Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian?

Go down 
+9
brokentulsa
Lari
corplhicks
Citanul
Required Fields
Boris2008
Hadley
Fat Freddy
muckie
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian?   Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 8:42 am

Hadley wrote:
Of course, even the definition of "clean" is debatable. For example, even though i brought up battle-oriented power metal, that could be seen as too violent to some (heck, even Sabaton have gotten some complaints, and thats ALL im going to say), and some of these bands do have sexual songs (Kingdom Come were mentioned, but their biggest hit was "Get It On").

Sabaton definitely isn't "clean". I mean they sing about war, after all, and in a way glorify it. And not just any wars, it's nazis. I saw them live, and they mentioned they are not nazi sympathizers or anything like that. But even having to say that implies there is doubt. Some might get that connotation when you sing about panzers and blitzkriegs.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian?   Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 3:01 pm

"Quiet Riot " "White Lion"...

Both of these bands have sexually explicit lyrics so I dont think they could fall in this category as clean metal...
How about Rob Rock, Axel Rudi Pell, Mad Max, Impellitteri, Driver...
And then there is Stryper..Sweet to this day still swears they are not a christian band.. Razz
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian?   Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 12:12 am

Freedom Call. I haven't even listened to them, but with albums titled like Stairway to Fairyland, they sound like they could probably write an episode of My Little Pony.
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian?   Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 3:06 am

Lari wrote:
Freedom Call. I haven't even listened to them, but with albums titled like Stairway to Fairyland, they sound like they could probably write an episode of My Little Pony.

Isn't there a metal band that actually writes My Little Pony themed songs?
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian?   Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 3:16 am

Citanul wrote:
Lari wrote:

Ask DB, he would know.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian?   Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2016 4:47 pm

Citanul wrote:
Lari wrote:

Draconeqqus:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian?   Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2