Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal

Go down 
+14
MetalGuy71
MetalRob331
SAHB Healer
kmorg
T-Roy
Wargod
AchrisK
Lurideath
Olafsto
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
ultmetal
mc666
DallasBlack
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal   Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 10:14 pm

Eyesore wrote:
And though it has nothing to do with the music, Sandra is pretty hot. Haha.

Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal - Page 2 Sandra

Hellooo Nurse!!
Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal - Page 2 Nurse10
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal   Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 7:09 pm

Ice Age is a very nice progressive band.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal   Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 7:49 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
Ice Age is a very nice progressive band.
Indeed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal   Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 9:53 am

Along with Venom, I didn't see any Bathory on the site. Bathory has had many faces over the years so I would recommend at least listening to Hammerheart or my favorite, Twilight of the Gods. Although, I love all of Bathory's releases.

But alas, too many CDs too little money and time. I can understand.

Last edited by on Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal   Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 10:03 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Some more bands not mentioned in this forum:

Elis (female fronged goth metal)
Amos (gothic power metal)
Crimson Moonlight (brutal black metal)
Kekal (industrial black metal)
Visions of Atlantis (female fronted symphonic power metal)

I have two Amos CDs, one is reviewed on my site. The other is sitting in a n endless pile of "to-be-reviewed" CDs. I barely ever listen to them but they are ok. I guess I am just not much into the whole 'goth' sound.
http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/amos.htm

I also have:
Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal - Page 2 303_01_15_2007_1_03_40_amosmetal

Crimson Moonlight will probably never make my site. I'm just not a fan of black metal. It bores me.

Kekal I have owned most of their CDs including their early black metal CDs. I wish they would pick a style and stick to it. Their last few albums have been this odd mixture of prog, death, black, jazz, electronic, etc. Also, they always seem to use a drum machine and cannot seem to get a drum sound that doesn't sound totally unnatural for some reason. I just cannot get into these guys.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal   Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 11:15 am

ultmetal wrote:
Crimson Moonlight will probably never make my site. I'm just not a fan of black metal. It bores me.

I understand completly. Black metal is for the most part boring due to the constant screeching and very little melody (that isn't provided by keyboards). Even I only listen to a small amount of it and only when I'm in the mood. I have albums from Crimson Moonlight, Holy Blood, Antestor, etc. (basically only Christian) but I don't listen to them often. The only black metal that I listen to on a regular basis is Borknagar, which is only black metal in the way that Opeth is death metal (in other words it has some black elements but is more along the lines of extreme progressive).

I also agree with you on the Kekal issue (sometimes they are a little too weird) except 1000 Thoughts of Violence which is the most tame of all their albums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal   Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 8:20 pm

I wish Angel Witch were mentioned! Their S/T debut is phonomenal, I'd go so far as to rank it up there with Stained Class, Powerslave or Strong Arm of the Law! NWOBHM!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal   Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 8:56 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I have two Amos CDs, one is reviewed on my site. The other is sitting in a n endless pile of "to-be-reviewed" CDs. I barely ever listen to them but they are ok. I guess I am just not much into the whole 'goth' sound.

http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/amos.htm

I also have:
Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal - Page 2 303_01_15_2007_1_03_40_amosmetal
I've never heard them, but if you're ever interested in trading, let me know. Sounds like a band I'd dig.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal   Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 10:05 pm

What do you have for trade? I might be willing to part if you have something I am looking for.

ult

PostSubject: Re: Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal   Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2007 12:02 am

ultmetal wrote:
What do you have for trade? I might be willing to part if you have something I am looking for.

ult
I doubt I have much you'd be interested in right now, but I'll keep a lookout.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal   Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 8:06 pm

OK, let me know.

ult

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal   Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 4:55 am

even though this band isnt really classified as metal, Alter Bridge new cd Blackbird is def. my front runner for cd of the year.

They have hints of metal, rock, and prog on this cd and mark tremonti just shreds all over this.

I def would recommend this to any fan of any genre of metal. I personally like prog and power metal but this cd just cant be ignored i beg u plz check this out or just go to alterbridge.com the cd is there for streaming..
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal   Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 9:51 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
even though this band isnt really classified as metal, Alter Bridge new cd Blackbird is def. my front runner for cd of the year.

They have hints of metal, rock, and prog on this cd and mark tremonti just shreds all over this.

I def would recommend this to any fan of any genre of metal. I personally like prog and power metal but this cd just cant be ignored i beg u plz check this out or just go to alterbridge.com the cd is there for streaming..

Dude, you getting a percentage of their sales or what?lol! This is the 3rd post about the new Alter Bridge.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal   Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 10:57 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

Dude, you getting a percentage of their sales or what?lol! This is the 3rd post about the new Alter Bridge.

QFT. Who the heck IS Alter Bridge, anyway?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal   Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 11:01 am

I think they are the artists formerly known as Creed. They booted Scott Stapp and re-grouped with a new lead singer.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal   Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 11:05 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I think they are the artists formerly known as Creed. They booted Scott Stapp and re-grouped with a new lead singer.

In that case, I'll pass. Creed = sick
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal   Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 11:53 am

thats the problem ppl think this is just creed with a new singer and thats just not the case. This band is much more melodic and much more metal.

In the case of me posting about them, of course i am goin to post this is one of the best cds i heard in the last 10 yrs..

Ths band is what Rock/Metal should sound like so i sugesst u stop assuming and do some listening..
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal   Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 12:04 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
thats the problem ppl think this is just creed with a new singer and thats just not the case. This band is much more melodic and much more metal.

In the case of me posting about them, of course i am goin to post this is one of the best cds i heard in the last 10 yrs..

Ths band is what Rock/Metal should sound like so i sugesst u stop assuming and do some listening..

Does it differ much from their 1st release? I vaugley remember hearing a single from that and while it didn't sound like Creed, it sounded like a fairly typical modern rock, Clear Channel-approved radio hit. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just not for me.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal   Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 12:13 pm

Other bands that i would like to see are:

Mercenary (METAL)
Pagans Mind (Prog/Power Metal)
Thunderstone (Prog Metal)
Into Eternity (Power/Prog/Death/Metal)
Therion (Symphonic Prog Metal)
Five Finger Death Punch (Thrash/Metal)
Pro-Pain (Traditional/Hardcore)
Power Quest (Prog Metal)
Intense (Metal, along the lines of Iced Earth)
Scar Symmetry (Death/Prog)
Destynation (Prog/power)
Astral Doors (Prog/Power)
Anubis Gate (Prog/Power)
Morifade (Speed Metal)
Magnus Karlsson ( The guitarist behind the brilliant battle cds featuring Jorn Lande and Russell Allen, also in the band The Last Tribe)
Beautiful Sin (Prog Metal ft Guitar Virtuoso Jorn Viggio of Pagans Mind and Jorn)
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal   Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 12:16 pm

the new cd blackbird has taken on its own identity in my eyes and is nowhere near along the lines as there debut cd. There old record label forced them to make music similar to creed and to use them being 3/4 of creed for promoting the record.

Of course there is goin to be some Radio friendly tunes on there because these guys just know how to right great music that needs to be heard.

I suggest u go buy it or at least check out some of the songs on there website alterbridge.com u wont be dissapointed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal   Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 12:47 pm

I'm a fan of Alter Bridge, but then again, I like some modern rock stuff. While I agree they are better than Creed (and more metal). This stuff is still of the hard alternative order.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal   Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 9:32 am

Kategory V, anyone knows about these guys? I have The Rising Anger and must say it is a great work of power metal with a slight progressive edge (very little keybords though from what I could hear). Listening to this at work last night made me think that many of you guys would like them, even those who don't like progressive. They are on Nightmare records (Lance King's company) so you know your looking at some high quality metal.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal   Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 8:31 am

kmorg wrote:
Seven Angels - great music, atrocious vocals!

Just listened to it last night and I am in total agreement. Her voice sounds so strained and unconvincing. They either need to:

a. Get a new vocalist (she's the wife of the chief song writer so that aint happening)
b. Get some voice lessons (she has the potential she just needs a LOT of work) or
c. Have her sing as little as possible and have more of the male vocals (their voices were not too shabby, especially the power vocalist).

Apart from that, I really like the music so I will keep it. However, I will not listen to it as much as I would if the vocals were any better.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal   Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 2:15 am

I don't see any Grand Funk Railroad on your site, highly underrated band.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal   Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 8:25 am

spiritoradio wrote:
I don't see any Grand Funk Railroad on your site, highly underrated band.

Use to own quite a bit on vinyl back in the day. Have also owned a few Mark Farner solo albums. So many great bands, so little room left on my CD shelves. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal   Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bands Not Mentioned on Heart Of Metal
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next