Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche

Go down 
+27
80s Metal Lady
manny
candlemass
DevZor
Shawn Of Fire
Leatherface
journeyman
Wurthless
MetalGuy71
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
James B.
Gilbert
Glower
MetallicSeminarian
Lari
Boris2008
Thrasher73
Citanul
MoonChild
Eyesore
the sentinel
Temple of Blood
Witchfinder
chewie
Required Fields
DakotaRogers
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Warning
Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 3 ]
En Force
Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Deliverance
Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No Sanctuary
Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
NM 156
Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 4 ]
Take Hold of the Flame
Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Vote_lcap50%Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 50% [ 17 ]
Before the Storm
Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Child of Fire
Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 2 ]
Roads of Madness
Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Vote_lcap17%Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 34

AuthorMessage
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19222

Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 12:53 pm

Take Hold of the Flame
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 3:35 pm

Child of Fire

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 5:19 pm

I went with road to madness. I dig the vibe. Could have easily gone with a couple other tracks too.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6375

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 5:46 pm

After the latest spin, my choice is that I can't pick a favourite. It's just one awesome album.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 6:22 pm

"Flame" would be the easy pic, and while I'm not exactly tired of it, I went w/the title track...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6375

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 7:26 pm

By the way, I don't think it's a concept album. At least not in the sense that there's a continuing storyline.

I actually thought after all these years I'd missed out on something when I read the original post, but after reading the lyrics... nope. There's no story here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 8:26 pm

Definitely not a concept album. Never quite crossed my mind.

If you want a better example of concept albums released by power/progressive metal bands around that time, look no further than Fates Warning's The Spectre Within and Awaken the Guardian.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 8:38 pm

I voted 'Road to Madness', a flawless vocal performance of Geoff Tate
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 11:13 pm

Lari wrote:
By the way, I don't think it's a concept album

Painkiller wrote:
Definitely not a concept album

I didn't pull that tidbit of information out of my ass, I found it on Encyclopedia Metallum (same thing, I guess?) I'll take those elitist pricks' word for it. tr00

Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 2:33 am

Not a big fan of Queensrÿche, so I'll be listening to most of these albums for the first time when picking tracks for these polls. I did have the EP, though. Love "Queen of the Reich" and "The Lady Wore Black."

After a couple listens, the one song that really stand out is "Take Hold of the Flame."
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 3:14 am

DakotaRogers wrote:
James B. wrote:
It was pretty lame to dismiss the EP (IMHO)

Feel free to make the topic yourself there, pollmaster.

lol!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12760

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 9:32 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Child of Fire

Somebody who recognizes a well written quality tune.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 7:27 pm

Roads To Madness... I Still remember the first time I saw them play it live during the Empire tour.... I was blown away
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 11:05 pm

I have to go with "Take Hold of the Flame". That song still sends shivers up and down my spine. A beautiful tune!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 11:15 pm

Eyesore wrote:
DakotaRogers wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
Does anyone no what the "NM" stands for? New/ Next Machine? Maybe?

Number Laughing very hard

Yup. Says it right in the song. Haha.

Anyway, this album has held up quite well. Start to finish, it's a killer album. I voted for "Roads to Madness," though I could have easily picked "Deliverance."

I know that, but what's always thrown me off is that NM is not the abbreviation for the word number. One more reason to hate the vest. Smile
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 12:21 am

Great album, I remember my friend Jamie was the first to pick this up (probably first day) and we cranked it for days on his living room stereo alongside Powerslave which I had bought. I still remember us getting them at the same time from a local record shop. Soon after we both had our own copies.
I went with NM 156 as that track always blew me away, even from the first play. But I enjoy the whole record.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 2:29 am

the sentinel wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
DakotaRogers wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
Does anyone no what the "NM" stands for? New/ Next Machine? Maybe?

Number Laughing very hard

Yup. Says it right in the song. Haha.

Anyway, this album has held up quite well. Start to finish, it's a killer album. I voted for "Roads to Madness," though I could have easily picked "Deliverance."

I know that, but what's always thrown me off is that NM is not the abbreviation for the word number. One more reason to hate the vest. Smile

This is true, but Geoff doesn't live by our silly rules.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26439

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 10:33 am

Take Hold Of The Flame!! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche   Best Tune on "The Warning" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2