

I have it on too.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2017 9:53 pm

007 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I have it on too.

See my edit to my previous post. Dammit. I was sort of hoping this game would be a blowout.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2017 9:56 pm

Too bad. That would have been a great time. And you get to see Kuhl pitch for the Pirates, the new Jeff Locke. We can always count on him to kill a win streak.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2017 10:11 pm

So now it's a tie game. You know what that means: Bring on the parade of Cardinal loser bullpen guys.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 1:58 am

Watched my D-Backs walk it off in the eleventh today. Now if only the Dodgers would start losing, we could gain some ground. Really not fair. My team is off to once one of the hottest starts of the franchise and two other teams in the division are off to the same sort of starts. I hate and love baseball sometimes lol
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 6:27 am

tohostudios wrote:
So now it's a tie game.  You know what that means:  Bring on the parade of Cardinal loser bullpen guys.  

Nah, the Pirates got to bumble their way to the loss.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 8:58 pm

I told you the Nationals bullpen sucked:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nationals-fans-obituary-blames-bullpen-blowing-yet-another-lead-014715602.html

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 27, 2017 10:04 am

tohostudios wrote:

I was supposed to be at this game.  My friend's wife won tickets behind the first base dugout.  But then stupid ESPN had to make it a night game so I couldn't go because I have to give Tux his evening insulin dose at 6pm and the game started at 7:05.  It's a shame because 4 of us guys from work had planned to go early so we could scope out Ballpark Village and all the other stuff in and around Busch Stadium 3 because none of us have ever seen all that.  That would have been fun. Just another reason for me to dislike ESPN.

Toho - do/did you watch The Office? In no other way do you remind me of Angela Martin but this: She had lots of cats, and often had to rearrange her life to attend to their diabetes.

Sorry you had to miss that game. I never realized cats had such an issue with diabetes. How old is Tux?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 27, 2017 10:14 am

tohostudios wrote:
I told you the Nationals bullpen sucked:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nationals-fans-obituary-blames-bullpen-blowing-yet-another-lead-014715602.html

How can they have such a record with an awful bullpen ? Amazing.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 27, 2017 12:58 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Hopefully this will read Diamondbacks instead of Pirates later tonight. lol!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 27, 2017 6:15 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Hopefully this will read Diamondbacks instead of Pirates  later tonight. lol!

It might.  The Cardinals are without several regulars like Fowler and Wong.  But if STL is going to win a game in this series it should be this one because Carlos Martinez is starting tonight.  

But our bullpen is awful so unless Martinez goes at least 7 with a lead, this game (and probably the rest in the series) belongs to the Dbacks.

Last edited by tohostudios on Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 27, 2017 6:18 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I was supposed to be at this game.  My friend's wife won tickets behind the first base dugout.  But then stupid ESPN had to make it a night game so I couldn't go because I have to give Tux his evening insulin dose at 6pm and the game started at 7:05.  It's a shame because 4 of us guys from work had planned to go early so we could scope out Ballpark Village and all the other stuff in and around Busch Stadium 3 because none of us have ever seen all that.  That would have been fun. Just another reason for me to dislike ESPN.

Toho - do/did you watch The Office? In no other way do you remind me of Angela Martin but this: She had lots of cats, and often had to rearrange her life to attend to their diabetes.

Sorry you had to miss that game. I never realized cats had such an issue with diabetes. How old is Tux?

I never watched that show regularly but I've seen it. Tux is now 16 (I've had him since he was 10 weeks old) and he's been diabetic for about 2 1/2 years now. Diabetes/kidney failure is the number one killer of domestic cats. Given that Tux gets about 6 times the normal daily dose of insulin to keep his blood sugar levels out of the "dangerous" range my vet is amazed he's still here.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 28, 2017 3:54 am

tohostudios wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

It might.  The Cardinals are without several regulars like Fowler and Wong.  But if STL is going to win a game in this series it should be this one because Carlos Martinez is starting tonight.  

But our bullpen is awful so unless Martinez goes at least 7 with a lead, this game (and probably the rest in the series) belongs to the Dbacks.
Well you called that one. I didn't get to watch the whole game, but your starter looked really good. Your BP looks a lot like ours did for the past several years.

I remember going to a game once when they came up to play the mariners a few years ago. Guy next to me was nervous because we had a five run lead around the fifth inning. I told him not to worry, our BP will cough it up. Sure enough we lost and he thanked me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 28, 2017 10:16 am

Watched the Brewers and Reds last night.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 28, 2017 5:36 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Well you called that one. I didn't get to watch the whole game, but your starter looked really good. Your BP looks a lot like ours did for the past several years.

I remember going to a game once when they came up to play the mariners a few years ago. Guy next to me was nervous because we had a five run lead around the fifth inning. I told him not to worry, our BP will cough it up. Sure enough we lost and he thanked me. Very Happy

Tonight it's batting practice for the D-backs.  Wainwright is pitching.  He's lost it.  I really wish they'd move him back to the pen where he started over a decade ago and bring up Luke Weaver or some other kid in AAA.  Wainwright can be real effective for an inning or two but after that forget it.  His fastball isn't fast anymore and for some reason his notorious killer curveball is mostly flat this year.  And for God's sake STOP USING THE FREAKIN' CUTTER!!!  I hate that pitch; if you don't throw it exactly right it's a BP fastball and gets hit like one.

EDIT:  I was just checking the matchup for tonight and it says Arizona is 50-28.  I knew they were having a great season but I didn't realize they were that far over .500.  AZ, LA and Houston are the only teams in MLB with at least 50 wins. That's probably the biggest turnaround of a team from 2016 to 2017.  Of course last year the D-backs were totally snakebit (pun intended) by injuries but who saw this coming?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017 - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 29, 2017 3:42 am

Way to jinx my team by saying Wainwright was done lol We had him on the ropes a couple times, just couldn't get that knockout hit when we needed it. Oh well, at least the Dogturds and Rockies lost today so we didn't lose any ground.

And no, I never expected them to be anywhere near the top teams in baseball this year. I went into the season just hoping they finished at .500 or near it. We cleaned house in the front office, and added some small pieces, so not really sure where this came from, but I'll take it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017 - Page 23 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2017
Page 23 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 33 ... 44  Next