Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cleanest extreme metal albums that weren't/aren't Christian?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Cleanest extreme metal albums that weren't/aren't Christian? Empty
PostSubject: Cleanest extreme metal albums that weren't/aren't Christian?   Cleanest extreme metal albums that weren't/aren't Christian? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2016 1:24 pm

Now, there was the thread started by muckie about the cleanest metal albums lyrically that weren't Christian, though most bands were more "melodic hard rock" than metal. I have started the more extreme variation of that thread, although I wouldn't have at all if it weren't for his thread.

As for extreme, more intense genres of REAL metal, what would be the cleanest (lyrically) that aren't Christian?

Even though some may not call 1980s Metallica and/or Testament "extreme metal" as a whole, a band that sounds like them would qualify as close enough for this thread. Plus, both bands are considered thrash metal, and thrash metal is considered an "extreme" genre of metal. (Yes, I know, 1980s Metallica has a few songs with f-bombs in them, so they don't exactly fit the bill, though many similar (or outright clone) bands might. One or two Testament albums could qualify, though.)

I think a lot of the technical death metal genre qualifies for this, such as Decrepit Birth's catalog (so far). A lot of technical death metal bands has space/science fiction themed lyrics, and have miminal violent content, and most don't swear at all.

As for thrash, I mentioned Testament having one or two albums that might fit the bill. Coroner have never sworn (at least not on their studio albums), and one or two albums didn't have anything too graphically violent that I can recall.

What other albums fit the bill here that you can think of, really intense metal with lyrics being clean, relatively family friendly lyrically, but not being Christian metal, either?

I also know that in some cases, some bands qualify on some albums, but not others.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Cleanest extreme metal albums that weren't/aren't Christian?   Cleanest extreme metal albums that weren't/aren't Christian? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2016 7:56 pm

One technical death metal band that fits the bill of this thread:
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Cleanest extreme metal albums that weren't/aren't Christian?   Cleanest extreme metal albums that weren't/aren't Christian? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2016 10:43 pm

Most of Obliveon's stuff is pretty clean as well.
Back to top Go down
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

PostSubject: Re: Cleanest extreme metal albums that weren't/aren't Christian?   Cleanest extreme metal albums that weren't/aren't Christian? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2016 10:45 pm

Thank you for your acknowledgements, RF.

I was also wondering the same thing. However, I have always been reluctant to ask this question to metal heads who might have the insight to know, but in their circle, because of metal's dark and nihilistic themes and fan-base, it's considered wimpy and puritanical to ask such a question. You're expected to like the more offensive stuff out of spite for people of faith or who have any values of any kind. Some people just want to enjoy some music that has a lot of intensity without feeling their conscience being assaulted. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Cleanest extreme metal albums that weren't/aren't Christian?   Cleanest extreme metal albums that weren't/aren't Christian? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 11:16 pm

You're welcome, muckie.

The aforementioned Obliveon may not be pure death metal; I seemed to imply that after posting Beyond Creation (both bands are from Quebec, interestingly). Still, they definitely have elements of it, particularly on the album Nemesis. Here is a song from that album, Obscure Mindways:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cleanest extreme metal albums that weren't/aren't Christian?   Cleanest extreme metal albums that weren't/aren't Christian? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cleanest extreme metal albums that weren't/aren't Christian?
Page 1 of 1