Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album

Go down 
+15
Zdan
Gilbert
kmorg
MetalGuy71
Wargod
Troublezone
akeldama
mc666
Ben Grimm
Fat Freddy
Metallic Blaze
Lari
Temple of Blood
Jesusandmetal23
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album Empty
PostSubject: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 4:36 pm

Quote :
ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album Moz-screenshot-3Annihilator's Jeff Waters discusses new album artwork and cover:

Canadian thrash metal pioneers ANNIHILATOR have revealed the artwork for their upcoming
new album.
ANNIHILATOR's new, self-titled release is the band's
thirteenth studio album and is due to be released in Europe by Earache Records
on 17th May.
ANNIHILATOR guitarist and mainman JEFF WATERS discusses the
artwork:
"The new Annihilator CD cover art was, again, done by
the great Gyula Havancsák (http://www.hjules.com). He has done the art for the last 4
Annihilator studio releases, as well as the 'Ten Years in Hell' DVD.
"The concept was mine and came to me in a dream (more
like a nightmare) and seems to be 'Alice' (Alison Hell), returned from the
grave!
"Musically, the new CD ended up being far more
aggressive than expected; thus, the new CD cover seems to compliment the songs
perfectly."

'ANNIHILATOR' is set to feature ten tracks of heads-down,
no-frills metal, and is sure to be a highlight in the band's already-impressive
catalogue.

The official track listing is as follows:

01. The Trend

02. Coward

03. Ambush

04. Betrayed

05. 25 Seconds

06. Nowhere To Go

07. The Other Side

08. Death In Your Eyes

09. Payback

10. Romeo Delight

ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album Annihilatorwebnews

No US date announced yet.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 4:42 pm

I seriously doubt it will be any good.

The new 2 songs he played in his clinic sounded totally uninspired.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 4:58 pm

I'll definitely be picking it up. I really liked Alice In Hell.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 5:37 pm

I don't like the vocalist. The last Annihilator I bought was Waking the Fury (or Double Live Annihilation if live albums count). Joe Comeau was great.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 6:35 pm

I'll get this!!! You bet!!!

I like the new singer though.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 7:45 pm

If Dave Padden guy is still singing, no thanx... cant' stand that guy...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 7:57 pm

Don't mind the cover though it's a shame the logo will be omitted.

Doubt Dave Padden can pull of the style they are going for on this, I assume it's ment to be a much more darker album ?
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 8:37 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:

Agreed ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album 506406 , I don't know why people say the last few albums suck, I have thought they were great.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 9:48 pm

Ben Grimm wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

Agreed ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album 506406 , I don't know why people say the last few albums suck, I have thought they were great.

Same here.

I've even heard some people say they have turned 'nu metal'. This is not true at all.

They have added a gothic element is what they've done, and I think this album will further that. I look forward greatly to it! Dave Padden is a great singer, and has a much more melodic approach than past singers. He's also lasted longer than any other singer - giving Annihilator a more solid line-up since 2003!!!

But I usually notice that the hatred toward this band, and where they are now, is usually from those who have little or no appreciation for darker, more gothic metal.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 9:55 pm

i like what i hear. just like the past few albums!

Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 9:57 pm

mc666 wrote:
i like what i hear. just like the past few albums!

ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album 438278
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 10:00 pm

I didn't mind Metal at all, I'm picking this one up.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 10:02 pm

I think this one will be better than "Metal". Not that "Metal" was bad...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 10:07 pm

I don't care for the current singer but i'll probably get it anyway, because i'm a big Jeff Waters fan.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 10:13 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I don't care for the current singer but i'll probably get it anyway, because i'm a big Jeff Waters fan.

Here here Jeff has some mean guitar riffs no matter what cd it is!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 10:48 am

The cover looks cool, but I've all but given up on these guys. I just lost interest in the spotty albums and bad singers. Good for Jeff to keep things going but I'll probably pass.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39590

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 11:21 am

I just picked Metal up about a week ago and think it is pretty good. Don't know what the problem was with it (OK I guess Padden had alot to do with it,along with all the *gasp* guests). And,although he is a more "modern" sounding singer,he still fits in Annihilator well (and as stated has been a stable member more than any of his predecessors). I'll be getting the new release for sure !
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 4:27 pm

Cool artwork! I'll buy this as I have done with everything else from Annihilator.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 7:06 pm

kmorg wrote:
Cool artwork! I'll buy this as I have done with everything else from Annihilator.

Me too. I'm still missing some ... but I will eventually have them ALLLL!!!

Annihilator is one of my favorite bands actually!!!

ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album 778825 ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album 778825 ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album 778825
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 6:46 pm

From what i can tell on the website, the non European release will be only download. Anybody know where I can buy import cds for a decent price?
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 9:02 pm

I've actually heard the beeped cd and to be honest it's pretty good!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 1:51 pm

Ben Grimm wrote:
From what i can tell on the website, the non European release will be only download. Anybody know where I can buy import cds for a decent price?

What kind of crap is this??? angry I bet all metal sell way better in Europe than in the US!

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 2:06 pm

kmorg wrote:
Ben Grimm wrote:

What kind of crap is this??? angry I bet all metal sell way better in Europe than in the US!
that's probably why it's only for download in the states. Europeans get the cd.

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 4:18 pm

Let's hope the music is a good as the cover ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album 11840
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 4:22 pm

kmorg wrote:
Ben Grimm wrote:

It seems like a lot of metal bands seem to have an easier time in the Europe and Japan markets
I looked on Amazon for the pre order of this as an import cd and it was almost 30 bucks, for one cd I admit that is a little rich for my blood. I am sure I will knuckle under and get it i am hoping for a better price though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album   ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ANNIHILATOR to release self titled album
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: