Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Cult: Choice of Weapon

Go down 
+6
Smindas
Dark Horseman
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
MEGATRON
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

The Cult: Choice of Weapon Empty
PostSubject: The Cult: Choice of Weapon   The Cult: Choice of Weapon Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 3:29 pm

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/the-cult-return-with-intense-new-album-20120130

Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The Cult: Choice of Weapon   The Cult: Choice of Weapon Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 3:30 pm

Cool, love me some Cult.

...hope it's better than their last album (BORN INTO THIS) though. That was a bit of a snoozer.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

PostSubject: Re: The Cult: Choice of Weapon   The Cult: Choice of Weapon Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 3:33 pm

If the new song is anything to go by, it could end up being their best album in years!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Cult: Choice of Weapon   The Cult: Choice of Weapon Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 4:21 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Cool, love me some Cult.

...hope it's better than their last album (BORN INTO THIS) though. That was a bit of a snoozer.

My thoughts exactly. I like the Cult, but that last album was boring. And I really tried to like it.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Cult: Choice of Weapon   The Cult: Choice of Weapon Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 1:12 pm

Geez, I was all set to start a thread on this album, didn't realize there already was one... even though I'd already posted in it previously. Duh. Anyway...

Album cover:
The Cult: Choice of Weapon Thecultchoice

Release date is May 22nd (my birthday!) on the "Cooking Vinyl" label (a UK based indie who also recently scooped up Marilyn Manson)...

Sneak peeks! "Lucifer"...

"For the Animals"

"Honey From A Knife"

Dunno what's with the sound quality on the last two, they sound crappy compared to "Lucifer," I'm assuming that whoever uploaded 'em got them from an inferior source.

Whichever, sounds pretty promising...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: The Cult: Choice of Weapon   The Cult: Choice of Weapon Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 1:16 pm

I liked Born Into This...

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Cult: Choice of Weapon   The Cult: Choice of Weapon Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 1:18 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I really wanted to like that disc but it did nothin' for me. I was quite disappointed especially cuz the prior album Beyond Good & Evil was freakin' monstrous!!

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: The Cult: Choice of Weapon   The Cult: Choice of Weapon Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 1:21 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I really wanted to like that disc but it did nothin' for me. I was quite disappointed especially cuz the prior album Beyond Good & Evil was freakin' monstrous!!

DOH!! That's the one I was thinking of...I never actually heard Born Into This... lol! It was Beyond Good & Evil that I liked...

That's what one calls The Cult: Choice of Weapon 4782 jumping the gun The Cult: Choice of Weapon 4782

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Cult: Choice of Weapon   The Cult: Choice of Weapon Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 1:22 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

DOH!! That's the one I was thinking of...I never actually heard Born Into This... lol! It was Beyond Good & Evil that I liked...

That's what one calls The Cult: Choice of Weapon 4782 jumping the gun The Cult: Choice of Weapon 4782

Well, you didn't miss much. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Cult: Choice of Weapon   The Cult: Choice of Weapon Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 1:42 pm

Agreed. Beyond...was killer. Born Into This was more boring than church. The new stuff sounds decent enough. I'll probably pick this up at some point.

The album cover looks like an outtake from Johnny Depp's new Tonto get-up...

The Cult: Choice of Weapon Johnny_depp_tonto-450x668

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: The Cult: Choice of Weapon   The Cult: Choice of Weapon Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 2:04 pm

The good thing about a bomb like Born Into This is it almost has to be better.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Cult: Choice of Weapon   The Cult: Choice of Weapon Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 3:30 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
The good thing about a bomb like Born Into This is it almost has to be better.

One would hope. I've been a fan of the Cult for a long time, but I've always felt their albums were very hit or miss. When they're on, they're great. Other times, they aren't necessarily bad, but just kinda "meh".

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: The Cult: Choice of Weapon   The Cult: Choice of Weapon Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 4:33 pm

Beyond was the most consistent album to my ears, a lot of their other albums have too much filler.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: The Cult: Choice of Weapon   The Cult: Choice of Weapon Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 5:29 pm

I actually thought Born Into This wasn't bad. Sure, not up there with the best of The Cult's stuff, but a fun, fairly modern rocker. Nothing special, but not a bad album by any stretch of the imagination.

Anyway, I'm very interested to hear Choice of Weapon, it sounds rather promising.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The Cult: Choice of Weapon   The Cult: Choice of Weapon Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 10:34 am

Sleazeroxx loves this album.

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/bands/cult/choiceofweapon.shtml

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Cult: Choice of Weapon   The Cult: Choice of Weapon Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 10:36 am

The Cult is gonna be performing on "Jimmy Kimmel Live" later this week, I forget which night. Check your local listings, as the saying goes.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Cult: Choice of Weapon   The Cult: Choice of Weapon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 11:47 am

So has anyone picked up this new album yet? I'm tempted to grab a copy, but I'm still a little gun-shy after that boring Born Into This album.

Buy it new or wait a month and get it for a nickel on Amazon?

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: The Cult: Choice of Weapon   The Cult: Choice of Weapon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 12:08 pm

I've been listening to some samples and it's better the BiT imo. And though samples don't always tell I don't hear the aggressiveness Beyond has though the song The Wolf has a good groove. Has a lot in common with Love.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Cult: Choice of Weapon   The Cult: Choice of Weapon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 12:11 pm

I have not picked up because 'Born into this' was so disappointing
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Cult: Choice of Weapon   The Cult: Choice of Weapon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 12:16 pm

I haven't either. Saw it on the shelf @ Best Buy when I went to buy the Joey Ramone album two weeks ago, but since I only had enough $ for one album obviously I was gonna go with my boy Joey. I'll get to the Cult disc eventually.

Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

PostSubject: Re: The Cult: Choice of Weapon   The Cult: Choice of Weapon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 7:01 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
So has anyone picked up this new album yet? I'm tempted to grab a copy, but I'm still a little gun-shy after that boring Born Into This album.

It's a great album. Definitely worth picking up.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The Cult: Choice of Weapon   The Cult: Choice of Weapon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 7:37 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I paid for the Amazon download and I'm disappointed in it. It's definitely better than Born Into This but is still nowhere near my favorite Cult albums like Beyond Good & Evil or Electric.

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: The Cult: Choice of Weapon   The Cult: Choice of Weapon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 8:52 pm

I'm listening to it in MOG right now. It does have an older Dreamtime/Love vibe to it. Very Melancholy, too. I keep expecting Resurrection Joe to start playing next.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Cult: Choice of Weapon   The Cult: Choice of Weapon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 11:18 pm

Electric is the only album I ever got into. I was in the process of learning the guitar when that album first came out, it was a good easy record to jam along with all the way through.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: The Cult: Choice of Weapon   The Cult: Choice of Weapon Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 12:10 am

I've never gotten into this band. I think it's because Ian Astbury irritated me, for whatever reason. Something about him just got under my skin. A childish thing. Haha. I wonder if I'd like them now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Cult: Choice of Weapon   The Cult: Choice of Weapon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Cult: Choice of Weapon
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next