Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which Metal Church Song Is the Brightest in "A Light In The Dark"?

Go down 
+3
akeldama
Gilbert
80s Metal Lady
7 posters

A Light in the Dark
Which Metal Church Song Is the Brightest in "A Light In The Dark"? Vote_lcap14%Which Metal Church Song Is the Brightest in "A Light In The Dark"? Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Beyond All Reason
Which Metal Church Song Is the Brightest in "A Light In The Dark"? Vote_lcap29%Which Metal Church Song Is the Brightest in "A Light In The Dark"? Vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
Mirror of Lies
Which Metal Church Song Is the Brightest in "A Light In The Dark"? Vote_lcap43%Which Metal Church Song Is the Brightest in "A Light In The Dark"? Vote_rcap
 43% [ 3 ]
Disappear
Which Metal Church Song Is the Brightest in "A Light In The Dark"? Vote_lcap0%Which Metal Church Song Is the Brightest in "A Light In The Dark"? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
The Believer
Which Metal Church Song Is the Brightest in "A Light In The Dark"? Vote_lcap0%Which Metal Church Song Is the Brightest in "A Light In The Dark"? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Temples of the Sea
Which Metal Church Song Is the Brightest in "A Light In The Dark"? Vote_lcap14%Which Metal Church Song Is the Brightest in "A Light In The Dark"? Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Pill for the Kill
 0% [ 0 ]
Son of the Son
 0% [ 0 ]
More Than Your Master
 0% [ 0 ]
Blinded By Life
 0% [ 0 ]
Watch the Children Pray 2006
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

Which Metal Church Song Is the Brightest in "A Light In The Dark"? Empty
PostSubject: Which Metal Church Song Is the Brightest in "A Light In The Dark"?   Which Metal Church Song Is the Brightest in "A Light In The Dark"? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 1:20 am

"A Light in the Dark" was eighth Metal Church studio album released in the U.S. on June 27, 2006. It was released in Germany and then the rest of Europe earlier that month. It is over an hour long and includes a re-recording of "Watch the Children Pray" in memory or David Wayne, who died following a car accident in 2005. It is a solid album. I've listened to it quite a few times on Youtube. It was difficult to choose a track, but stand-outs include "Temples of the Sea," "Mirror of Lies," and the title track. "Beyond All Reason" is pretty catchy, too. I decided to pick "Mirror of Lies" mainly for the powerful drums which set it apart.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: Which Metal Church Song Is the Brightest in "A Light In The Dark"?   Which Metal Church Song Is the Brightest in "A Light In The Dark"? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 1:32 am

Mirror of lies for me. But a light in the dark is also awesome.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Which Metal Church Song Is the Brightest in "A Light In The Dark"?   Which Metal Church Song Is the Brightest in "A Light In The Dark"? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 9:56 am

Mirror Of Lies.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: Which Metal Church Song Is the Brightest in "A Light In The Dark"?   Which Metal Church Song Is the Brightest in "A Light In The Dark"? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 10:02 am

Beyond All Reason
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Which Metal Church Song Is the Brightest in "A Light In The Dark"?   Which Metal Church Song Is the Brightest in "A Light In The Dark"? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 10:25 am

Beyond All Reason
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Which Metal Church Song Is the Brightest in "A Light In The Dark"?   Which Metal Church Song Is the Brightest in "A Light In The Dark"? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 5:59 pm

I chose a Light in the Dark. Great song!
The Watch the Children Pray remake is horrendous!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Which Metal Church Song Is the Brightest in "A Light In The Dark"?   Which Metal Church Song Is the Brightest in "A Light In The Dark"? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 4:03 pm

Lurideath wrote:

The Watch the Children Pray remake is horrendous!

Completely agree, it's rather awful. Ronnie deviates too much from the source material and can't deliver the way Wayne did. I can appreciate the sentiment, but a different approach would've helped.

Anyway, god what a great album, with great production and Ronnie kicking it up a notch. Way difficult to pick a favorite, but the one I most replay is Temples of the Sea. I love it when Kurdt goes proggy and here he does an exceptional job in weaving whispers and screams. It's highly memorable and poignant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Metal Church Song Is the Brightest in "A Light In The Dark"?   Which Metal Church Song Is the Brightest in "A Light In The Dark"? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1