Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1

Go down 
+8
James B.
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
Gilbert
nevermore
Wrecked Neck
Lari
12 posters

Which of these is the best?
Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow (1975)
Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1 Vote_lcap0%Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Rainbow Rising (1976)
Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1 Vote_lcap23%Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1 Vote_rcap
 23% [ 5 ]
Long Live Rock 'n' Roll (1978)
Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1 Vote_lcap5%Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Heaven and Hell (1980)
Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1 Vote_lcap41%Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1 Vote_rcap
 41% [ 9 ]
Mob Rules (1981)
Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1 Vote_lcap5%Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Holy Diver (1983)
Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1 Vote_lcap18%Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 4 ]
The Last in Line (1984)
 5% [ 1 ]
Sacred Heart (1985)
 5% [ 1 ]
Dream Evil (1987)
Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1 Vote_lcap0%Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Lock Up the Wolves (1990
 0% [ 0 ]
Dehumanizer (1992)
 0% [ 0 ]
Strange Highways (1994)
 0% [ 0 ]
Angry Machines (1996)
 0% [ 0 ]
Killing the Dragon (2002)
 0% [ 0 ]
Master of the Moon (2004)
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6330

Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1 Empty
PostSubject: Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1   Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2022 8:27 am

Remember these from a couple of years back?

Let's rank Iron Maiden, #15

Let's rank Judas Priest, #17

Let's do a similar series of polls for Dio. We have 10 Dio albums, 3 Rainbow albums, 3 Black Sabbath albums, plus Heaven and Hell, all get ranked based on votes. I didn't add the Elf stuff because I haven't listened to it, I don't own them and because we're already past the poll limit with these major label releases. In fact, I had to leave 2 out from the first poll (Magica and The Devil You Know), but don't worry, they will be added as we go on. I just didn't think anyone will pick those as #1.

The first poll is to determine first place. Let's vote! You! Vote now!

Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1 Gettyimages-99967327-8fbc6398-c5eb-4149-8d8e-485195c04e48

"The magic in the evil mountain crystal temple won't last a long time, but the stripes of the rainbow tiger's scrotum hair never fade!"

- probably Dio, but possibly made up
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1   Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2022 11:37 am

Hard choice between Mob Rules and Holy Diver, but went with Holy Diver.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39505

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1   Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2022 12:01 pm

Those are all great albums and it's hard to choose. I guess I'll go with the Last In Line.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1   Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2022 12:51 pm

I voted Heaven and Hell. It's a desert island disc. Everything is just right when you put that CD on.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25827

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1   Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2022 1:58 pm

I couldn't decide between 3 albums but eventually chose Rainbow Rising.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9878

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1   Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2022 3:13 pm

Holy Diver.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1   Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2022 4:54 pm

Love those first 6 choices. Voted Holy Diver.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1   Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2022 5:20 pm

So the way we go from here is that once we've settled on #1, then that winning album gets removed from the poll and we have another thread and another poll where everyone gets to vote for the best album of the ones remaining. The winner of that poll then gets ranked #2. You always vote for your favourite of the choices remaining in the poll.

Don't vote for your 2nd favourite album just because the title says #2!

We had some confusion in the past, so I wanted to make the rules clear. Anyway, #2 poll won't be up this weekend. I'm thinking 2-3, maybe 4 days between polls, depending on if there is a tie that needs to be settled.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1   Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2022 5:41 pm

Gotta go with Sabbath's Heaven & Hell to start it off, cuz that was where I first heard R.J.D.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12604

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1   Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2022 8:16 pm

"Rainbow Rising"

Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1 Th?id=OIP.Mf8_L3e01kyREFChW4XK_gEsDG&w=299&h=198&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&dpr=1.25&pid=1
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1   Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2022 8:25 pm

I went with Heaven And Hell

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1   Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2022 9:43 pm

Heaven and Hell
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1   Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2022 8:37 am

Rising
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1   Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2022 4:59 pm

Confucius Say...
"2nd place in 1rst poll means victoroius in next with same people voting"
Laughing very hard

Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1 Th?id=OIP.Mf8_L3e01kyREFChW4XK_gEsDG&w=299&h=198&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&dpr=1.25&pid=1
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1   Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2022 5:08 pm

James B. wrote:
Confucius Say...
"2nd place in 1rst poll means victoroius in next with same people voting"
Laughing very hard
Not so grasshopper! The first place voters might vote for some random album and your whole theory is wrong! Much to learn young one you have, yes yes much to learn... lol!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1   Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2022 5:42 pm

Ancient Chineese Secret, "Random not for one who take time to make reply known"

This was so eloquently demonstrated by Mr. Neck' s fine comedic recourse!

Bravo Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1 25679

Wrecked Neck likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1   Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2022 1:19 am

This has been a super close poll, but it's been four days and it's going to have to end at some point. That moment is now. Winner is Heaven and Hell, after getting 35% of the vote.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1   Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2022 6:34 pm

Sacred Heart
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1   Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's rank Ronnie James Dio, #1
Page 1 of 1