Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Abattoir record

Go down 
+4
MetalGuy71
nevermore
Gilbert
Stender
8 posters

Favorite Abattoir record
Vicious attack
Favorite Abattoir record Vote_lcap57%Favorite Abattoir record Vote_rcap
 57% [ 4 ]
The only safe place
Favorite Abattoir record Vote_lcap43%Favorite Abattoir record Vote_rcap
 43% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Favorite Abattoir record Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Abattoir record   Favorite Abattoir record Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2016 9:09 pm

Seems like everything I read or hear about these two albums has everyone knocking the only safe place as being kind of a dud compared to the debut 'vicious attack'. I listened to both again today and I think I like vicious attack much more then I did originally, which is your favorite?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Abattoir record   Favorite Abattoir record Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2016 2:46 am

Went for vicious attack, simply because it is the only abattoir cd i own. And it is really good. These guys are still around?
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Abattoir record   Favorite Abattoir record Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2016 3:22 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Went for vicious attack, simply because it is the only abattoir cd i own. And it is really good. These guys are still around?

The second album is more commercial for sure.

I don't think they are up to anything new, a few members are in Anger as art though.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Abattoir record   Favorite Abattoir record Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2016 8:18 pm

I love The Only Safe Place. Great album!!! And that's not knocking Vicious Attack at all.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Abattoir record   Favorite Abattoir record Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2016 9:42 am

The Only Safe Place is the only one I own and heard, so I'm not voting. But it's a damn fine album in my opinion. I tried to find a copy of Vicious Attack for the longest time and eventually gave up trying.

The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Abattoir record   Favorite Abattoir record Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2016 1:04 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
The Only Safe Place is the only one I own and heard, so I'm not voting. But it's a damn fine album in my opinion. I tried to find a copy of Vicious Attack for the longest time and eventually gave up trying.

Hey, Marquee records did a reissue last year just so ya know. greedy
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Abattoir record   Favorite Abattoir record Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2016 1:39 pm

I haven't heard either Abattoir album in dog years so I couldn't even tell ya.

It's funny that this thread popped up tho, cuz just this past weekend I was at my brother's house lookin' thru his CDs and he owns the Century Media reissue of Vicious Attack...when I saw that, I even said to him "Damn, I haven't heard this band in forever." haha.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Abattoir record   Favorite Abattoir record Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2016 3:17 pm

Stender wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Everything I'm coming up with still puts in in the $20-$25 range, which is over my spending cap. It's no biggie. Sometimes you just get over certain things. This is one of those times.

I did however listen to The Only Safe Place this morning though, inspired by this thread. \'arry \'eadbanger

Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 26

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Abattoir record   Favorite Abattoir record Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2016 3:52 pm

Hell yeah! Abattoir ruled in the 80s. Used to have a track on the MM 4 comp vinyl. Good times, good times........
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Abattoir record   Favorite Abattoir record Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2016 4:39 pm

Stender wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Well, hell's bells. I'm listening on YouTube. I didn't know they covered 'Ace of Spades' on their debut. That just put Vicious Attack back on my want-list.

This is different vocalist too, right?

The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Abattoir record   Favorite Abattoir record Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2016 5:38 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Stender wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Well, hell's bells. I'm listening on YouTube. I didn't know they covered 'Ace of Spades' on their debut. That just put Vicious Attack back on my want-list.

This is different vocalist too, right?

Yep, Steve Gaines. Juan Garcia and some other dude got replaced for Only safe place, also.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Abattoir record   Favorite Abattoir record Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2016 10:52 am

You twisted my arm, Stender. I ordered a copy of Vicious Attack from Locky. Hopefully it won't take forever to get here.

Metal student
Metal student
HeavyThrashhead

Number of posts : 214

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Abattoir record   Favorite Abattoir record Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2016 10:26 pm

i had reviewed these albums as apart of my USPM month on my YouTube channel.

but i voted for f*cking Vicious Attack, damn good album and Steve Gaines is one hell of a vocalist. hell even Juan Garcia adds something to the overall vibe, giving it that Agent Steel feeling.

The Only Safe Place i tried to get into but i always come out cold, yet i like that style of Speed/Power Metal but for some reason i feel like they did not reach the level of greatness as Agent Steel's Unstoppable Force wich at times are similar in sound but Abattoir i think fell flat. it's a good album but kinda bores me in places. just me.
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Abattoir record   Favorite Abattoir record Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 5:04 am

From the Ashes/Evil Incarnate is a killer album and deserves proper release, as well.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Abattoir record   Favorite Abattoir record Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 9:06 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
You twisted my arm, Stender. I ordered a copy of Vicious Attack from Locky. Hopefully it won't take forever to get here.

Favorite Abattoir record 25679
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Abattoir record   Favorite Abattoir record Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Abattoir record
Page 1 of 1