Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mystic Prophecy - War Brigade

Go down 
+2
Eyesore
Lari
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

Mystic Prophecy - War Brigade Empty
PostSubject: Mystic Prophecy - War Brigade   Mystic Prophecy - War Brigade Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 9:04 am

New album out 18th March (EU) / 6th May (US).

Cover art:
Mystic Prophecy - War Brigade War_Brigade_Front_Cover

Track list:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy - War Brigade   Mystic Prophecy - War Brigade Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 9:09 am

Very nice! One of my favorite power metal bands!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy - War Brigade   Mystic Prophecy - War Brigade Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 9:52 am

I have just one Mystic Prophecy (Regressus) and really like it. I need to check into these guys more.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy - War Brigade   Mystic Prophecy - War Brigade Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 11:00 am

007 wrote:
I have just one Mystic Prophecy (Regressus) and really like it. I need to check into these guys more.
Regressus is really good. The mix is a little too bassy, but the songs are great. You should definitely check out their post-Gus-G era material. It's even better. Savage Souls is my favourite.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy - War Brigade   Mystic Prophecy - War Brigade Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 11:32 am

Beautiful. I want it.
This band is so hard for me to find. Only own two of their records so far.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy - War Brigade   Mystic Prophecy - War Brigade Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2016 9:44 am

The previously unnamed bonus track is apparently a cover of "Sex Bomb" by Tom Jones lol!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy - War Brigade   Mystic Prophecy - War Brigade Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 9:38 am

Teaser:

The entire music video will be released this week.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy - War Brigade   Mystic Prophecy - War Brigade Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 9:06 am

New video released moments ago!

Nice tribute to our heroes, name-dropping classic heavy metal album titles. Nice setting for a video, too. I don't know where that is, but Liapakis seems to always make nice looking videos.

He himself looks like he gained a few pounds and aged a few years Mystic Prophecy - War Brigade 499945

Song is "nice". I'm certainly hoping that's the poppiest track on the album.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy - War Brigade   Mystic Prophecy - War Brigade Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 8:56 pm

Lari wrote:

Nice tribute to our heroes, name-dropping classic heavy metal album titles. Nice setting for a video, too. I don't know where that is, but Liapakis seems to always make nice looking videos.

He himself looks like he gained a few pounds and aged a few years Mystic Prophecy - War Brigade 499945

I like this track.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy - War Brigade   Mystic Prophecy - War Brigade Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 9:27 pm

Lari wrote:

Yeah that's a good tune.

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy - War Brigade   Mystic Prophecy - War Brigade Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 5:37 am

It's out. My copy is still in the mail, but Metal-Temple has a very promosing review (10/10 Masterpiece):

http://www.metal-temple.com/site/catalogues/entry/reviews/cd_3/m_2/mystic-prophecy-war.htm

EDIT: I got back from work, and there it was waiting for me:

Mystic Prophecy - War Brigade 20160321_143352_resized

Also the new Blaze Bayley album.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy - War Brigade   Mystic Prophecy - War Brigade Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 8:54 am

There's also a video for the song "The Crucifix":

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy - War Brigade   Mystic Prophecy - War Brigade Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 3:42 pm

Excellent songs. Can't wait for the album.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy - War Brigade   Mystic Prophecy - War Brigade Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2016 6:39 pm

The first thing you'll notice is no more growls. The bass player Connie Andreszka is gone, and replaced by a chick called Joey Roxx. Connie was doing the woooargh stuff on the last two albums.

I didn't actually mind the growling in the background vocals on those two albums, but I am welcoming this new direction. It gives the songs a more traditional Mystic Prophecy sound.

Too early for me to really have a proper opinion about the quality of the compositions. Some instant pleasers are present here obviously, but I digest stuff slowly so I won't make up my mind just yet.

Lyrics are what they are. 2 tracks about ancient Spartans, 2 tracks about heavy metal, 2 tracks about evil, etc. Pretty much what you would expect from Liapakis.

So far my favourite track is probably War of Lies. But I've only had this for a week.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy - War Brigade   Mystic Prophecy - War Brigade Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2016 6:55 pm

Lari wrote:
The first thing you'll notice is no more growls. The bass player Connie Andreszka is gone, and replaced by a chick called Joey Roxx. Connie was doing the woooargh stuff on the last two albums.

I didn't actually mind the growling in the background vocals on those two albums, but I am welcoming this new direction. It gives the songs a more traditional Mystic Prophecy sound.

Too early for me to really have a proper opinion about the quality of the compositions. Some instant pleasers are present here obviously, but I digest stuff slowly so I won't make up my mind just yet.

Lyrics are what they are. 2 tracks about ancient Spartans, 2 tracks about heavy metal, 2 tracks about evil, etc. Pretty much what you would expect from Liapakis.

So far my favourite track is probably War of Lies. But I've only had this for a week.

Good to hear about no more growls.  Everyone here knows how I generally feel about that vocal style and when Mystic Prophecy started doing that I bailed.  Now I might be more interested in checking this album out.  

Thanks for the info!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy - War Brigade   Mystic Prophecy - War Brigade Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2016 7:26 pm

I didn't even know Mystic Prophecy had added growls. I don't think I would be too interested in those albums.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy - War Brigade   Mystic Prophecy - War Brigade Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2016 7:40 pm

007 wrote:
I didn't even know Mystic Prophecy had added growls. I don't think I would be too interested in those albums.

To be fair, it was a minor thing to spice things up a little. It was still clean vocals for all the sung parts. Just a few growls added for effect here and there. Kind of went together with the overall sound moving slightly towards "brutal", almost melodic death metal sound, after Fireangel. It was still aggressive power metal, Mystic Prophecy style music, definitely not death metal, but just a little heavier and like that. Ironically those two albums also had more down tempo songs and ballads than ever before.

It was a small change in direction, and it was enjoyable, but I still prefer the era between Savage Souls and Fireangel the most.

And Regressus is the best of the three they did with Gus G.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy - War Brigade   Mystic Prophecy - War Brigade Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2016 6:50 am

Picked up regressus a while ago. Truly an awesome album with lots of memorable songs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy - War Brigade   Mystic Prophecy - War Brigade Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mystic Prophecy - War Brigade
Page 1 of 1