Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche

Go down 
+20
Required Fields
80s Metal Lady
Eyesore
nevermore
Gilbert
Fat Freddy
James B.
MetallicSeminarian
Thrasher73
MoonChild
metalken
journeyman
the sentinel
Wurthless
chewie
thejokeriv
Lari
Witchfinder
DakotaRogers
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Walk in the Shadows
 Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche Vote_lcap43% Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche Vote_rcap
 43% [ 13 ]
I Dream in Infrared
 Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche Vote_lcap10% Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche Vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
The Whisper
 Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche Vote_lcap7% Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche Vote_rcap
 7% [ 2 ]
Gonna Get Closer to You
 Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche Vote_lcap0% Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
The Killing Words
 Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche Vote_lcap13% Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche Vote_rcap
 13% [ 4 ]
Surgical Strike
 Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche Vote_lcap10% Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche Vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
Neue Regel
 10% [ 3 ]
Chemical Youth (We Are Rebellion)
 Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche Vote_lcap0% Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
London
 Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche Vote_lcap3% Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Screaming in Digital
 Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche Vote_lcap3% Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
I Will Remember
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 30

AuthorMessage
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche Empty
PostSubject: Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche    Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 5:51 pm

It's been long enough, I guess. Here's Queensrÿche's sophomore opus, Rage for Order. \'arry \'eadbanger

Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche QUEENSRYCHE%2B-%2BRage%2BFor%2BOrder%2B%255BSHM-CD%2BRemastered%2B%252B4%255D%2Bfront

Recorded at M.D.H. Studios, Bellevue, WA; Le Mobile Remote Sound Studio; Mushroom Studios, Vancouver, Canada (1985–1986)

Released: June 27th, 1986

Produced by Neil Kernon

Geoff Tate - Vocals, Keyboard
Chris DeGarmo - Guitars, Vocals
Michael Wilton - Guitars
Eddie Jackson - Bass, Vocals
Scott Rockenfield - Drums, Percussion

Tunes
Walk in the Shadows
I Dream in Infrared
The Whisper
Gonna Get Closer to You (Dalbello cover)
The Killing Words
Surgical Strike
Neue Regel
Chemical Youth (We Are Rebellion)
London
Screaming in Digital
I Will Remember

"The album explored social/personal, political and technological themes, among others highlighting the dangers of artificial intelligence and government intrusion. The concept of robotics would also be emphasized through the use of staccato rhythms and vocal effects such as a reverse echo."

This one was a tough choice for me, but I'm going with "Surgical Strike", followed by "I Dream in Infrared", and "Walk in the Shadows".

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7627

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche    Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 5:52 pm

"Walk In The Shadows"
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche    Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 5:52 pm

Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche 6681171f84a0351e550d44c901e83b8a
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6373

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche    Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 6:00 pm

Can I cast a negative vote to Gonna Get Close To You? All the other songs are good or great.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche    Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 6:06 pm

Lari wrote:
Can I cast a negative vote to Gonna Get Close To You?

I was always put off by the rape-y vibe of that song, but I suppose the chorus (or whatever you'd call it) is pretty catchy.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40466

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche    Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 6:33 pm

The Whisper
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche    Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 7:29 pm

Gonna Get Close To You by a mi....... Nope, hate that song, almost didn't buy the album because that's the first song I heard!

Went with Dream
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40466

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche    Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 8:36 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Gonna Get Close To You by a mi....... Nope, hate that song, almost didn't buy the album because that's the first song I heard!

I avoided the album for the longest time for the same reason. I got assurances from numerous people that the rest of the album was not like that song. Over time I've grown to tolerate the tune but it's easily the worst on the album.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche    Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 9:16 pm

This one is an easy one for me: Neue Regel. I actually like Gonna. It has a nice creepy vibe that fits the rest of the album.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche    Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 10:29 pm

I voted for Walk in the Shadows, but easily could've voted for any track. I even like Gonna Get Close to You.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche    Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 10:55 pm

Every song here is great (well the DalBello cover tune is alright) but I went with "Screaming In Digital" for the win.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche    Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 11:35 pm

I remember my cover looking slightly different. I went with Walk in the Shadows. Wasn't too impressed with this at the time, and thought it would have been a whole lot better without all of the studio stuff. The riffs were there.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche    Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 12:41 am

This is my favourite Queensryche release. I went with Walk In The Shadows, but all tracks are great.

Odd seeing all the dislike for "Gonna Get Close To You".Being a Canadian, the Lisa Dalbello song was well known to me as it was an early eighties radio standard up here, and it was kind of crazy that Queensryche would do a cover of it and I think they do a pretty fine rendition.

I did catch them for the first time live on this tour, and they opened with Neue Regal; which may be a tie for me as best/favourite from this one.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche    Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 1:12 am

Walk in the Shadows.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche    Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 3:48 am

This is the first Queensryche album I owned. I voted Walk in the Shadows.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche    Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 7:28 am

Going with Neue Regel. Could've easily picked Walk in the Shadows, The Whisper, or The Killing Words.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12752

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche    Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 8:55 am

"Neue Regel"

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37851

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche    Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 9:39 am

"Surgical Strike!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9933

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche    Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 9:51 am

Walk in the shadows. By far...
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26403

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche    Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 10:32 am

The Killing Words just barely over Walk In The Shadows and I Will Remember.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche    Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 10:51 am

My favorite Ryche album. Absolutely fantastic. Not sure I can even pick an accurate favorite, to be honest. So many great songs. Such a unique album, too.

And I dig "Gonna Get Close to You." Terrible choice for a lead-off single, though. Something tells me Geoff pushed for that one.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche    Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 6:01 pm

OK, I finally listened to this enough to make a decision. Nothing really jumped out at me, but "Walk In The Shadows" is good, so that's what I chose. "Surgical Strike" and "I Dream In Infrared" were considerations, too.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28594

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche    Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 9:44 pm

I voted for Surgical Strike, with honorable mentions going to The Killing Words and Neue Regel.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche    Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 11:20 pm

I Dream in Infrared
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche    Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 3:20 am

Their masterpiece. It's a tie between The Whisper and The Killing Words.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche    Best Tune on "Rage for Order" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next