Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian?

Go down 
+9
brokentulsa
Lari
corplhicks
Citanul
Required Fields
Boris2008
Hadley
Fat Freddy
muckie
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian? Empty
PostSubject: Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian?   Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 5:28 pm

Can anyone give me some suggestions of metal albums that were very clean and conservative but weren't Christian at all? Secular stuff? What would be a good example of granny-safe pop metal?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian?   Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 5:36 pm

Nelson's "After the Rain" might as well have been a "My First Non-Threatening Rock Band" kit aimed at ten year old girls, ditto the first "Trixter" album.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian?   Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 7:32 pm

Trixter's first album did have "Ride the Whip" which was about exactly what it sounds like. Some of the power metal bands who only sing about battles would probably qualify, as i cant see anyone getting offended by any of Dragonforce's stuff or the majority of Hammerfall and Sabaton. And then of course, you get into the instrumental metal bands Razz
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian?   Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 8:48 pm

I don't think that there was anything threatening about Saxon's records it was all pretty much family friendly. My mum (who is a grandma now) loved Twisted Sister though
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian?   Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 8:51 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
I don't think that there was anything threatening about Saxon's records it was all pretty much family friendly. My mum (who is a grandma now)  loved Twisted Sister though

A couple of songs that Saxon recorded in the early 1980s have an f-bomb in them.

Also, bands like Trixter are not metal. Nelson is most definitely not metal, so they should not be mentioned here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

PostSubject: Re: Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian?   Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 8:59 pm

For more pop metal stuff, i cant find anything "threatening" about TNT, Bonfire, or Europe.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian?   Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 9:08 pm

Required Fields wrote:

Also, bands like Trixter are not metal. Nelson is most definitely not metal, so they should not be mentioned here.

He asked for "grandma-safe pop metal," and those bands qualify in both categories. They were marketed towards the same audience as every other hair-metal act via "Headbanger's Ball," Metal Edge magazine, etc.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian?   Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 9:17 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
I don't think that there was anything threatening about Saxon's records it was all pretty much family friendly. My mum (who is a grandma now)  loved Twisted Sister though

A couple of songs that Saxon recorded in the early 1980s have an f-bomb in them.

It's a scientifically proven fact that the word F*ck does not cause people (even grannies) to explode Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian? 875605
Back to top Go down
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

PostSubject: Re: Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian?   Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 9:17 pm

Wasn't there some metal album, I can't remember the band, that had this guy with long blond hair giving this big retarded grin and it was called something like "Songs of Insatiable Compassion and Charity"? The whole thing was more supremely cheesy than a Taco Bell burrito.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian?   Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 9:26 pm

I misread the pop metal part. Perhaps that should have been included in the thread title.

In terms of extreme metal that is clean in content and secular, there is Decrepit Birth - Polarity. Even cleaner than some bands mentioned in this thread, regardless of genre, believe it or not.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian?   Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2016 3:06 am

Hadley wrote:
Some of the power metal bands who only sing about battles would probably qualify, as i cant see anyone getting offended by any of Dragonforce's stuff or the majority of Hammerfall and Sabaton.

Fantasy-themed power metal was the first thing which came to mind when I saw the thread title. And while obviously not pop metal, there's plenty of prog metal that would be safe lyrically.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

PostSubject: Re: Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian?   Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2016 8:04 pm

Dio's stuff is pretty clean lyrically.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian?   Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 12:04 pm

I seem to remember White Lion being a rare instance of a G rated pop metal act.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian?   Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 12:58 pm

I think Axxis. Both musically and lyrically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPU12ZdU_cc

Though now we're going to have to argue how strict is the definition of "Christian". Axxis aren't really a Christian metal band, since the lyrics are mostly fantasy and self-empowerment. But they do have a couple of songs that are definitely Christian.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian?   Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 6:52 pm

Bonfire
Dokken
Rage of Angels
Kingdom Come
Steelheart
Triumph
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian?   Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 8:47 pm

I'd think of firehouse. Heavy enough.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian?   Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 1:29 am

White Lion
Dokken
Firehouse
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian?   Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 1:30 am

Autograph
Quiet Riot
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

PostSubject: Re: Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian?   Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 8:25 am

Of course, even the definition of "clean" is debatable. For example, even though i brought up battle-oriented power metal, that could be seen as too violent to some (heck, even Sabaton have gotten some complaints, and thats ALL im going to say), and some of these bands do have sexual songs (Kingdom Come were mentioned, but their biggest hit was "Get It On").
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian?   Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 9:26 am

Galactic Cowboys and Dream Theater.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian?   Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 9:33 am

I've never heard a curse word on any Coroner album. Smile
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

PostSubject: Re: Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian?   Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 5:11 pm

Troublezone wrote:

There are a few Dream Theater songs with profanity.

And it was specified "not Christian at all", something which neither of those bands fit.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian?   Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 6:19 pm

Citanul wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

And it was specified "not Christian at all", something which neither of those bands fit.

Dream Theater isn't Christian at all, and Galactic Cowboys always said they were not a Christian band, they just had songs with Christian themes. Any secular band can have Christian members. But if you want to get super technical...
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

PostSubject: Re: Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian?   Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 3:20 am

Troublezone wrote:
Citanul wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Dream Theater isn't Christian at all, and Galactic Cowboys always said they were not a Christian band, they just had songs with Christian themes. Any secular band can have Christian members. But if you want to get super technical...

Yeah, it is getting techincal, but Dream Theater has Christian members and occasionally has Christian themes in their lyrics.  So if you're looking for something completely secular then Dream Theater wouldn't qualify.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian?   Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 7:46 am

Any album that didnt fall on the dirty floor would be clean IMO (i know ba da dum)

I think the title is fine it says Metal doesnt say what kind as its leaving the field wide open
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian?   Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cleanest metal albums that weren't Christian?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next