Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iron Maiden Reunion Era Song Battle - Round 4

Go down 
+3
MoonChild
Lari
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

Iron Maiden Reunion Era Song Battle - Round 4 Empty
PostSubject: Iron Maiden Reunion Era Song Battle - Round 4   Iron Maiden Reunion Era Song Battle - Round 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 11:06 am

Down to the final four!

Out of the Silent Planet - vs - Ghost of the Navigator
Brave New World - vs - Dance of Death
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Reunion Era Song Battle - Round 4   Iron Maiden Reunion Era Song Battle - Round 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 1:05 pm

Ghost of the Navigator
Dance of Death
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Reunion Era Song Battle - Round 4   Iron Maiden Reunion Era Song Battle - Round 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 1:36 pm

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Reunion Era Song Battle - Round 4   Iron Maiden Reunion Era Song Battle - Round 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 9:13 am

Ghost
Dance
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Reunion Era Song Battle - Round 4   Iron Maiden Reunion Era Song Battle - Round 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 9:34 am

Ghost of the Navigator
Dance of Death
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Reunion Era Song Battle - Round 4   Iron Maiden Reunion Era Song Battle - Round 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 10:27 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Ghost
Dance

Ghost Dance!!!! hahaha

Cookie!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Reunion Era Song Battle - Round 4   Iron Maiden Reunion Era Song Battle - Round 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 3:22 pm

I think I know my favourites, but since there are only four songs left, I figured I'll just replay them all once again with a critical ear.

I know Silent Planet so well this was a pretty futile thing to try and find anything new in it, but I played the single version (since I recently dug up all my Maiden singles), and it is appealing in a different way in its shortened form. I can't say I prefer it to the album version though. Song itself is very good, and I love the verses. The gallop that gets repeated in every chorus ruins the appeal of the single, but it's just a very catchy, melodic song with a nice buildup. Doesn't blow my mind though.

I played the Rock in Rio version of Ghost of the Navigator, and while the recording is not perfect, it shows the power of this song. Rock fans clapping really can't keep a beat, and I've witnessed it numerous times live myself. It's almost funny how people always awkwardly clap faster than they're supposed to. There's also feedback running through Bruce's microphone, but at least that makes it sound very raw and live. No question it's the better song though, and I actually really like Silent Planet, too. So that should already give you a clue about how I will vote in the final.

I've got the Rock in Rio live disc in the player, so I'll play this live version of Brave New World. And conveniently it's the track following "the Navigator", just like on the studio album. Galloping chorus works well live. This makes me think it's strange they didn't play Silent Planet, since I bet that would have gone over well, too. Those two songs are pretty similar in formula.

Dance of Death is a new attempt at the Number of the Beast, both lyrically and in atmosphere. A mini epic about a nightmare with ghosts and death and hell. Musically it's a little less edgy and snarly than the Beast, but more experimental. Though they've done better before and after this. It's almost pedestrian compared to all those tracks on A Matter of Life and Death, for instance. I still can't believe you guys voted all those amazing tracks out!
Mad

Anyway in the end, the decision here is not hard. Out of the four remaining songs, Brave New World is my least favourite track. So obviously Dance of Death wins this matchup handily, and it seems like other voters agree.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Reunion Era Song Battle - Round 4   Iron Maiden Reunion Era Song Battle - Round 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 6:15 pm

Ghost
Brave
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Reunion Era Song Battle - Round 4   Iron Maiden Reunion Era Song Battle - Round 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 8:34 pm

Ghost of the Navigator
Dance of Death (But just by a hair over BNW)
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Reunion Era Song Battle - Round 4   Iron Maiden Reunion Era Song Battle - Round 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 3:37 am

Results:

Ghost of the Navigator over Out of the Silent Planet (7-0)
Dance of Death over Brave New World (6-1)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden Reunion Era Song Battle - Round 4   Iron Maiden Reunion Era Song Battle - Round 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iron Maiden Reunion Era Song Battle - Round 4
Page 1 of 1