Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2016 releases you picked up so far

Go down 
+31
glassprison
SideShowDisaSter
BearOnUnicycle
ultmetal
John Madden
7thSecond
tohostudios
Runicen
metalinmyveins
Witchfinder
mr.electric39
MetalGuy71
ZombieHavoc
brokentulsa
MoonChild
Troublezone
mc666
Boris2008
Wrecked Neck
choosemetal
Grimmo
Lari
MetalHeartMonsterMan
corplhicks
Wurthless
Fat Freddy
the sentinel
Required Fields
HeavyThrashhead
Gilbert
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

2016 releases you picked up so far - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 releases you picked up so far   2016 releases you picked up so far - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2016 1:23 pm

Michael Sweet - one sided war.

Haven't had the time to play it yet. Can't wait.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: 2016 releases you picked up so far   2016 releases you picked up so far - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2016 11:27 pm

So i played michael sweet's cd. Truly amazing. This will probably be in my top 5 for 2016.

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: 2016 releases you picked up so far   2016 releases you picked up so far - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 9:18 pm

Gilbert wrote:
So i played michael sweet's cd. Truly amazing. This will probably be in my top 5 for 2016.

Do you like it more than the last couple Stryper albums?

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: 2016 releases you picked up so far   2016 releases you picked up so far - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 1:49 pm

I think it is as good as the stryper cd. A bit different but the stryper vibe is still there thankfully.
Back to top Go down
HeavyThrashhead
Metal student
Metal student
HeavyThrashhead

Number of posts : 214

PostSubject: Re: 2016 releases you picked up so far   2016 releases you picked up so far - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 11:02 pm

recently picked up Airbourne's Breakin' Outta Hell
Wretch's self titled debut
Barbarian's Cult of the Empty Grave (wich was a birthday gift)
Santana's IV

but so far this year was me trying to get some classics and stuff that was long overdue to be in my physical collection.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: 2016 releases you picked up so far   2016 releases you picked up so far - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 10:15 am

Since my last post in here, I've added a couple more 2016s...

Admiral Sir Cloudesley Shovell - Keep It Greasy!
Ghost - Popestar ep
High Spirits - Motivator
Kyng - Breathe the Water
Saxon - Baptism of Fire: The Collection 1991-2009
Shiraz Lane For Crying Out Loud
Suicidal Tendencies - World Gone Mad

Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: 2016 releases you picked up so far   2016 releases you picked up so far - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 6:01 pm

how'd you feel about the new Ghost EP? I really loved Square Hammer but the other tracks lacked the same oomph.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: 2016 releases you picked up so far   2016 releases you picked up so far - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2016 2:44 pm

Never checked ghost before. I should.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

PostSubject: Re: 2016 releases you picked up so far   2016 releases you picked up so far - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2016 6:27 pm

Only thing I've picked up this year:

Destruction - Under Attack

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: 2016 releases you picked up so far   2016 releases you picked up so far - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2016 10:57 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:

Is it good? Haven't picked it up yet.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: 2016 releases you picked up so far   2016 releases you picked up so far - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 11:06 am

Wurthless wrote:
how'd you feel about the new Ghost EP? I really loved Square Hammer but the other tracks lacked the same oomph.

It's alright. The thing is with me and eps is that I rarely play them straight-up by themselves. I immediately ripped it to my computer then mix it in with the rest of their catalog. The individual songs blend in with the rest of their music just fine. If I played it by itself, I might feel differently.

Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: 2016 releases you picked up so far   2016 releases you picked up so far - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 12:42 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Wurthless wrote:

It's alright. The thing is with me and eps is that I rarely play them straight-up by themselves. I immediately ripped it to my computer then mix it in with the rest of their catalog. The individual songs blend in with the rest of their music just fine. If I played it by itself, I might feel differently.

i feel that.
i listen to EPs straight through when I don't have time to listen to a full album, generally. i thought the EP was stylistically too scattered, but I could totally see the songs working better on an individual level.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: 2016 releases you picked up so far   2016 releases you picked up so far - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 2:38 pm

Just three.

Avantasia - Ghostlights
Blaze Bayley - Infinite Entanglement
Mystic Prophecy - War Brigade

The last two are pretty good. Not sure I love any of them. I'm sure I'll pick up the new Testament soon. But that could just as well be it for me. Nothing else on the radar at the moment.

I guess there hasn't been much stuff out this year that interests me. I'm probably going to come back ten years from now and end up buying and liking a lot of stuff I just don't know about just yet.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: 2016 releases you picked up so far   2016 releases you picked up so far - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 2:40 pm

No wait, Rage also. I bought that one, too. And I like it a lot. So that's four. But the point remains.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

PostSubject: Re: 2016 releases you picked up so far   2016 releases you picked up so far - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 6:03 pm

Gilbert wrote:
SideShowDisaSter wrote:

Is it good? Haven't picked it up yet.

Yah, it's a solid album. If you like Destruction, you'll enjoy it. Generation Nevermore and Pathogenic are outstanding tracks.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: 2016 releases you picked up so far   2016 releases you picked up so far - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2016 12:34 am

Anyone picked up the new avenged sevenfold album "the stage"? I just read that their new album is out. Only heard the title track and it is awesome.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: 2016 releases you picked up so far   2016 releases you picked up so far - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2016 2:56 am

The biggest surprise of the year (and contender for my album of the year) is Cheap Trick Bang, Zoom, Crazy...Hello. Really impressive release.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: 2016 releases you picked up so far   2016 releases you picked up so far - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2016 5:25 am

Anyone picked up the new avenged sevenfold album "the stage"? I just read that their new album is out. Only heard the title track and it is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: 2016 releases you picked up so far   2016 releases you picked up so far - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 3:20 am

How about the new hammerfall? I guess it is out. Anyone got it?
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: 2016 releases you picked up so far   2016 releases you picked up so far - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 9:23 am

Gilbert wrote:

I was gonna post up in the thread for the album. I didn't buy it (listened on Spotify), but HF used to be one of my all time favorite bands. Last album I bought was Threshold, but I check them all out immediately upon release, and some have been better than others.

The thing here with this new album...it's serviceable. But you can almost hear these dudes yawning the whole time they are playing. They are clearly bored as hell with their chosen  sub-genre of metal, and their attempt to slightly break out of it previously was not accepted well. I feel like their big choruses are barely yells even any more...they just, like, say it and keep going.

It makes for a power metal record that is not bad, but it feels very, very sleepy.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: 2016 releases you picked up so far   2016 releases you picked up so far - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 9:38 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:

The thing here with this new album...it's serviceable. But you can almost hear these dudes yawning the whole time they are playing. They are clearly bored as hell with their chosen  sub-genre of metal

It makes for a power metal record that is not bad, but it feels very, very sleepy.

This sums up pretty much every HammerFall record after Legacy Of Kings for me. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: 2016 releases you picked up so far   2016 releases you picked up so far - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 9:39 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

I was gonna post up in the thread for the album. I didn't buy it (listened on Spotify), but HF used to be one of my all time favorite bands. Last album I bought was Threshold, but I check them all out immediately upon release, and some have been better than others.

The thing here with this new album...it's serviceable. But you can almost hear these dudes yawning the whole time they are playing. They are clearly bored as hell with their chosen  sub-genre of metal, and their attempt to slightly break out of it previously was not accepted well. I feel like their big choruses are barely yells even any more...they just, like, say it and keep going.

I saw that yesterday and thought about getting it, but decided against it. I would probably get it somewhere down the line but it's nowhere near top priority.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: 2016 releases you picked up so far   2016 releases you picked up so far - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 9:40 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:

This sums up pretty much every HammerFall record after Legacy Of Kings for me. Laughing very hard

Ha, I do think they hit their peak with Crimson Thunder personally. Not that, again, there was much.."growth" by their fourth album, but they were all in on that album still. There was the sound of excitement and passion for what they were doing behind the solos and choruses.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: 2016 releases you picked up so far   2016 releases you picked up so far - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 9:54 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:

Ha, I do think they hit their peak with Crimson Thunder personally. Not that, again, there was much.."growth" by their fourth album, but they were all in on that album still. There was the sound of excitement and passion for what they were doing behind the solos and choruses.

Don't get me wrong, I like HF well enough, I own everything up to Threshold, but by that time it had become pretty obvious that they were just releasing the same old bread in a different wrapper every other year.

I was the same way with several of the other late '90s Euro-power metal bands (Iron Savior, Primal Fear, etc.) - I really dug the first album or two, but then it seemed like they all started goin' on auto-pilot from album #3 on.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: 2016 releases you picked up so far   2016 releases you picked up so far - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 9:58 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I like HF well enough, I own everything up to Threshold, but by that time it had become pretty obvious that they were just releasing the same old bread in a different wrapper every other year.

I was the same way with several of the other late '90s Euro-power metal bands (Iron Savior, Primal Fear, etc.) - I really dug the first album or two, but then it seemed like they all started goin' on auto-pilot from album #3 on.

That is definitely true....and reminds of a weird online argument I had with someone in the early 2000s....he told me he hated HF because they rip off Iron Maiden and sound identical to a million other bands that rip of Maiden, like Iced Earth, for example.

I though saying that HF and IE sounded identical was pretty hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2016 releases you picked up so far   2016 releases you picked up so far - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2016 releases you picked up so far
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next