Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Phil Lewis & Tracii Guns Reunite

Go down 
+5
Troublezone
the sentinel
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Phil Lewis & Tracii Guns Reunite Empty
PostSubject: Phil Lewis & Tracii Guns Reunite   Phil Lewis & Tracii Guns Reunite Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2016 5:01 pm

In an interview with LA Weekly, it is indicated that L.A. Guns co-founder Tracii Guns will be returning to the band and will be recording a new L.A. Guns with former bandmate and singer Phil Lewis.

The following are excerpts from the LA Weekly article / interview:

“Since Guns‘ version of L.A. Guns disbanded in 2012, he and Lewis have gradually made amends. Last year, the two even performed a full set of L.A. Guns material in Las Vegas. That show paved the way for what’s best described as a gradual reunion, during which the pair have played periodic dates together (billed as “L.A. Guns‘ Phil Lewis and Tracii Guns”) around the tour schedule of the current incarnation of L.A. Guns, which Lewis continues to front.

Things will simplify in 2017, however, when Guns will officially rejoin the band he formed as a Fairfax High teenager. In addition, he and Lewis recently signed a new record deal and are currently working on an album, which will be supported by a world tour that begins with two shows at the Whisky a Go-Go in March. So the pair’s well-received Hair Nation performance provided not only a glimpse into the past, but also a preview of what’s to come.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Phil Lewis & Tracii Guns Reunite   Phil Lewis & Tracii Guns Reunite Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2016 5:39 pm

It's about friggin time.....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Phil Lewis & Tracii Guns Reunite   Phil Lewis & Tracii Guns Reunite Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2016 5:48 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
It's about friggin time.....

They wanna get in on that sweet Dokken/Japan reunion action. Razz

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Phil Lewis & Tracii Guns Reunite   Phil Lewis & Tracii Guns Reunite Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2016 10:36 pm

cool Lookin' forward to the reuinion. "Hollywood Forever" was awesome.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Phil Lewis & Tracii Guns Reunite   Phil Lewis & Tracii Guns Reunite Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2016 12:14 am

If they can recapture the sound they had for the first few records, I'm interested!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Phil Lewis & Tracii Guns Reunite   Phil Lewis & Tracii Guns Reunite Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2016 12:34 pm

This should be good. Looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Phil Lewis & Tracii Guns Reunite   Phil Lewis & Tracii Guns Reunite Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2016 9:28 pm

The way it should be.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Phil Lewis & Tracii Guns Reunite   Phil Lewis & Tracii Guns Reunite Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2016 11:06 am

I'd certainly be game for a new LA Guns album. They rarely disappoint.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Phil Lewis & Tracii Guns Reunite   Phil Lewis & Tracii Guns Reunite Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2016 11:11 am

I was right there in the beginning with these guys...
G-N-R was happening right about the same time period...
I knew about Phil Lewis prior as a singer for various bands....
and thought he was, perhaps, to old....but the WASP drummer had joined !
I loved their album logo...would even consider wearing that tee shirt -
Knew of Sweet Pain...how the bass player left that band...etc...
saw them in concert, very exciting in a 500 person standing room place -
Something about A LOT of their songs - that resonates with me.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Phil Lewis & Tracii Guns Reunite   Phil Lewis & Tracii Guns Reunite Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2016 11:23 am

That's cool. I didn't know 'Shoot for Thrills' was a cover. Gotta say though, this version doesn't quite have the UMPH! that the Guns put into it. Still neat though.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Phil Lewis & Tracii Guns Reunite   Phil Lewis & Tracii Guns Reunite Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 12:20 pm

Artwork for the new album, The Missing Peace, coming in October...
Phil Lewis & Tracii Guns Reunite Lagunsthemissingpeacecd
01. All The Same To Me
02. Speed
03. Drop Of Bleach
04. Sticky Fingerz
05. Christine
06. Baby Gotta Fever
07. Kill It Or Die
08. Knife To A Gun Fight
09. The Flood Is The Fault Of The Rain
10. The Devil Made Me Do It
11. The Missing Piece
12. Gave It All Away

Live performance of new song 'Speed'...

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Phil Lewis & Tracii Guns Reunite   Phil Lewis & Tracii Guns Reunite Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 5:24 pm

The new song definitely has the feel of something from the first album!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: Phil Lewis & Tracii Guns Reunite   Phil Lewis & Tracii Guns Reunite Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 9:23 pm

Sounds good!!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Phil Lewis & Tracii Guns Reunite   Phil Lewis & Tracii Guns Reunite Icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 10:21 am

Great song. I am in. This artwork sounds familiar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phil Lewis & Tracii Guns Reunite   Phil Lewis & Tracii Guns Reunite Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Phil Lewis & Tracii Guns Reunite
Page 1 of 1