Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Boots

Go down 
+2
MetalGuy71
the sentinel
6 posters
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Boots Empty
PostSubject: Boots   Boots Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2016 10:20 pm

I don't want to condemn an entire populace, but are there any legit sellers from there. I find it hard to believe a seller when they advertise nothing but rare Metal albums from the '80's, have multiple copies for sale (and have already sold multiple copies), and also have different prices for the same album in two separate auctions. Why would you sell a copy of Keel's "Final Frontier" for $25 buy it now and then start an auction for a copy of the same album at $.99? I don't get it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boots   Boots Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 10:26 am

I personally don't trust them. If it's shipping from Greece, I'm going to assume it's a boot, just for the exact reasons you stated. And their shipping rates are usually too high for me as well. Not just Greece, but any international sellers anymore.

Unless I'm buying directly from a label, like High Roller from Germany for example, I don't trust that I'm getting a legit version. I have a few times in the past, but no more. There isn't anything I want that bad anymore.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boots   Boots Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 9:40 pm

Yeah. The last time I bought from an international seller (I got the first 2 Malice albums, the Wounded Bird label remasters) he tried to hold the discs hostage for more money for shipping than the agreed upon price (stated in his shipping rates!) until I threatened to report him to Ebay.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boots   Boots Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 9:58 pm

It's not fair on people who pay for legit copies but things really are desperate in Greece so I guess it's to be expected. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boots   Boots Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 10:47 am

I have to admit I am tempted when I see something rare that I want and it's ridiculously expensive and a boot is real cheap. But, I pass b/c I don't want to feed into the root of the problem. I have never agreed with the argument (that a few buddies have made) that it's okay to buy boots or download illegally b/c the owners of the material are charging too much money.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

Boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boots   Boots Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 12:45 pm

I buy them if it's something I really want on physical format. I know that what I am getting is a bootleg so I don't mind. Some of them are very high quality, but many of them are total crap.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

Boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boots   Boots Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 12:57 pm

I have a handful of boots of rare/hard to find albums, but in each case I knew upfront what I was getting.

If you're paying big $$ for what you think is an original copy on eBay and you end up with a crappy counterfeit, though, that's a whole 'nother ball o'wax.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boots   Boots Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 1:50 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I have a handful of boots of rare/hard to find albums, but in each case I knew upfront what I was getting.

If you're paying big $$ for what you think is an original copy on eBay and you end up with a crappy counterfeit, though, that's a whole 'nother ball o'wax.

When I was trying to reacquire the long-OOP Hanging in the Balance, original copies were outta sight with their price. Lo and behold, I ran across a two disc package of Balance and Live for only 30 bucks--from Greece. I figured, what the hell with that price, and pulled the trigger. Glad I did. The matrix/runoff shows them as boots but I can't even tell. They were perfectly reproduced.

But yeah, 30 bucks is about all I'll spend on anything Grecian.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boots   Boots Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 10:48 pm

I sometimes wonder, if pressed, these guys would actually just fess up and say "yeah of course it's a boot, did you really think I was selling you an original for $7?" Lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boots   Boots Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boots
Page 1 of 1