Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tygers of pan tang

Go down 
+16
Red Kitty
metalken
metalinmyveins
DeathCult
nevermore
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
MetalRob331
Tall Tyrion
SAHB Healer
TrogDawn
krokus
ultmetal
Skysplitter
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Skysplitter
Metal student
Metal student
Skysplitter

Number of posts : 100

Tygers of pan tang Empty
PostSubject: Tygers of pan tang   Tygers of pan tang Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 5:56 pm

THis bands pretty good. I have their CD's Spellbound and Crazy Nights. There a good band, or "were" a good band, They were only good when John Sykes and Jon Deverill were in the band though. Any one else heard of these guys? and if so, what do you think of em?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Tygers of pan tang Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tygers of pan tang   Tygers of pan tang Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 10:55 am

Yup, like 'em. Classic NWOBHM band. I have Spellbound on CD and Wildcat on vinyl. I want to get Crazy Nights and The Cage as well as Wildcat on CD.

Tygers of pan tang Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tygers of pan tang   Tygers of pan tang Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 10:57 am

I have a copy of Crazy Nights and it is pretty excellent. Haven't heard anything else from them though.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Tygers of pan tang Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tygers of pan tang   Tygers of pan tang Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 3:15 pm

Love this band and not only with JOHN SYKES in the band of course. WILD CAT is without JOHN and still good, same with THE CAGE, THE WRECK-AGE, and BURNING IN THE SHADE, their most comercial sounding album. I love this band and always will lol.
Hail SKYSPLITTER because you love LOUDNESS. I love them too.
Back to top Go down

Tygers of pan tang Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tygers of pan tang   Tygers of pan tang Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 7:40 pm

Rob Weir,the original guitarist reformed a version of the band back in 2000,they've released some live material and a couple studio albums since.Not the classic 80's stuff,but still quality nonetheless.Skysplitter -if you don't have their "Live At Nottingham Rock City" disc yet-by all means.Very cool & John Sykes plays on it. (www.tygers.co.uk)
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

Tygers of pan tang Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tygers of pan tang   Tygers of pan tang Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 8:02 pm

krokus wrote:
Love this band and not only with JOHN SYKES in the band of course. WILD CAT is without JOHN and still good
Yep, Wild Cat is a totally different sounding TYGERS than the more well known version featuring Jo(h)ns Sykes and Deverill respectively. Jess Cox and Rob Weir were in the vocal and guitar spotlight back then, and the band sounded grittier and badder than anything that came after - pure NWOBHM magic that was. Truth be told, I really dig this album more than the two Sykes era albums because it's just so raw and different from the others. Jess Cox wasn't much of a singer, nor was Rob Weir the best or most innovative of guitarists, but for some reason that lineup works really well for me. I also prefer the post-Sykes album The Cage to the other stuff too. Again, a total shift in styles for the band once Sykes left and definitely more commercial sounding in general, but still incredibly awesome. Nothing against albums 2 and 3 with Sykes at all, but I much prefer albums 1 and 4. Tygers of pan tang 309780

krokus wrote:
I love this band and always will lol.
Same here, though I have yet to venture beyond The Cage. What a Face
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

Tygers of pan tang Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tygers of pan tang   Tygers of pan tang Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 9:47 pm

I have a greatest hits compilation of theirs that covers their whole career.I think it's pretty good stuff.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Tygers of pan tang Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tygers of pan tang   Tygers of pan tang Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 8:31 am

TrogDawn wrote:
krokus wrote:
Love this band and not only with JOHN SYKES in the band of course. WILD CAT is without JOHN and still good
Yep, Wild Cat is a totally different sounding TYGERS than the more well known version featuring Jo(h)ns Sykes and Deverill respectively. Jess Cox and Rob Weir were in the vocal and guitar spotlight back then, and the band sounded grittier and badder than anything that came after - pure NWOBHM magic that was. Truth be told, I really dig this album more than the two Sykes era albums because it's just so raw and different from the others. Jess Cox wasn't much of a singer, nor was Rob Weir the best or most innovative of guitarists, but for some reason that lineup works really well for me. I also prefer the post-Sykes album The Cage to the other stuff too. Again, a total shift in styles for the band once Sykes left and definitely more commercial sounding in general, but still incredibly awesome. Nothing against albums 2 and 3 with Sykes at all, but I much prefer albums 1 and 4. Tygers of pan tang 309780

krokus wrote:
I love this band and always will lol.
Same here, though I have yet to venture beyond The Cage. What a Face

Nice to see that their are more fans of this band. HAIL TO YOU!!!!
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Tygers of pan tang Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tygers of pan tang   Tygers of pan tang Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 7:03 pm

Yeah. Wild Cat and Spellbound are classic but different NWOBHM albums. Crazy Nights is a very good classic metal disc. A lot of people like The Cage, but I haven't a clue why. It's lame IMO.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

Tygers of pan tang Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tygers of pan tang   Tygers of pan tang Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 11:38 pm

Wild Cat is the only TOPT album that I have. Good Shtuff, Maynard. 🤘
Back to top Go down

Tygers of pan tang Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tygers of pan tang   Tygers of pan tang Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 6:50 pm

"Wild Cat" was very raw,kind of has a punk-ish flavor to it,but still metal -its excellent."Spellbound" being my personal favorite TOPT album as the mighty "Heathen" from the bay area did a version of "Hellbound" and it smokes! Also because the song "Take It" is one ass-kicker of a song.Sykes and Weir always sounded great together i thought.......By the way for anyone who doesn't know Cox and Weir reteamed back in 99' at the Wacken festival for a gig and it led to a live album put out by "Spitfire Records" in 2001.

IronAge--
Back to top Go down
Skysplitter
Metal student
Metal student
Skysplitter

Number of posts : 100

Tygers of pan tang Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tygers of pan tang   Tygers of pan tang Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 4:21 pm

WIldcats OK, but Im not crazy about that singer, Jess Cox. But Spellbound is by far my favorite.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Tygers of pan tang Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tygers of pan tang   Tygers of pan tang Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 11:07 pm

Want to look into this band, seems like there are some fans. Where should i start?
Back to top Go down

Tygers of pan tang Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tygers of pan tang   Tygers of pan tang Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 11:31 pm

I think Spellbound was their most accessible album so probably a good start. A band that gets forgotten in the NWOBHM movement and I need to replace the cassettes I used to have.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

Tygers of pan tang Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tygers of pan tang   Tygers of pan tang Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 9:26 am

I wanna get Spellbound.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Tygers of pan tang Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tygers of pan tang   Tygers of pan tang Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 10:00 am

I've only heard a few of their songs on some NWOBHM comps I own. I've always liked what I've heard, but never really investigated any further. I probably should.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

Tygers of pan tang Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tygers of pan tang   Tygers of pan tang Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 4:11 pm

Cool band from what I've heard, although I don't own anything from them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Tygers of pan tang Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tygers of pan tang   Tygers of pan tang Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 10:18 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Want to look into this band, seems like there are some fans. Where should i start?
I would suggest getting the first four: Wild Cat, Spellbound, Crazy Nights and The Cage. You will find that the first album vs. the second and third ones vs. the fourth one are all completely different from each other, and no one of them will necessarily prepare you for the others.

Last edited by TrogDawn on Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25796

Tygers of pan tang Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tygers of pan tang   Tygers of pan tang Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 9:57 am

I need to get some Tygers stuff on cd.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Tygers of pan tang Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tygers of pan tang   Tygers of pan tang Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 12:42 pm

nevermore wrote:
I need to get some Tygers stuff on cd.
It's been a long time since we did any trading, mang. Tygers of pan tang 309780
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Tygers of pan tang Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tygers of pan tang   Tygers of pan tang Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 7:52 pm

One of my favorite NWOBHM bands. Gangland! 🤘

I'd say get everything up to THE WRECK-AGE. SPELLBOUND is easily my favorite album, but I consider Wild Cat through Wreck-Age to be their best albums, with the Sykes period being my favorite.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Tygers of pan tang Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tygers of pan tang   Tygers of pan tang Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 4:00 am

DeathCult wrote:
I'd say get everything up to THE WRECK-AGE.
I've yet to hear that one. The lineup was quite different on that one wasn't it? surprised
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Tygers of pan tang Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tygers of pan tang   Tygers of pan tang Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 3:48 pm

When I was a member of th Metallica Club, I remember ordering one of the cans one year, and on the disc (which was Metallica fooling around in the studio) was the band jamming on "Don't Touch Me There". I always thought that they sounded cool jamming on it, and it was my intention to eventually get the "Wildcat" disc at some point. Unfortunatley the disc was always more than I wanted to pay when I saw it on Amazon, though it looks like it has come down somewhat in price.

I ended up having my brother get me "Lightnin to the Nations: 25th Anniversary of NWOBHM" import for my B-day last year. I think it was around $25-$30? Amazon now shows one copy on hand from a C.D distributor, and they're asking $548.00 for it. Whether that's outlandish or not, I think I'm feeling pretty good about that purchase!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

Tygers of pan tang Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tygers of pan tang   Tygers of pan tang Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 3:36 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
When I was a member of th Metallica Club, I remember ordering one of the cans one year, and on the disc (which was Metallica fooling around in the studio) was the band jamming on "Don't Touch Me There". I always thought that they sounded cool jamming on it, and it was my intention to eventually get the "Wildcat" disc at some point. Unfortunatley the disc was always more than I wanted to pay when I saw it on Amazon, though it looks like it has come down somewhat in price.

I ended up having my brother get me "Lightnin to the Nations: 25th Anniversary of NWOBHM" import for my B-day last year. I think it was around $25-$30? Amazon now shows one copy on hand from a C.D distributor, and they're asking $548.00 for it. Whether that's outlandish or not, I think I'm feeling pretty good about that purchase!

Ouch!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

Tygers of pan tang Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tygers of pan tang   Tygers of pan tang Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 6:04 pm

As been posted by others here, all incarnations of this band were awesome.( At least those that I know of.) This was one of those bands (along with most of the NWOBHM & Scorpions & Krokus & Accept & et al.) that set me apart from the 'rockers' and into the 'banger' camp back in my high school days in the early eighties. A lot of fellow hard rock music fans back then found these bands/sounds too 'extreme'.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tygers of pan tang Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tygers of pan tang   Tygers of pan tang Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tygers of pan tang
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next