Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I was WRONG about Rage for Order...

Go down 
+18
Temple of Blood
A Handful of Wayne
kmorg
Lurideath
metalinmyveins
nevermore
stepcousin
Eyesore
chewie
thejokeriv
manny
James B.
Alex Dee Rokket
ultmetal
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
exact33
mr.electric39
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

I was WRONG about Rage for Order... Empty
PostSubject: I was WRONG about Rage for Order...   I was WRONG about Rage for Order... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 12:31 pm

I'm here to eat crow after just ripping on this album mercilessly for years .....

I picked up a used copy to give it another shot.... and it is a great disc.....

I think I just wanted 'heavier' stuff and this album isn't 'heavier' i.e. Metallica, Megadeth.... don't misunderstand I never expected them to thrash or anything like that.... The album was very produced as opposed to their previous outings...

Long and short of it is this record is fabulous.

I was WRONG about Rage for Order... 438278
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23270

PostSubject: Re: I was WRONG about Rage for Order...   I was WRONG about Rage for Order... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 12:34 pm

I was WRONG about Rage for Order... 25679

as one who is generally wrong about bands until I listen later, its never too late to get into a band or album!

PostSubject: Re: I was WRONG about Rage for Order...   I was WRONG about Rage for Order... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 12:34 pm

Better late then never. Great album.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37867

PostSubject: Re: I was WRONG about Rage for Order...   I was WRONG about Rage for Order... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 1:11 pm

Join the club. I dismissed R.F.O. for many years as well, and didn't really "discover" it till it was over a decade old.

That damn "Gonna Get Close To You" video scared me off back in '85 and I didn't bother to check out the rest of the album till I bought a used copy many years later. Then, of course, I was like "(*smacks forehead*)" Haha.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: I was WRONG about Rage for Order...   I was WRONG about Rage for Order... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 1:18 pm

Brilliant album and my favorite Queensryche disc for many years...

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: I was WRONG about Rage for Order...   I was WRONG about Rage for Order... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 1:27 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Join the club. I dismissed R.F.O. for many years as well, and didn't really "discover" it till it was over a decade old.

That damn "Gonna Get Close To You" video scared me off back in '85 and I didn't bother to check out the rest of the album till I bought a used copy many years later. Then, of course, I was like "(*smacks forehead*)" Haha.

I bought it back in 86 when it came out..... and HATED it......
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: I was WRONG about Rage for Order...   I was WRONG about Rage for Order... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 2:57 pm

Plus it was a good look for them...
I was WRONG about Rage for Order... 3197343720_c4a58de2b0_o

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37867

PostSubject: Re: I was WRONG about Rage for Order...   I was WRONG about Rage for Order... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 2:59 pm

Laughing very hard Tate looks like he's auditioning for a road-show version of "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band."

Did they wear those outfits onstage when they toured for that record? Man, that must've been a sight.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: I was WRONG about Rage for Order...   I was WRONG about Rage for Order... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 3:16 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Plus it was a good look for them...
I was WRONG about Rage for Order... 3197343720_c4a58de2b0_o

NO WONDER I was thinking SELL OUT !!!!

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

that looks was sick sick sick sick sick sick
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: I was WRONG about Rage for Order...   I was WRONG about Rage for Order... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 3:44 pm

For when it was released this album sounded both dark and futuristic. Yes it's like a 80s version of the future, but whenever I listen to this album I feel like I'm in Bladerunner or Terminator (during the nuclear war scenes).

For me, this has always been Ryche's best album - I rate it higher than Mindcrime or Empire.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12760

PostSubject: Re: I was WRONG about Rage for Order...   I was WRONG about Rage for Order... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 4:04 pm

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
For when it was released this album sounded both dark and futuristic. Yes it's like a 80s version of the future, but whenever I listen to this album I feel like I'm in Bladerunner or Terminator (during the nuclear war scenes).

For me, this has always been Ryche's best album - I rate it higher than Mindcrime or Empire.

I respect your opinion but the EP is the best thing they ever did. I can say that I enjoy "Rage For Order" more today than when it hit the streets.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: I was WRONG about Rage for Order...   I was WRONG about Rage for Order... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 4:17 pm

I loved 'Rage With Order' even if Queensryche looked like they were auditioning for Prince and the Revolution on the cover.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: I was WRONG about Rage for Order...   I was WRONG about Rage for Order... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 4:19 pm

Love this album and did when it first came out!!! Almost didn't buy it because of the first single, but someone else told me the rest of the album didn't sound like that - and I was glad I listened and picked it up!!!!
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: I was WRONG about Rage for Order...   I was WRONG about Rage for Order... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 2:02 am

Yes, they did wear those outfits when they opened for AC/DC.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: I was WRONG about Rage for Order...   I was WRONG about Rage for Order... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 1:48 pm

I keep waiting for OCI to show up and give me grief... or Ult even! I was pretty harsh on this disc.....
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: I was WRONG about Rage for Order...   I was WRONG about Rage for Order... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 2:34 pm

My favorite QR album. This one is just brilliant, in my opinion. Front to back.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: I was WRONG about Rage for Order...   I was WRONG about Rage for Order... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 2:38 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:

I keep waiting for OCI to show up and give me grief... or Ult even! I was pretty harsh on this disc.....

we can handle it Smile

mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: I was WRONG about Rage for Order...   I was WRONG about Rage for Order... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 3:01 pm

I was WRONG about Rage for Order... 543534 I was WRONG about Rage for Order... 543534 I was WRONG about Rage for Order... 543534

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

Happy
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: I was WRONG about Rage for Order...   I was WRONG about Rage for Order... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 3:07 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:
I was WRONG about Rage for Order... 543534 I was WRONG about Rage for Order... 543534 I was WRONG about Rage for Order... 543534

Happy

dont upset the bumble whip

mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: I was WRONG about Rage for Order...   I was WRONG about Rage for Order... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 3:30 pm

exact33 wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:

Happy

always thought that Bumbles bounce?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: I was WRONG about Rage for Order...   I was WRONG about Rage for Order... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 3:31 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:
exact33 wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:

Happy

always thought that Bumbles bounce?

they do - and you dont want to be under one Smile

mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: I was WRONG about Rage for Order...   I was WRONG about Rage for Order... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 3:37 pm

I was WRONG about Rage for Order... 647664
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: I was WRONG about Rage for Order...   I was WRONG about Rage for Order... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 8:23 pm

James B. wrote:
Alex Dee Rokket wrote:

I respect your opinion but the EP is the best thing they ever did. I can say that I enjoy "Rage For Order" more today than when it hit the streets.

I liked it when it came out and I love it now. I agree that it's better than Mindcrime and Empire, but it's not as good as the EP or The Warning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I was WRONG about Rage for Order...   I was WRONG about Rage for Order... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 8:29 pm

stepcousin wrote:

I liked it when it came out and I love it now. I agree that it's better than Mindcrime and Empire, but it's not as good as the EP or The Warning.

I mostly agree with that (not sure about Empire, I would have those about tied), but the rest is spot on. Rage was an album I liked at the time, but re-discovered it about a decade later and loved it. I can still listen to that record, where I'm pretty much burnt on anything that came out afterwards.

Mindcrime is not a record that I still enjoy, so I would definitely spin Rage first.

I Will Remember is still my favorite Queensryche ballad.

Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: I was WRONG about Rage for Order...   I was WRONG about Rage for Order... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 5:06 am

detuned wrote:

Mindcrime is not a record that I still enjoy

ya know, I'm totally in the minority here but I don't think Mindcrime is all that great either. I don't hate it, in fact I like it very much (it is 1980's Queensryche) but most people think it is totally awesome and phenominal and I dont agree.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I was WRONG about Rage for Order...   I was WRONG about Rage for Order... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I was WRONG about Rage for Order...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next