Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album?

Go down 
+9
nevermore
Rex
MetalRob331
stepcousin
manny
GrandNational
James B.
Schbopo
ultmetal
13 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album?   Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 10:50 am

What is your favorite Skynyrds albums?

Listening to Skynyrd's First-The Complete Muscle Shoals album at the moment and it's put me in a Skynyrd mood, so I also grabbed 'Pronounced Leh-Nerd Skin-Nerd" to rock next.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album?   Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 11:41 am

Toss up between Pronounced Leenerd Skeenerd and Second Helping. Tuesday's Gone, Simple Man, The Ballad Of Curtis Loewe and Sweet Home Alabama are such great songs.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album?   Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 9:49 pm

"Gold & Platinum". Don't care for Skynyrd outside of their big hits.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album?   Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 11:33 pm

Schbopo wrote:

Those are their worse tunes. You need to start smokin better weed !

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album?   Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 4:02 am

James B. wrote:
Schbopo wrote:

Those are their worse tunes. You need to start smokin better weed !

Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album? Lol
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album?   Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 9:10 am

I'm surprised there aren't more Skynyrd fans on this board.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album?   Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 9:19 am

In my case I have heard so many bar bands destroy so many Lynyrd Skynyrd songs that it made me never want to hear their songs ever again.

But I am somewhat of a fan and if pressed I would choose 'Street Survivors'.

I may eventually build a Skynyrd collection but only with the orignial line up.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album?   Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 9:29 am

manny wrote:

... but only with the orignial line up.

Why?

Skynyrd's line-up changed many times, even over the 70's. Gary Rossington and Ricky Meldlocke are still a part of Sky nyrd and other members such as the late Leon Wilkeson and Billy Powell played on those albums.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album?   Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 10:41 am

I'm a big fan of the 70's albums, pretty much cant go wrong with any of them. Their 80's-now catalog is pretty cool, Ive heard alot of it but I only have one album "Vicious Cycle" and maybe someday I'll get more.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album?   Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 10:48 am

ultmetal wrote:
manny wrote:

Why?

Skynyrd's line-up changed many times, even over the 70's. Gary Rossington and Ricky Meldlocke are still a part of Sky nyrd and other members such as the late Leon Wilkeson and Billy Powell played on those albums.

I didn't feel the post reunion albums where that strong, now I can't say that about their newest one because I have not heard it, and I do like Rick Medlocke when he was in Blackfoot.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album?   Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 11:17 am

I am a huge SKynyrd fan, one of my favorite bands of all time and a huge influence on my guitar playing.

Pronounced has perhaps the best songlist of all there releases. So I will have to go with that one.

But all those discs in the 70's are all amazing and there arent too many bands that can touch that consistency.

Love all the Skynyrd releases and hope they still continue to do what they do...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album?   Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 11:24 am

manny wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
manny wrote:

Why?

I didn't feel the post reunion albums where that strong, now I can't say that about their newest one because I have not heard it, and I do like Rick Medlocke when he was in Blackfoot.

I like all most of the post-reunion albums quite a bit, especially Twenty and Edge of Forever. Vicious Cycle and God & Guns have their moments too.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album?   Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 11:58 am

Manny, check out Edge Of Forever. I'm guessing you'll like it more then you think.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album?   Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 1:58 pm

I only have "The Essentials Lynyrd Skynyrd" 2 disc set and the christmas album they put out a while back. I should get more.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album?   Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 7:11 pm

Second Helping is probably my favorite.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album?   Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 9:24 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Manny, check out Edge Of Forever. I'm guessing you'll like it more then you think.

OK I will check that album and keep an open mind.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album?   Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 9:45 pm

manny wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:

OK I will check that album and keep an open mind.

Edge of Forever is great! Saw that tour and it was fantastic! There were several original members on that album including Gary Rossington, Ricky Meldlocke, Leon Wilkeson and Billy Powel. Also, the late great Hughie Thompson.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album?   Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 10:11 pm

Lynyrd is a band I've been meaning to add to my collection for a long time. Kind of daunting, though, considering how much is out there.

I know nothing by them but the hits. Kind of lame, eh? Haha.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album?   Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 10:19 pm

You know I love 70's Skynyrd but their one album that really never gets any good views and I love is 1991 and the title track Smokestack Lightning.

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album?   Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 11:53 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I'm surprised there aren't more Skynyrd fans on this board.

I am a big Skynyrd fan, mostly the 70's version. I like some of the later releases and enjoy the concerts for nostalgia sake.

Last edited by James B. on Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : elaboration)
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album?   Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 12:19 am

Anything with out Ronnie Van Zandt especially Edge Of Forever.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album?   Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:32 pm

I really like Nuthin' Fancy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album?   Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite LYNYRD SKYNYRD album?
Page 1 of 1