Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche

Go down 
+14
Eyesore
the sentinel
Runicen
metalinmyveins
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
Gilbert
Lari
stpatrik
80s Metal Lady
Fat Freddy
MoonChild
DakotaRogers
18 posters

Arrow of Time
Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche Vote_lcap14%Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche Vote_rcap
 14% [ 3 ]
Guardian
Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche Vote_lcap32%Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche Vote_rcap
 32% [ 7 ]
Hellfire
Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche Vote_lcap9%Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche Vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Toxic Remedy
Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche Vote_lcap9%Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche Vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Selfish Lives
Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche Vote_lcap0%Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Eye9
Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche Vote_lcap0%Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Bulletproof
Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche Vote_lcap23%Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche Vote_rcap
 23% [ 5 ]
Hourglass
Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche Vote_lcap5%Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Just Us
Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche Vote_lcap5%Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
All There Was
 0% [ 0 ]
Condition Hüman
 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche Empty
PostSubject: Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2016 12:16 am

Wasn't too sure if anyone (much less myself) would be interested in any of the albums post-Promised Land, so I'm skipping ahead to their latest release, Condition Hüman.

Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche Queensryche.Condition%2BHuman.2015

Recorded at Uberbeatz Studios in Lynnwood, Washington, USA, February–May 2015.

Released: October 2nd, 2015

Produced by Chris "Zeuss" Harris

Eddie Jackson - Bass, Vocals (backing)
Scott Rockenfield - Drums
Michael Wilton - Guitars
Parker Lundgren - Guitars
Todd La Torre - Vocals (lead)

Tunes
Arrow of Time
Guardian
Hellfire
Toxic Remedy
Selfish Lives
Eye9
Bulletproof
Hourglass
Just Us
All There Was
The Aftermath
Condition Hüman
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2016 12:17 am

Going with "Guardian," but the first 3 and "Bulletproof" are obvious standouts.

Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2016 12:56 am

I go with Guardian as well, over Arrow of Time.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37851

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2016 7:17 am

"Arrow of Time" for me.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 11:45 pm

Finally had a chance to listen to this and "Guardian" jumped out for me right away. Easy choice.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 12:08 am

I first listened to this album after I went to see Sanctuary in Louisville.

I ate at a cheap middle-eastern Subway knockoff at a mall, and eventually wound up with food poisoning. It really started to set in after the concert when I was practically deaf. I was up all night at the hotel voiding my bowels every 5 minutes. It was like 5 in the morning, and I said "F*ck this," and decided to set out on the 4 hour trip back home. I was dehydrated and severely deprived of sleep (as I was too excited to sleep the night before as well).

I immediately put this album on for the first time to get me through the never ending ride home, which helped a great deal. I missed a turnoff somewhere in Salyersville, and the GPS took me through a paved gravel trail up a hill that f*cked my stomach up even more. I eventually gave in and let my girlfriend take the wheel, as I was in excruciating pain and could no longer stay awake. She also convinced me to go to the hospital.

The album played on repeat 5-6 times and she was too worried and upset to turn it off, and I laid there going in and out of consciousness hearing the same damn songs over and over and over again to the point it made me want to f*cking vomit (even more than I already did.)

Halfway there, I decided that I couldn't wait the extra hour to get to the hospital in my area and made the mistake of stopping at this hick-ass hospital in Prestonsburg. The waiting room was jam-packed with inbred pillhead-types, and I ended up waiting for 2 and a half hours before giving up and walking out.

TL;DR: My memories of this album are f*cked, and I will always think of this bullshit every time I listen to this great CD.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 1:08 am

Damn, that sounds like a nightmare. pale
Back to top Go down
stpatrik
Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 4:45 pm

How come so few votes? This is an amazing album and there must be quite a few Queensrÿche fans here.

Anyway, I chose "Toxic Remedy", but could just as well have chosen "Eye 9" & "Just Us". I love this album, it sits alongside Tribulation for top album of last year for me.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40466

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 6:16 pm

Haven't heard this one yet.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6373

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 6:54 pm

DakotaRogers: great story.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9933

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 12:36 am

Guardian.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 1:34 am

This album was in my top 5 last year. It's a great listen. I voted Guardian.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 11:16 am

stpatrik wrote:
How come so few votes? This is an amazing album and there must be quite a few Queensrÿche fans here.

I didn't warm up to this album as much as I hoped. I'd have to give it a fresh spin to determine what song, if any, stands out to me.

Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 3:40 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
stpatrik wrote:

I didn't warm up to this album as much as I hoped. I'd have to give it a fresh spin to determine what song, if any, stands out to me.

Yeah it is a more required listen than the S/t, but I found it to be awesome when it did sunk in.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 4:49 pm

stpatrik wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
stpatrik wrote:

Yeah it is a more required listen than the S/t, but I found it to be awesome when it did sunk in.

Yea, I really enjoyed the s/t with Todd and had high expectations for the follow-up which never came to fruition. I'll be revisiting it soon though.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 7:43 am

It would be easy to go with "Arrow of Time", but I'm going to go with the epic "Condition Human"
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 11:24 am

I really wanted to like this album, but the songs ran together in this mid-tempo "prog metal" mush that not even Tate's "Operation: Mindcrime" touched. I know, heresy, right?

That out of the way, "Just Us" gave me a sign that there was still some life in the band.

I need to give this one another solid playthrough or two, but it really left me cold the few times I gave it a spin. What I can't quite make up my mind on is how much of my dislike is down to the pretty dynamic-free production and how much is the songs themselves (i.e. if this album was produced in 1987, would the songs connect or are they underwhelming on their own?).
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 5:17 pm

Hellfire, but just barely over Arrow and Bulletproof. I really like this one. I listened to the self titled from 2013 last night, and although I like it too, "Condition" is a much better album in my opine. I think they have gelled as a band and have sort of come into their own. The s/t had the vibe of the QR of old, whereas the new album has the feeling of the old Queensryche.

Runicen, if this was produced and released in 1987/88 I think it would be even heavier and I would certainly dig it. I can't make the mistake of comparing it to QR of that era, I would have to pretend those didn't exist and these were in their stead. I don't want to derail the threads original premise with comparisons to Tate's current and recent solo output, but the word "underwhelming" is how I feel about GT's music. I don't hate it, I just hear it and wish it were better.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 8:02 am

the sentinel wrote:
Hellfire, but just barely over Arrow and Bulletproof. I really like this one. I listened to the self titled from 2013 last night, and although I like it too, "Condition" is a much better album in my opine. I think they have gelled as a band and have sort of come into their own. The s/t had the vibe of the QR of old, whereas the new album has the feeling of the old Queensryche.

Runicen, if this was produced and released in 1987/88 I think it would be even heavier and I would certainly dig it. I can't make the mistake of comparing it to QR of that era, I would have to pretend those didn't exist and these were in their stead. I don't want to derail the threads original premise with comparisons to Tate's current and recent solo output, but the word "underwhelming" is how I feel about GT's music. I don't hate it, I just hear it and wish it were better.

"I don't hate it, I just hear it and wish it were better." That probably sums up the feeling towards Tate from just about anyone still holding out hope for the guy. Laughing

I definitely need to give this and the self-titled another appraisal, but both of them underwhelmed me. The production was a part of it, but they both feel like superficial recreations of QR rather than QR. Think of it like a foil wrapper on chocolate. The chocolate can be shaped however you want and it's still tasty, but if you look at the foil on a chocolate car and expect a sweet ride, you'll be disappointed when the wrapping comes off - even if what's actually in it is ok.

What Tate's doing at least attempts some sonic variety. The songs may not be much to phone home about, but the attempt is more obvious and that's closer to the QR spirit of always throwing in that weirdness. Though, being perfectly honest, I'm the guy who wants another Rage for Order and we all know THAT is never going to happen. lol!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 4:05 am

Toss up between "Hellfire" and "Condition Human" for me, though I picked the former because it's more immediate, you know.

Fantastic album, though.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 3:59 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Fantastic album, though.

A little late, But I Agree100%

I have been on a Queensryche roll of late. Love the s/t cd constant play. I am now listening to
"Condition Human" A better sounding recording imho. Such a solid cd, Picking a favorite song is hard! I will Just keep it on repeat and enjoying what I hear..

I plan on seeing Queensryche in Jackson, Ca later this year. Going with my brother, A road trip..headbanger

Next week I will open up and listen to "The Verdict"
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2019 8:50 am

The Verdict is excellent as well. The guys are on a roll with La Torre at the helm.

What is most surprising about the last two albums is that Eddie Jackson is writing songs, which I'm pretty sure he never did up until this point. He contributed to songs, but never got a sole writing credit until now.

He wrote "Eye9" and the bonus track "46° North" from Condition Human, and on The Verdict he wrote "Light-Years" and "Propaganda Fashion."

Last edited by Eyesore on Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2019 9:31 am

Somehow I missed this but I vote Bulletproof though their are many great songs on here.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 667

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2019 1:25 am

Great album, but definitely Bulletproof.
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2019 5:16 pm

Toxic Remedy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "Condition Hüman" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1