Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden

Go down 
+18
Thelemech
journeyman
chewie
Thrasher73
Gilbert
MoonChild
Wurthless
MetalGuy71
James B.
Fat Freddy
Witchfinder
glassprison
the sentinel
80s Metal Lady
Citanul
akeldama
corplhicks
22 posters

Best Tune on "Brave New World"
The Wicker Man
Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden Vote_lcap39%Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden Vote_rcap
 39% [ 12 ]
Ghost of the Navigator
Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden Vote_lcap26%Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden Vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
Brave New World
Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden Vote_lcap10%Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden Vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Blood Brothers
Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden Vote_lcap10%Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden Vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
The Mercenary
Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden Vote_lcap0%Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Dream of Mirrors
Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden Vote_lcap6%Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden Vote_rcap
 6% [ 2 ]
The Fallen Angel
Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden Vote_lcap0%Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
The Nomad
 0% [ 0 ]
Out of the Silent Planet
 0% [ 0 ]
The Thin Love Between Love and Hate
Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden Vote_lcap9%Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden Vote_rcap
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31

AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden Empty
PostSubject: Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 11:09 pm

Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden Brave+New+World+Iron+Maiden

Released 29 May 2000
Recorded Summer 1999 – April 2000, Guillaume Tell Studios, Paris
Produced by Kevin Shirley & Steve Harris

One of the best reunion albums ever. Voted for Ghost of the Navigator.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 11:17 pm

Went with Dream Of Mirrors since it's the only song on that album I like. I don't know why I can't get into Brave New World but Dream Of Mirrors is one of my all-time fave IM tunes.
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 11:23 pm

Ghost of the Navigator
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 12:06 am

Going with "The Wickerman Man". I would have voted for "Dream of Mirrors," but it so long and repetitive. It's beautiful, but just goes on and on.

I'm not as big on this album as a lot of fans are.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 7:58 am

This whole album is great and still gets frequent spins from me. I voted "Ghost of the Navigator' but just barely over "The Wicker Man" just barely. I love the live version of Ghost on Rock in Rio.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 8:13 am

I went with the Wicker Man. It is an even keeled album. Every song is spectacular and anyone could get the vote. I decided to just go with the lead off track.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 8:41 am

I went with "Ghost of the Navigator" but I love most of this album. The first three tracks made for awesome back-to-back-to-back openers for the shows on this tour. "Dream of Mirrors" is also great, but I've never cared for the portion of the song where they speed up the chorus.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 8:44 am

"The Wicker Man"
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 9:00 am

"Wicker Man" or "Blood Brothers" for me.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 9:04 am

Just finished listening for the first time..."Wicker Man"

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 10:00 am

'Wicker Man' just because it's such a kick-ass tune. But the whole album smokes. I love it.

Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 10:17 am

glassprison wrote:
"Dream of Mirrors" is also great, but I've never cared for the portion of the song where they speed up the chorus.

I can't stand that part. The chorus is repeated enough as it is.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 1:10 pm

Almost voted for Dream of Mirrors (I don't mind the repetition), but instead I went for the Thin Line Between Love and Hate. This album is fantastic, and I think the further reunion albums capitalized on this one. They haven't had a bad album since, imo.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 1:20 pm

The Wicker Man
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 1:34 pm

Blood brothers. Epic.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 6:05 pm

The Wicker Man
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 7:23 pm

The Wicker Man
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 10:21 pm

Ghost of the navigator. The whole album is great.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 11:35 pm

Fantastic return of Iron Maiden!! Blood Brothers for me - just love that song.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 6:56 am

No more Blaze, thank God! "Ghost of the Navigator" is my favorite among many great songs on this album.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 3:31 pm

Wurthless wrote:
Almost voted for Dream of Mirrors (I don't mind the repetition), but instead I went for the Thin Line Between Love and Hate.

Agreed on both accounts. I also voted for the Thin Line. Terrific song, and a little bit of a different type of Maiden song.

Ghost of the Navigator won the reunion era Maiden song battle.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 8:26 pm

Great album with some real gems, but Ghost Of The Navigator gets my vote.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2016 7:23 am

Could have been any of the songs. Fantastic album, great return to form! I went with the title track. Tomorrow could be Blood Brothers (which is a fantastic song live!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Tune on "Brave New World" by Iron Maiden
Page 1 of 1