Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

record storage - SORT ORDER

Go down 
+7
chewie
corplhicks
manny
Fat Freddy
Witchfinder
crucifyd
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

record storage - SORT ORDER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: record storage - SORT ORDER   record storage - SORT ORDER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 9:23 pm

You know, I thought about organizing by Genre a few years back but could never bring myself to do it. Alpha just seems to be easiest. And keeping jewel and digi separate woeks good too. I should also mention that I keep boots separate as well. I have a small rack (40 cap.) on top of my computer desk that does the job for now. When that is full I will have to do something different. Maybe put them in with the appropriate band/ artist, or something else entirely?

Do you all leave flex space? Or do you wait until you have a dozen CD's or albums to file and then do it?

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: record storage - SORT ORDER   record storage - SORT ORDER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 1:57 am

Mine are Alphabetically by artist name and release date. That's the easiest for me.Greatest Hits fall within the release year.Comps go in alpha order.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: record storage - SORT ORDER   record storage - SORT ORDER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 8:46 pm

It's funny but, my niece and one of my nephews were at the house earlier today and they actually look for the CD spines that make pictures. They like to remind me that my Saxon and U.D.O. remasters are off by one. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: record storage - SORT ORDER   record storage - SORT ORDER - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

record storage - SORT ORDER
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2