Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites

Go down 
+15
HeavyThrashhead
Boris2008
Hec_The_Wreck
666_Evil_666
Gilbert
nevermore
MetalGuy71
James B.
stormspell
choosemetal
Eyesore
ultmetal
the sentinel
Witchfinder
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites Empty
PostSubject: White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites   White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 5:07 pm

This was just announced by Jarvis Leatherby and the Frost and Fire Fest.  Hard to believe this is happening!

"It's no secret that great festivals are all about reuniting great bands.
In our quest to be one of the great festivals, we are pleased to welcome White Wizard to party! Reuniting for this exclusive one time performance, Jon Leon, James Paul Luna, James Larue, and Tyler Meahl will conjure the spirits of the original White Wizzard lineup to perform their classic debut High Speed GTO.

This lineup only played a handful of shows and hasn't been seen together in over eight years. Let us rejoice in their return even if only for a magical moment at this year's Frost and Fire.
Below are some sentiments from the band members regarding this special occasion.

"I have been working with James J Larue again on a lot of new WW material I have written for a few months now. He has directed and created our new video and laid down some incredible leads already. I have been doing vocals out of necessity and we have kept things pretty low key. I have about 10 songs written and we continue to record in studio as of now, creating and growing the next phase seeing where that may go. During that time we have met and talked with Luna a couple of times and expressed a strong interest in working together again. This show is a first step in seeing if that can come to fruition. I think WW was best when the 4 of us were clicking together and this is a fantastic thing for the fans of WW mk1.

As for the future we will see where it can go. Luna has HG and we are releasing a new single and video today with me on vox. WW is an evolving entity and we do feel strongly about doing more with the original line up. We all have obligations and really this show is a first testing ground for the possibilities of what could be in the future. Either way this is a great thing and I'm very excited to see it happen and we will see what the future holds. See you there! "
JON LEON

"When Jon and LaRue met with me a a year ago we shot the shit and they expressed interest in me working with them again, however I had too much going on with the grail so I had to decline. I don't usually hold grudges so there's no hard feelings there, I feel the Wizzard/ Grail feud was fabricated by the press and labels. Fast forward to 2016- Jarvis hits us up about an original lineup WW reunion and I said "Sure man! What's the harm in one show?". I think the fans of that GTO ep will be really excited to see us play these tunes live. Naturally the next question is if we will be playing more shows or releasing new material, and to that I'd say I can't make any promises with our other obligations and such. For now, we're just focusing on this one show and making it as awesome as we can- if something else comes of it then so be it. Looking forward to revisiting those old tunes again and seeing what happens."
JAMES PAUL LUNA

" I've had a lot of fun adding instrumentation to Jon's new songs. Coming up with video ideas, song concepts, artwork, telling unsavory stories, it's classic fun times. Being able to get creative with a project, it's like taking a really great dump. I'm looking forward to Frost & Fire, lots of really classic bands on that bill. You definitely don't wanna miss that one, guys, you're gonna see people wearin' some killer classic t-shirts."
JAMES LARUE"

www.frostandfirefest.com
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites   White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 9:12 pm

That's cool. I like these guys, although I only have "Flying Tigers" I really like it. I have had the "High Speed GTO" EP in my queue on the bay a few times, but have yet to pull the trigger.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites   White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 9:45 pm

I like White Wizzard. So much great metal out these days.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites   White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 11:26 pm

A lot of people have complained about White Wizzard's albums being subpar after the debut, but I've really enjoyed them. Even the Marathon Of Dreams single, which features Jon Leon on vocals, is quite good.

So yeah, original lineup, whoohoo, I guess.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites   White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 12:19 am

You guys need to fly out for Frost and fire II!
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites   White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 4:58 am

I've been debating with myself if it would be worth to bring Stromspell's mobile store to the F&F metal market, or just go and enjoy the fest as tourist Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites   White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 8:33 am

I like this band. Really good music even with all the lineup changes.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites   White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 8:45 am

Only have the debut EP

Lots of bands I'd dig seeing at that Festival headbanger

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites   White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 9:40 am

Eyesore wrote:
A lot of people have complained about White Wizzard's albums being subpar after the debut, but I've really enjoyed them. Even the Marathon Of Dreams single, which features Jon Leon on vocals, is quite good.

So yeah, original lineup, whoohoo, I guess.

I guess I'm one of them. I love the debut but the subsequent albums have just been ok. I never heard Flying Tigers. Too many other band were picking up on their traditional metal by that point and I lost interest.

Nice to see them reuniting. I hope it leads to a new recording though.

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites   White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 12:33 am

I am surprised people actually like this band. Always thought they were the biggest jokes. They should have stayed broken up because this band is garbage!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites   White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 4:30 am

Death Sentinel wrote:
I am surprised people actually like this band. Always thought they were the biggest jokes. They should have stayed broken up because this band is garbage!

Oh boy...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites   White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 9:44 am

Death Sentinel wrote:

Right on. 'Bout time someone called them out.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites   White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 10:31 am

nevermind

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites   White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 11:22 am

I like White Wizzard but don't love them. So it's not that big of a deal to me if that lineup performs or not. There's lots of way better bands on that bill IMO.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites   White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 12:07 pm

Great band. I proudly own all their studio albums. A new cd would be most welcome.
Back to top Go down
666_Evil_666
Metal student
Metal student
666_Evil_666

Number of posts : 162

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites   White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 11:10 pm

Reunite for a minute, then Jon Leon pisses them off, and they leave in the middle of the show, and leaves him looking for someone else to finish the rest of the set.

Not a bad band, but Jon Leon is a douche F*ck.
Back to top Go down
Hec_The_Wreck
Metal novice
Metal novice
Hec_The_Wreck

Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites   White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 11:11 pm

HAHAHA they make this out like this band is from the old days, I didn't have a clue who they were until I looked them up and their from 2007 HAHAHAHA enough said.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites   White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 11:20 pm

Hec_The_Wreck wrote:
HAHAHA they make this out like this band is from the old days, I didn't have a clue who they were until I looked them up and their from 2007 HAHAHAHA enough said.

Back to top Go down
666_Evil_666
Metal student
Metal student
666_Evil_666

Number of posts : 162

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites   White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 11:23 pm

White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites Giphy
Back to top Go down
HeavyThrashhead
Metal student
Metal student
HeavyThrashhead

Number of posts : 214

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites   White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 11:30 pm

i'm one of those who never got into White Wizzard.

Over the Top was the only album i dug by 'em but even i found that album to be kinda...meh...to me there are just better band within' this NWOTHM (New Wave of Traditional Heavy Metal) movement.

also i have to agree that Jon Leon is indeed infact a egotistical dickhead who just can't get along with anyone but himself, seriously though, screw this guy.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites   White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 6:58 pm

I like WW but they never really stood out to me for anything other than the amusement in having trouble retaining lead vocalists.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites   White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2016 11:06 am

New tune...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites   White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2016 11:08 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
New tune...

Not a bad tune, but that mid-section before the solos is weak as hell.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites   White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2016 1:24 pm

New tune is ok.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites   White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2016 6:31 pm

I like White Wizzard, overall. High Speed GTO was fantastic, Over the Top was really good. Then they sort of lost me. This new track was kind of underwhelming.

I am definitely more of a fan of Holy Grail, as they've been way more consistent. And I think James Paul Luna is one of the better singers in the NWOTHM scene.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites   White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

White Wizzard - Original Lineup Reunites
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next