Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Abattoir: the only safe place

Go down 
+6
mc666
Temple of Blood
nevermore
jstate
MetalGuy71
Gilbert
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Abattoir: the only safe place Empty
PostSubject: Abattoir: the only safe place   Abattoir: the only safe place Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 11:28 am

Any fans of this band and album?

I was lucky enough to find a new copy of this one.

Great speed metal. Highly recommended headbanger
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Abattoir: the only safe place   Abattoir: the only safe place Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 1:45 pm

I have it, but it's been some time since I've played it. I guess I should remedy that.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Abattoir: the only safe place   Abattoir: the only safe place Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 3:56 pm

Vicious Attack is an all-time favorite of mine. One of my greatest finds at Amoeba. They always have these boxes on the floor waiting to be stocked (most of the employees tend to avoid the metal section work) and there it was. Was a happy day for me.

Were did you find a new copy of The Only Safe Place? They didn't do a re-issue did they? It's a top want of mine.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Abattoir: the only safe place   Abattoir: the only safe place Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 4:52 pm

Fantastic album!!! Abattoir: the only safe place 11840
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Abattoir: the only safe place   Abattoir: the only safe place Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 11:01 pm

I enjoy it but it isn't one of my favorites.

I saw them live about 10 years ago.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Abattoir: the only safe place   Abattoir: the only safe place Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 1:07 am

i have an Abattoir album, but it's the Abattoir from Spain.

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Abattoir: the only safe place   Abattoir: the only safe place Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 2:57 am

jstate wrote:
Vicious Attack is an all-time favorite of mine. One of my greatest finds at Amoeba. They always have these boxes on the floor waiting to be stocked (most of the employees tend to avoid the metal section work) and there it was. Was a happy day for me.

Were did you find a new copy of The Only Safe Place? They didn't do a re-issue did they? It's a top want of mine.
\

My copy is a reissue by century media.

I got it from a guy who is selling his collection, because he is moving to CANADA.

Luck day for me. Still need to get Vicious Attack.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Abattoir: the only safe place   Abattoir: the only safe place Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 11:17 am

May have to track down that re-issue then. Man, if I ever had to sell my collection Vicious Attack would be one of the absolute last ones to go.
Back to top Go down
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: Abattoir: the only safe place   Abattoir: the only safe place Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 12:32 pm

I have both the 80s cds.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Abattoir: the only safe place   Abattoir: the only safe place Icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 11:37 am

Oddball question here...

I'm listening to this album now and I see there is an unlisted track 11 at the end of the record. It's some bar noise (talking, clinking glasses) then it goes into 40 seconds of Scott Joplin's 'The Entertainer'. It's not listed on the cd or on any versions of listings on Metal Archives. Ult makes no mention of the track being there on his website either.

Anyone else have this on their cd or is it some weird misprint?

Here's 'The Entertainer' for those of you that don't know...

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Abattoir: the only safe place   Abattoir: the only safe place Icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 11:47 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Oddball question here...

I'm listening to this album now and I see there is an unlisted track 11 at the end of the record. It's some bar noise (talking, clinking glasses) then it goes into 40 seconds of Scott Joplin's 'The Entertainer'. It's not listed on the cd or on any versions of listings on Metal Archives. Ult makes no mention of the track being there on his website either.

Anyone else have this on their cd or is it some weird misprint?

Here's 'The Entertainer' for those of you that don't know...

It's on my CD copy as well, but it was also on the original vinyl release. The last track - "Night Of The Knife" bled in to that outro. On some CD versions it's pulled out as a separate track.

Here's an original vinyl rip and you can here it here:

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Abattoir: the only safe place   Abattoir: the only safe place Icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 11:51 am

Those wacky kids! Odd that noone mentions it.

Thanks, I thought I was going crazy. Well, crazier.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Abattoir: the only safe place   Abattoir: the only safe place Icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 11:53 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Those wacky kids! Odd that noone mentions it.

Thanks, I thought I was going crazy. Well, crazier.

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Abattoir: the only safe place   Abattoir: the only safe place Icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 2:41 pm

Will check out my cd.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Abattoir: the only safe place   Abattoir: the only safe place Icon_minitimeFri Sep 29, 2017 5:37 pm

Only safe place is alright, I may like vicious attack more though. I dunno if you have any of the Agent steel stuff, Gilbert but both bands shared the same guitarist for awhile. You may like them too.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Abattoir: the only safe place   Abattoir: the only safe place Icon_minitimeFri Sep 29, 2017 10:52 pm

Stender wrote:

Only safe place is alright, I may like vicious attack more though. I dunno if you have any of the Agent steel stuff, Gilbert but both bands shared the same guitarist for awhile. You may like them too.

Hehe i own the entire agent steel discography! Love'em headbanger
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Abattoir: the only safe place   Abattoir: the only safe place Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2017 6:35 am

Their third album, "Evil Incarnate" is killer. Wish it would get a proper issue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Abattoir: the only safe place   Abattoir: the only safe place Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Abattoir: the only safe place
Page 1 of 1