Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ROUGH CUTT IS BACK....

Go down 
+12
nevermore
pdf0427
Witchfinder
Glower
mikeinfla
MetalGuy71
the sentinel
manny
corplhicks
Fat Freddy
brokentulsa
16 posters
AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

ROUGH CUTT IS BACK.... Empty
PostSubject: ROUGH CUTT IS BACK....   ROUGH CUTT IS BACK.... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 5:34 pm

Rough Cutt‘s singer Paul Shortino recently announced that the classic Rough Cutt line-up that played on the Warner Bros. released albums Rough Cutt (1984) and Wants You! also known as Rough Cutt Wants You! (1986) are reunited. hortino‘s recent message on his Facebook page states“Feels great playing with my Rough Cutt band mates, the original line up with Warner Bro’s. We had many magic moments! This is going to Rock! We asked the fans what you wanted to hear & that’s what we’re doing!"
Rough Cutt‘s Warner Bros. line-up consists of Shortino (lead vocals), Amir Derakh (guitar), Chris Hager (guitar), Matt Thorr (bass) and Dave Alford (drums, vocals).

ROUGH CUTT IS BACK.... Rough-Cutt-photo-e1471476511301
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: ROUGH CUTT IS BACK....   ROUGH CUTT IS BACK.... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 8:42 pm

(*crickets chirping*)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: ROUGH CUTT IS BACK....   ROUGH CUTT IS BACK.... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 9:27 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
(*crickets chirping*)

lol!

I actually really dug these guys in my teens but can't remember a single song of theirs.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: ROUGH CUTT IS BACK....   ROUGH CUTT IS BACK.... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 9:46 pm

I've never heard one song from these guys. They want to reunite, more power to them.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: ROUGH CUTT IS BACK....   ROUGH CUTT IS BACK.... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 9:50 pm

They were OK, but outside a few fans in L.A and die hard pop metal fans, I doubt this will attract much interest.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: ROUGH CUTT IS BACK....   ROUGH CUTT IS BACK.... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 9:55 pm

I like 'em. I play the first disc of their Anthology from Deadline/ Cleo a lot. Always like Shortino's voice. Anyone else get the joke about the guitarists name ( Amir Derakh ) - "I'm here to Rock"
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: ROUGH CUTT IS BACK....   ROUGH CUTT IS BACK.... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 10:49 pm

Let's hope this "triumphant return" goes better than Amir's last band...

http://www.cracked.com/article_24236_6-celebrities-who-tried-kickstarter-and-failed-hard.html

Scroll down to number 4 Laughing very hard

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: ROUGH CUTT IS BACK....   ROUGH CUTT IS BACK.... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 5:59 am

Vixen - $1,370 on Kickstarter, I am surprised they left that one out. I also have never heard anything by Rough Cutt, so here we go:

Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: ROUGH CUTT IS BACK....   ROUGH CUTT IS BACK.... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 6:40 am

I saw them open up for KISS on the s/t tour.
It was a great show. Like the band Black and Blue.
KISS was cool that way - always had a fun opening act.
Rough Cutt were managed by Wendy Dio, back in the day.
It was cool how Pearcy mentioned them in his RATT book.
Saw them in a crowded club, touring their 2nd release.
It was fun, but they were way better on a big stage setting.
Shortino's voice is one of a kind - you know him instantly.
The song " Prowler " was probably my favorite.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: ROUGH CUTT IS BACK....   ROUGH CUTT IS BACK.... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 6:45 am

Backers could get such rewards as free albums, T-shirts,
music lessons from members of the band,
or a date with one of them (and the accompanying awkward story to share on Facebook later). Anyone who ponied up a massive $20,000
would be credited as a producer on the album
and get a full day to hang out with the band.
The location wasn't specified, but we're guessing it was "the nearest Carl's Jr."

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: ROUGH CUTT IS BACK....   ROUGH CUTT IS BACK.... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 8:11 am

"Prowler" is a killer song. Surprised it never got an official release as I think only the demo version is out there on the Anthology set.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: ROUGH CUTT IS BACK....   ROUGH CUTT IS BACK.... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 8:25 am

Here's my favorite Rough Cutt song:

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
pdf0427
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 26

PostSubject: Re: ROUGH CUTT IS BACK....   ROUGH CUTT IS BACK.... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 8:38 am

the sentinel wrote:
"Prowler" is a killer song. Surprised it never got an official release as I think only the demo version is out there on the Anthology set.
Prowler was released as a studio track on the Rough Cutt Live album. Great track.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: ROUGH CUTT IS BACK....   ROUGH CUTT IS BACK.... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 9:25 am

mikeinfla wrote:
Vixen - $1,370 on Kickstarter, I am surprised they left that one out. I also have never heard anything by Rough Cutt, so here we go:

Witchfinder wrote:
Here's my favorite Rough Cutt song:

Those both aren't too bad. Kinda blends with the other music of the time, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: ROUGH CUTT IS BACK....   ROUGH CUTT IS BACK.... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 10:52 am

Rock Candy recently reissued both RC albums. I always liked them. But since they never really broke big I kinda feel like some of the others that there may not be tons of interest.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: ROUGH CUTT IS BACK....   ROUGH CUTT IS BACK.... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2016 1:14 am

I think Paul Shortino is a fantastic singer...i love everything he has done. Rough Cutt is one of those bands that should have gotten bigger but just didn't...i saw them with krokus back in the 80s and they were great...i really liked the quiet riot album paul sang on (the rock candy version sounds amazing)...
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: ROUGH CUTT IS BACK....   ROUGH CUTT IS BACK.... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2016 1:00 pm

pdf0427 wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
Prowler was released as a studio track on the Rough Cutt Live album.  Great track.

I have that one, but mine has "House of Pain" as the bonus studio track. Thanks for the info, brother. The hunt begins. Smile
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: ROUGH CUTT IS BACK....   ROUGH CUTT IS BACK.... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2016 1:34 pm

Amir also played in Jailhouse and Orgy.

Paul did a great job in Quiet Riot as well (IMHO)

Every time Dio played in So. California those first few tours, Rough Cutt opened up. So that is pretty much my biggest exposure to them aside from a few spins of their first two albums.

Metal novice
Metal novice
70srockfan

Number of posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: ROUGH CUTT IS BACK....   ROUGH CUTT IS BACK.... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2016 7:47 pm

The only thing i remember by them was the cover of Janis Japlins Piece of my Heart. They were just another hair band. I think Jake E. Lee had something to do with these guys in their early days.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: ROUGH CUTT IS BACK....   ROUGH CUTT IS BACK.... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2016 9:16 pm

I've always liked the band. The first album got a lot of press for the Joplin cover, which is good, but Cutt your heart out was better. Cool hooks with good vocals with just a bit too much gloss.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: ROUGH CUTT IS BACK....   ROUGH CUTT IS BACK.... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2016 9:56 am

I remember about 10 years ago coming across them on Amazon, and reading all the glowing reviews, I thought I might've stumbled on the greatest band I had never heard before. I promptly ordered the two-fer CD. Man, I was disappointed. I've tried to go back to it over the years, but I don't get into these dudes too much.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: ROUGH CUTT IS BACK....   ROUGH CUTT IS BACK.... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2016 10:09 am

I too found them about a decade ago. I remembered the name and had a memory of a friend's sister or cousin having a tape or album back in the day. I read about them on NLTM and got the same disc you did. I like the S/T better than "Wants You" as I think it rocks a bit harder and has more hooks but the Anthology is what I listen to most. I like the rawness of the production. They were never really too popular here in New England.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ROUGH CUTT IS BACK....   ROUGH CUTT IS BACK.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ROUGH CUTT IS BACK....
Page 1 of 1