Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark?

Go down 
+14
Glower
metalinmyveins
nevermore
Witchfinder
the sentinel
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
Leatherface
Wrecked Neck
Gilbert
MetallicSeminarian
MoonChild
80s Metal Lady
18 posters

Ton of Bricks
Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark? Vote_lcap13%Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark? Vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Start the Fire
Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark? Vote_lcap30%Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark? Vote_rcap
 30% [ 7 ]
Method to Your Madness
Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark? Vote_lcap13%Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark? Vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Watch the Children Pray
Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark? Vote_lcap26%Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark? Vote_rcap
 26% [ 6 ]
Over My Dead Body
Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark? Vote_lcap4%Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark? Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
The Dark
Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark? Vote_lcap0%Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Psycho
Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark? Vote_lcap0%Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Line of Death
 0% [ 0 ]
Burial at Sea
 13% [ 3 ]
Western Alliance
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 23

AuthorMessage
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark? Empty
PostSubject: Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark?   Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark? Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2016 10:56 pm

Ha! I like making up these goofy thread titles. Anyway, which is your favorite song off of (or maybe "in" sounds better) The Dark? This was Metal Church's second album which features the same line-up as before and I've read that it is a favorite among MC fans. I prefer their debut, but there are some stand-out tracks here. My favorites include "Start the Fire," "Method To Your Madness," "Watch the Children Play," the title track, and "Line of Death."

"Watch the Children Play" is probably the most accessible song here, like "Gods of Wrath" on their first album. I keep going back to "Method To Your Madness." I really like the opening guitar riff and verses. The chorus, musically, sounds a bit cheesy, but I still gravitate to this track.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39573

PostSubject: Re: Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark?   Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark? Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2016 11:01 pm

Another perfect album. This thing rocks start to finish. I went with Watch The Children Pray, a true metal classic.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark?   Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark? Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2016 11:29 pm

Watch the Children Pray
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark?   Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark? Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2016 11:36 pm

Start the Fire. Could've gone with any of the first 3 or the title track. This was the first MC I bought. I think it blows away the debut and things would only get better when Howe joined.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

PostSubject: Re: Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark?   Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark? Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 1:52 am

Watch the children pray. A true classic.

I guess you've been on a metal church mode ever since you got that call from mike howe! Keep it up!
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark?   Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark? Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 2:25 am

Gilbert wrote:

I guess you've been on a metal church mode ever since you got that call from mike howe! Keep it up!

Yeah, I wanted to start these polls a while back and after the phone call, but then a slew of band polls started and I didn't want them to get lost in a crowd. Those polls seemed to have stopped for some reason, so I figured it was time. I need to get psyched for the San Diego concert in June!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

PostSubject: Re: Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark?   Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark? Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 2:39 am

80s Metal Lady wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Yeah, I wanted to start these polls a while back and after the phone call, but then a slew of band polls started and I didn't want them to get lost in a crowd. Those polls seemed to have stopped for some reason, so I figured it was time. I need to get psyched for the San Diego concert in June!

Keep it up. Those polls are fun as hell especially with bands such as metal church. Hope you enjoy the concert.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark?   Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark? Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 3:54 am

Ton of Bricks for me. Just a perfect way to kick off an amazing album. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18928

PostSubject: Re: Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark?   Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark? Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 12:04 pm

Watch the Children Pray
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark?   Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark? Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 1:24 pm

Dark horse pick: "Burial at Sea."
David Wayne's opening SCREEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAMM on that track is effin' EPIC.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

PostSubject: Re: Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark?   Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark? Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 7:31 pm

I voted for Over My Dead Body.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark?   Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark? Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 8:26 pm

Like 007 said, a "perfect album" so I could've really picked any number of songs, but I went with "Method to Your Madness" as I just love that tune. A few years back we had a wrong song lyric thread where someone thought Wayne was saying "I'm a chicken on a mission" rather than "I'm shakin' and I'm thinking" that makes me smile every time I hear the title track.

Thanks for starting up the polls again, Lady. Smile
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark?   Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark? Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 8:42 pm

"Start The Fire" for me. This is my favorite Metal Church album.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark?   Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark? Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2016 12:11 pm

I went with Start The Fire.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark?   Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark? Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 7:31 am

That opening riff from "Start the Fire" still sends chills up and down my spine.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3172

PostSubject: Re: Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark?   Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark? Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 8:31 am

There's no way ( in my opinion Smile )
that any of these tunes..
could fit onto the first release.
The first release has always had a mystical vibe about it.
This release is much more straight forward metal...darker...
The first 4 songs do blend well with each other....love that.
Went with Start The Fire....what a song to open a show with !
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12618

PostSubject: Re: Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark?   Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark? Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 9:51 am

"Watch The Children Play"

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark?   Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark? Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 10:52 am

Watch the children pray.
That scream!   headbanger  Just a great song all around.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark?   Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark? Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 10:37 pm

80s Metal Lady wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

I got super busy with work there for a while so I really slacked off on the Maiden polls; boo on me. They'll pick up shortly when I get a chance to hear Dance of Death. Meanwhile, you chose oh so wisely--I was gonna do MC after the Maiden polls were over! I'm glad you're doing it instead of me. Now I can move onto the Van Halen polls I've been wanting to pursue for oh so long.

Fat Freddy wrote:
Dark horse pick: "Burial at Sea."
David Wayne's opening SCREEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAMM on that track is effin' EPIC.

You're not alone on this, actually. The scream and dat riffage--it towers over everything else here.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark?   Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark? Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2016 3:10 am

Another great album by MC. Voted for Start the Fire.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark?   Which Metal Church Song Is the Greatest Light in The Dark? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1