Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017

Go down 
+22
corplhicks
Boris2008
Thelemech
Stender
akeldama
Witchfinder
Wurthless
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
glassprison
Required Fields
SideShowDisaSter
scottmitchell74
nevermore
Leatherface
James B.
exact33
Gilbert
tohostudios
manny
Fat Freddy
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 33 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 3:44 pm

Aliens

The girls and I are revisiting some franchises they don't remember or have never seen.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 27, 2017 2:59 pm

Season 5 of 'Orange Is The New Black'. They did a really good job of mixing comedy, drama, tragedy and a fair amount of uneasy creepiness into the season. Very good.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 28, 2017 11:39 pm

John Wick
John Wick 2

Holy body count, Batman!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 29, 2017 10:31 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
John Wick
John Wick 2

headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 01, 2017 8:19 am

Been slackin' on the movie watching lately... getting back into the groove with this semi classic P.O.S. Very Happy

"Omega Cop" (1990)

Zero budget action schlock starring martial artist Ron Marchini as the lone police officer in a post-apocalyptic "city" (which looks a lot like a deserted suburban industrial park on a Sunday afternoon). He protects a couple of girls with bad '80s hair from slave traders and kicks ass on an endless stream of random mulleted dudes who look like WWE rejects. That's it. This flick has no production values, no plot, no story, no redeeming values whatsoever.
Followed by a sequel, "Karate Cop," which I shall make sure to avoid like the plague.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39652

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 01, 2017 12:48 pm

Since the Pirates were bumbling again last night, I decided to watch an oldie from my youth that I haven't seen since then, 1963's Matango (aka Attack Of The Mushroom People).

A Toho produced film (and stars no less than 4 actors from Godzilla films), this one deals with a pleasure sailboat thrown off course and stranding it's passengers on a fog enshrouded island. As their food supply dwindles and tensions start to rise, they discover an almost endless supply of strange mushrooms. Needless to say, the passengers should not eat those mushrooms or they will find out you truly are what you eat. I found that this movie has held up over the years. Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 01, 2017 5:41 pm

"Apocalypse Now Redux" (1979/2001)

Believe it or not, this is the first time I've ever seen Francis Ford Coppola's sprawling Vietnam War epic - via the three-hour-and-fifteen-minute "director's cut" re-release, no less.

Martin Sheen is an Army captain on a top secret assignment to eliminate a former Special Forces colonel (Marlon Brando) who's taken over a portion of the Cambodian jungle and set himself up as a murderous Manson-type cult leader. The people he meets on his journey up river - and the atrocities he witnesses along the way - make up most of the story.

I've been told for years that this is one of the movies I need to see before I die, and now I see why. "A.N." is spooky, haunting, disturbing, beautifully photographed, and full of great performances and quotable bits. This 2001 extended version is at least a half hour longer than is really necessary but even so it's still great stuff.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 01, 2017 7:06 pm

I have yet to watch Apocalypse Now as well. I was burned out on all the Vietnam movies released back in that era so I never invested the time to catch it. It's on my one of these days list.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 01, 2017 8:47 pm

007 wrote:
I have yet to watch Apocalypse Now as well. I was burned out on all the Vietnam movies released back in that era so I never invested the time to catch it. It's on my one of these days list.

Count me among the "never have seen" it club as well.  I've read/heard so much about it though and I have my doubts that it would surpass my all-time favorite war movie "Full Metal Jacket". That's probably the main reason I've never seen Apocalypse Now; a case of "can't touch this" vis a vis FMJ.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 02, 2017 8:54 am

^^ I've actually never seen "Full Metal Jacket" either, now that you guys mention it. Maybe that should be next on my list...

On topic:

"The Matador" (2005)

A contract killer teetering on the edge of burn out (Pierce Brosnan) meets a dorky salesman (Greg Kinnear) in a Mexican hotel bar, and the two men strike up an odd friendship ...which ends up with Pierce needing Greg's help to finish one last job.
A well written, funny twist on the "buddy comedy" formula, with great performances by the two leads. Brosnan is definitely having a ball playing the total opposite of his usual super-suave type.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 02, 2017 12:16 pm

The Time Of Their Lives (1946)

Abbott and Costello flick with Lou and Marjorie Reynolds as Revolutionary War era ghosts haunting the estate in which they were killed. Bud Abbott plays a Revolutionary era adversary of Costello and his modern day descendant. Pretty standard affair,not a total time waster.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 02, 2017 3:24 pm

Star Trek
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 03, 2017 11:21 am

"We Are X" (2016)

Documentary about the long and sometimes bizarre/tragic history of Japanese rock legends X Japan, who are treated like Gods in their homeland but remain a mostly unknown quantity in the Western world. X Japan is one of those bands I've always heard much about though I don't think I ever actually heard any of their stuff till I watched this film. In spite of my near-total unfamiliarity with their material, this was an interesting rock doc.  If you're a fan of the band, you'll dig this even more than I did.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 03, 2017 7:16 pm

Supernatural
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 03, 2017 9:41 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"We Are X" (2016)

Documentary about the long and sometimes bizarre/tragic history of Japanese rock legends X Japan, who are treated like Gods in their homeland but remain a mostly unknown quantity in the Western world. X Japan is one of those bands I've always heard much about though I don't think I ever actually heard any of their stuff till I watched this film. In spite of my near-total unfamiliarity with their material, this was an interesting rock doc.  If you're a fan of the band, you'll dig this even more than I did.

Just read an interesting article on this guys on Classic Rock Magazine, never heard one note of their music but I am curious enough to check out the documentary.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 03, 2017 9:41 pm

A Most Violent Year
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 03, 2017 9:56 pm

Quote :
^^ I've actually never seen "Full Metal Jacket" either, now that you guys mention it. Maybe that should be next on my list...

I love FMJ. It's like two movies in one. Thanks to the performance of R. Lee Ermey I think the first half is hilarious. But the second half, while it still has some "comedic" moments, is much more serious. One of my all-time favorite movies.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 04, 2017 3:33 pm

"Iron Man" (2008)

After a near-fatal experience in a Middle East war zone, zillionaire genius Tony Stark returns home and creates a super-suit of armor that allows him to kick mucho bad guy butt. Robert Downey Jr. was the perfect guy to play Stark, he's got Tony's world-weary, smug prick vibe down pat. "Iron Man" kicked off the Marvel Cinematic Universe in fine style, and is still one of the best flicks in the MCU all these years later.

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 05, 2017 11:48 am

Becker
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18963

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 05, 2017 2:15 pm

Kolchak The Night Stalker
Smackdown
Criminal Minds
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 05, 2017 3:02 pm

Fear The Walking Dead
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 05, 2017 6:55 pm

Leatherface wrote:
Kolchak The Night Stalker

I love that show! I have the whole series on DVD and while it doesn't hold up very well a lot of the time the nostalgia factor is off the charts.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 10:08 pm

The New Gong Show
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2017 8:18 am

"Spider-Man" (1977)

Science dork Peter Parker is bitten by a radioactive spider during an experiment and gains its powers and abilities. Those skills come in handy because New York is being terrorized by a mysterious hypnotist who makes ordinary citizens commit crimes via mind control.

I hadn't seen this cheap-n-cheesy pilot movie for the short lived '70s Spidey TV series since I was a kid and it was, as I expected, entertainingly awful. No wonder the show didn't last long.

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2017 9:03 am

Kind of strange, considering I'm seeing the new Spider-Man movie this afternoon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 24 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017
Page 24 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 33 ... 42  Next