Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is your fave obscure band?

Go down 
+21
glassprison
Addy
Grimmo
tohostudios
akeldama
Gilbert
the sentinel
Wurthless
mc666
rajah
Witchfinder
Vexer6
James B.
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
Boris2008
Citanul
Thrasher73
corplhicks
chewie
restlessbreed
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
restlessbreed
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 26

What is your fave obscure band? Empty
PostSubject: What is your fave obscure band?   What is your fave obscure band? Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 9:15 pm

Can be any style.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: What is your fave obscure band?   What is your fave obscure band? Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 9:55 pm

I would have to say artist Kevin Gilbert. He was in Giraffe, Toy Matinee and had a few solo albums. Did some production, engineering and mixing work for Madonna, Marc Bonilla, Keith Emerson and Spock's Beard. Was in the TNMC before Sheryl Crow joined (she was his keyboard player in the touring version of Toy Matinee) and was supposedly going to produce Dream Theaters fourth album(what became Falling Into Infinity) and had auditioned for Genesis(I think they ok'd him) before his untimely death.

oh and performed The Lamb at Progfest 94.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: What is your fave obscure band?   What is your fave obscure band? Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 10:32 pm

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: What is your fave obscure band?   What is your fave obscure band? Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2016 3:35 am

Good call Corpl! Love that Fear Not album.
I'm gonna go with Core Device. I remember Eyesore turned me onto this band a few years back.

Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: What is your fave obscure band?   What is your fave obscure band? Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2016 5:02 am

Falling Mirror

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: What is your fave obscure band?   What is your fave obscure band? Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2016 6:55 am

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37868

PostSubject: Re: What is your fave obscure band?   What is your fave obscure band? Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2016 7:28 am

Probably Bad Biscut - a local NJ sleaze/punk/hard rock band from the early 90s. I saw them live a couple of times back then opening for Joan Jett, Steven Adler and a few others. Always put on a killer show. They sounded like the Ramones doing bong hits with GnR/Skid Row.

Plus, they won an MTV contest by cutting the most bad-ass cover of AC/DC's "Highway to Hell" ever.

They only released one studio album in 1994, tho a couple of archive/odds and ends releases have trickled out since then.

(begin shameless plug) I wrote a blog about'em a while ago if anybody wants to know more:

http://hubpages.com/entertainment/Forgotten-Albums-Bad-Biscut-THE-AMERICAN-DREAM-1994

(end shameless plug)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sat May 28, 2016 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: What is your fave obscure band?   What is your fave obscure band? Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2016 7:34 am

Timeless Miracle!

Are they obscure enough?

If not, then the answer is, easily,

Black Abyss - Their album - Angels Wear Black - is simply amazing.

Last edited by scottmitchell74 on Sat May 28, 2016 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: What is your fave obscure band?   What is your fave obscure band? Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2016 9:05 am

(The Past)
Arcane- from Riverside, California

(The Present)
Switch Off Safety- from Great Falls, Montana

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: What is your fave obscure band?   What is your fave obscure band? Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2016 8:42 pm

Probably Strangeways, they're virtually unknown in the U.S. which is a real shame as they crank out some fantastic melodic rock.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7631

PostSubject: Re: What is your fave obscure band?   What is your fave obscure band? Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2016 8:49 pm

Currently it's probably CC Company from Sweden.

What is your fave obscure band? EwSZWXm
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
rajah
Metal student
Metal student
rajah

Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: What is your fave obscure band?   What is your fave obscure band? Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 1:29 am

The Jam band Moe. Great band.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: What is your fave obscure band?   What is your fave obscure band? Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 5:27 am

Grindweh from Switzerland.

https://myspace.com/grindweh/music/songs

Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: What is your fave obscure band?   What is your fave obscure band? Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 2:31 pm

One of many obscure artists I consider a favorite:

Tyrant (NWOBHM)

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: What is your fave obscure band?   What is your fave obscure band? Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 2:53 pm

I don't know if it counts as obscure on a forum like this but definitely not enough Crossfire love in the metal world these days.

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: What is your fave obscure band?   What is your fave obscure band? Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 4:51 pm

If it's Metal:

From any genre:

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: What is your fave obscure band?   What is your fave obscure band? Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 8:35 pm

rajah wrote:

I don't know if I'd count them as obscure? Not only do they have quite a large and loyal fanbase, but Rolling Stone nearly wet themselves with Tin Cans and Dither. Plus their live video releases have seen pretty good rotation on AXS and Palladia. Either way, a damn good band, even if moreso live than in the studio.

Not sure I'd call Drivin' and Cryin' obscure either since Fly Me Courageous had reached overplay status on the radio back in the day. Nonetheless that is debatable since they have a prolific amount of releases that have been largely ignored.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: What is your fave obscure band?   What is your fave obscure band? Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2016 12:13 am

Boris2008 wrote:
I don't know if it counts as obscure on a forum like this but definitely not enough Crossfire love in the metal world these days.

I agree. This is a very good band and this album ranks among my favourites.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: What is your fave obscure band?   What is your fave obscure band? Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2016 12:15 am

Akbaba a turkish metal band.

Sorry i cannot post a sample now.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: What is your fave obscure band?   What is your fave obscure band? Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2016 4:53 pm

corplhicks wrote:
rajah wrote:

I don't know if I'd count them as obscure? Not only do they have quite a large and loyal fanbase, but Rolling Stone nearly wet themselves with Tin Cans and Dither. Plus their live video releases have seen pretty good rotation on AXS and Palladia. Either way, a damn good band, even if moreso live than in the studio.

Not sure I'd call Drivin' and Cryin' obscure either since Fly Me Courageous had reached overplay status on the radio back in the day. Nonetheless that is debatable since they have a prolific amount of releases that have been largely ignored.

True. But I always think of would the average music fan know of "Band X" when named?
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: What is your fave obscure band?   What is your fave obscure band? Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2016 5:20 pm

Anything featuring Wino.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: What is your fave obscure band?   What is your fave obscure band? Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2016 6:02 pm

the sentinel wrote:

From any genre:

I saw DnC in a little dive bar in New Haven, CT back on their "Smoke" tour.  They were so freakin' loud!   I'd been a DnC fan since the mid 80s when the Vanderbilt college radio station used to play their early stuff like "Keys To Me" and "Whisper Tames The Lion".  Then with Fly Me Courageous and Smoke the band took a hard turn into hard rock territory.  At this concert they were selling T-shirts that read "Turn It Up Or Turn It The F*** Off!".

I thought they put on a great show but my girlfriend was expecting stuff like "Honeysuckle Blue" to dominate the show. Nope. We left as soon as they finished their set so I have no idea if they did an encore or not.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: What is your fave obscure band?   What is your fave obscure band? Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2016 10:07 pm

tohostudios wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

From any genre:

I saw DnC in a little dive bar in New Haven, CT back on their "Smoke" tour.  They were so freakin' loud!   I'd been a DnC fan since the mid 80s when the Vanderbilt college radio station used to play their early stuff like "Keys To Me" and "Whisper Tames The Lion".  Then with Fly Me Courageous and Smoke the band took a hard turn into hard rock territory.  At this concert they were selling T-shirts that read "Turn It Up Or Turn It The F*** Off!".  

I thought they put on a great show but my girlfriend was expecting stuff like "Honeysuckle Blue" to dominate the show.  Nope.  We left as soon as they finished their set so I have no idea if they did an encore or not.

Sincerely, cool story, toho. I love hearing music memories like this one. Smile
Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: What is your fave obscure band?   What is your fave obscure band? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 6:00 am

A New Zealand band called Devout. I have a their sole release on cassette tape and a compilation cd - 2000: The Second Coming that features one of their tracks. I met one of the band members through friends, years ago.
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: What is your fave obscure band?   What is your fave obscure band? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 7:53 am

obscure is a relative term but I would say

John Cafferty & the Beaver Brown Band
Sombrance

I could list a few more but might not match criteria
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your fave obscure band?   What is your fave obscure band? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is your fave obscure band?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: