Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche

Go down 
+27
80s Metal Lady
manny
candlemass
DevZor
Shawn Of Fire
Leatherface
journeyman
Wurthless
MetalGuy71
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
James B.
Gilbert
Glower
MetallicSeminarian
Lari
Boris2008
Thrasher73
Citanul
MoonChild
Eyesore
the sentinel
Temple of Blood
Witchfinder
chewie
Required Fields
DakotaRogers
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Warning
Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche Vote_lcap9%Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche Vote_rcap
 9% [ 3 ]
En Force
Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche Vote_lcap0%Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Deliverance
Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche Vote_lcap0%Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No Sanctuary
Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche Vote_lcap3%Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
NM 156
Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche Vote_lcap12%Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche Vote_rcap
 12% [ 4 ]
Take Hold of the Flame
Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche Vote_lcap50%Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche Vote_rcap
 50% [ 17 ]
Before the Storm
Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche Vote_lcap3%Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Child of Fire
Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche Vote_lcap6%Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche Vote_rcap
 6% [ 2 ]
Roads of Madness
Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche Vote_lcap17%Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche Vote_rcap
 17% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 34

AuthorMessage
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche Empty
PostSubject: Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 8:42 pm

I've decided to take it upon myself to commandeer the Queensrÿche series of polls. I'm skipping their self-titled EP, as I'm sure most of us can agree that "Queen of the Reich" is easily the best song off that album, and the best song in their discography in general.

Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche MIYZhFP

Recorded in London, England at Angel Recordings, Audio International, Abbey Road Studios, and Mayfair Recording. Mixed at Record One (1983-84)

Released: September 7th, 1984

Produced by James Guthrie

Michael Wilton - Guitars
Eddie Jackson - Bass
Scott Rockenfield - Drums
Geoff Tate - Vocals
Chris DeGarmo - Guitars, Vocals

Tunes
Warning
En Force
Deliverance
No Sanctuary
NM 156
Take Hold of the Flame
Before the Storm
Child of Fire
Roads of Madness

The Warning is a concept album about environmental destruction through the over-reliance of technology, inspired by world events and the 1949 George Orwell novel Nineteen Eighty-Four.

My favorite song is No Sanctuary, followed closely by NM 156.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28594

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 8:58 pm

Take Hold of the Flame, followed by Roads to Madness and Deliverance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 9:09 pm

I voted for NM 156. It points to the direction that they would go in on RFO and it's just a killer tune.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7627

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 9:12 pm

I picked "Take Hold Of The Flame." It's the first Queensryche song I ever heard and I still love it. Great album as a whole though.

Also, my favorite track off the EP is "Nightrider."
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 9:22 pm

I like this album but it hasn't held up as well over the years as other Uspm releases. The vocals really carry the songs and the guitar work is really average, especially on the wilt on songs. DeGarmo played a lot better stuff on mind crime and empire.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 9:26 pm

Ahh, my fave Queensryche album. I voted NM156 with "Take Hold of the Flame" a very close second. By the way, my favorite track off the EP would be "Lady Wore Black" with "Queen of the Reich" second. Does anyone no what the "NM" stands for? New/ Next Machine? Maybe?
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 9:37 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Does anyone no what the "NM" stands for? New/ Next Machine? Maybe?

Number Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 9:54 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

Number Laughing very hard

Yup. Says it right in the song. Haha.

Anyway, this album has held up quite well. Start to finish, it's a killer album. I voted for "Roads to Madness," though I could have easily picked "Deliverance."
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 11:37 pm

NM 156
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 2:20 am

Take Hold of the Flame
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 2:23 am

Take hold of the Flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 2:53 am

The best Queensrÿche album. My vote goes to "Roads to Madness", which is an epic ten minutes of USPM aggression.

Apart from the self-titled EP, The Warning is as heavy as it gets for this band.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 7:01 am

the sentinel wrote:

Nice Mullets!  lol!
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 7:18 am

Boris2008 wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

Nice Mullets!  lol!

Is there such a thing?
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6373

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 7:24 am

DakotaRogers wrote:
I'm sure most of us can agree that "Queen of the Reich" is easily the best song off that album, and the best song in their discography in general.

That's a pretty bold statement I don't know I can agree with. But whatever, the Warning - I love it. Probably my favourite 'Ryche record. Nothing not to like, so it's a little bit hard to pick a single favourite.

I think I'll play it and come back to this thread later.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 7:35 am

Roads to Madness for me, followed closely by Take Hold of the Flame.

My favorite from the ep is The Lady Wore Black.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40466

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 8:03 am

Take Hold Of The Flame. It's a pretty solid album start to finish.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3218

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 8:33 am

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9933

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 8:33 am

Take hold of the flame.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12752

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 9:22 am

"Child of Fire"

It was pretty lame to dismiss the EP (IMHO)

Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 9:38 am

James B. wrote:
It was pretty lame to dismiss the EP (IMHO)

Feel free to make the topic yourself there, pollmaster.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 9:47 am

Warning.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 9:51 am

Another for 'Take Hold of the Flame'

Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 9:52 am

Man, this is one of my favorite metal releases, so picking a favorite track is nearly impossible.

I think my vote will have to go to Take Hold of the Flame, though it easily could've went to Child of Fire or No Sanctuary.

And I've seen lots of people complain about lack of memorable riffing, but I don't get it. There are tasty riffs all throughout; I can't even look at the song titles without them playing in my head.

Also, Geoff Tate's vocals are superhuman on this shit. If I could sing like that I'd never not sing. People would hate me haha.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 12:22 pm

My first from them. Take Hold of the Flame. Warning and child of fire are also top picks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: