Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.

Go down 
+14
sam
the sentinel
candlemass
Metal Misfit
Smindas
Shiney
Troublezone
mc666
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
caniplaywithmadness?
Chairman_Smith
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.   Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 2:38 pm

That is kind of lame...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.   Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 2:40 pm

Viv Campbell and Marty Friedman should form a band. They seem to share the same views of their former musical associations.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.   Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 2:43 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Viv Campbell and Marty Friedman should form a band. They seem to share the same views of their former musical associations.
Marty & the Bitchtacular Two. The singer can be Kiske from Helloween.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.   Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 3:30 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

There ya go! Kiske's another one. He claims he hates metal now, but every time he puts out a solo album he pretty much depends on his old metal fans to buy it. Then when it doesn't sell, he goes on the Internet and b*tches about how metal fans are stupid and don't understand his music. Duh!
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.   Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 8:39 pm

You don't bite the hand that feeds.......

PostSubject: Re: Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.   Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 8:57 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

There ya go! Kiske's another one. He claims he hates metal now, but every time he puts out a solo album he pretty much depends on his old metal fans to buy it. Then when it doesn't sell, he goes on the Internet and b*tches about how metal fans are stupid and don't understand his music. Duh!
Kiske is a bit different. Kiske just lashes out because so many people slam him and his solo material. The problem isn't Kiske, though, it's that his label markets his solo stuff to all the metal fans that learned to love Kiske through Helloween. All the magazines that ask for interviews are metal magazines. The guy just can't get away from metal, and when he's writing solo material that is far, far removed from metal, and all the metal fans say it sucks, then you can understand why he could be a little snotty in interviews. And sadly I was once one of those people that talked trash. Just look at the score I gave his last solo album here:

http://www.metalreviews.com/reviews/detail.php3?id=3292

lol!

But if you only read his negative comments you'll miss the problem. In other interviews he talks kindly of his metal past, he says he loves doing guest vocals on albums, says he would work with Helloween again, etc. I mean, the Place Vendome CD is awesome, and though it's not heavy, it's definitely far heavier than his solo stuff. I actually feel bad about talking so much trash about Kiske. There's an interview out there where he basically says that it's the fans that get to him, because they're so negative toward him. That's when I changed my tune. But hey, it's a catch 22. His solo stuff isn't metal, but the only labels interested are rock/metal labels.

As for Vivian Campbell. If those comments he said are true then he's shitting on all the Def Leppard fans. No matter what Def Leppard say, and no matter how much they've mellowed out, they're still playing hard rock. There might be more pop involved now, but it's foundation is clearly hard rock. I've never been a big fan of him anyway; I never viewed him as a worthy replacement of Steve Clark.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.   Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 2:45 am

Dio wasn't lying about what he said. Vivian's a jerk!
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.   Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 5:28 am

You know, Friedman isn't as anti metal as you guys make him out to be. I think he was when he originally left Megadeth, but nowadays he just embraces any music style that has a guitar in it. Did anyone ever catch any of his Rock Fujiyama shows? Because he played an awful lot of metal on that - especially when he jammed with Kerry King. Marty also speaks highly of his former bandmates from what I've seen. He's nothing like Vivian Campbell ;P

As far as I understand on the Kiske stuff, he's quite reluctant to do even guest vocals in most cases on metal stuff. Which is understandable, as it'd give the impression that he still wants to be the power metal singer we all know and love. But I could be wrong about his reluctance.

Also, Dio's rant is hilarious.

PostSubject: Re: Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.   Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 11:47 am

Kiske is reluctant to guest on metal albums? Could have fooled me! Haha. I got a CD by a band called Thalion about a year ago. I'd never heard of the band, they're not well-known, but Kiske is on the damn album! Haha.

Anyway, none of us know Vivian Campbell or Dio. For all we know, Campbell may be right. Dio may be great with his fans, but Campbell spoke of a side of Dio we never see. He could be right.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.   Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 11:58 am

Eyesore wrote:
Kiske is reluctant to guest on metal albums? Could have fooled me! Haha. I got a CD by a band called Thalion about a year ago. I'd never heard of the band, they're not well-known, but Kiske is on the damn album! Haha.
Hah, really? Then I must have my information muddled. That or Kiske's reluctance can be counter-acted with money.

PostSubject: Re: Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.   Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 12:07 pm

Wikipedia shows him guesting on the following:

Land of the Free (1995) by Gamma Ray
Avantasia: The Metal Opera (2001)
Avantasia: The Metal Opera pt. II (2002)
Hymn To Life (2002) by Timo Tolkki
Masterplan (2003) by Masterplan
Days of Rising Doom (2004) by Aina
Another Sun (2004) by Thalion
Execution (2005) by Tribuzy
Superheroes (EP) (2005) by Edguy

It's more than that, though, right? If that's it, it's clearly just another case of us hating on Kiske unnecessarily, because that's not a lot of guest spots.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.   Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 12:07 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Considering he's probably 5 times richer than Dio, I'd have to say he surely didn't waste his career.
True. Smile

I'm pretty shocked by Dio's comments. Hoping he dies? That's pretty harsh. I wonder what Coverdale would have to say about Vivian these days...
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.   Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 2:03 pm

Far from mellowing, seems like the years have jadded Ronnie quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband

PostSubject: Re: Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.   Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 2:09 pm

This board has more resurrections then David Lee Roth's career.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.   Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 2:13 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
This board has more resurrections then David Lee Roth's career.
Rock 'n' roll threads never die, man. headbanger
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.   Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 4:57 pm

That was freakin' hysterical. While I was on youtube, I watched another Dio interview where he talked about the "trendy" American music scene. Spot on, brother!
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.   Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 7:01 pm

got to love ronnie james, he sure knows how to start a fight
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.   Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 8:29 pm

Yikes! affraid
No subtlety or need for interpretation there! lol!
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Metal student
Metal student
Angelcake Adonisus Fox

Number of posts : 162

PostSubject: Re: Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.   Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 1:39 am

Heh, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he starts doing this more often. Ronnie is getting up there in years, after all (he's older than Ozzy!), and as far as I'm concerned he can say whatever the hell he wants. It would be different if it was someone who hadn't had much of a career, but this guy's been recording music since the late 50s/early 60s (no joke), and he's got several gold albums. Far as I'm concerned, if he feels he has to rant about some fellow musician, he's got the tenure to back it up.

Besides, Dio is himself usually a very likable person. It seems highly unusual for him to do something like this.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.   Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 10:39 am

Talk about an about face:

http://www.bravewords.com/news/182933

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.   Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2020 5:57 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.   Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dio has some choice words about Vivian Campell.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2