Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"

Go down 
+23
assault_attack
DevZor
CrookedCross
candlemass
manny
ultmetal
Glower
Wurthless
80s Metal Lady
brokentulsa
Gilbert
chewie
MoonChild
nevermore
Boris2008
Required Fields
thejokeriv
Lari
Fat Freddy
MetallicSeminarian
Witchfinder
James B.
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Best Tune On JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"
"Freewheel Burning"
Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 5 ]
Jawbreaker"
Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 4 ]
"Rock Hard Ride Free"
Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 2 ]
"The Sentinel"
Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" - Page 2 Vote_lcap39%Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 39% [ 14 ]
"Love Bites"
Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 2 ]
"Eat Me Alive"
Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 3 ]
"Some Heads Are Gonna Roll"
Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 3 ]
"Night Comes Down"
Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
"Heavy Duty/Defenders of the Faith"
 8% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 36

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"   Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 10:25 pm

"Night Comes Down," an excellent power ballad, gets no votes yet "Heavy Duty/Defenders of the Faith" gets 3?! Come oooooon! Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" - Page 2 505193
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"   Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 6:15 pm

80s Metal Lady wrote:
The sound of this album always makes me picture robot gladiators fighting to the death in a giant metal warehouse.

I knew it reminded me of something...this is it! Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" - Page 2 505193
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
CrookedCross
Metal novice
Metal novice
CrookedCross

Number of posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"   Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 2:30 am

Freewheel Burning. When the album came out, that song was fast and heavy as hell and blew my then 11 year-old mind. Second favorite would be The Sentinel, another great, great song. That entire album is just metal, still stands strong after all these years.
Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"   Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 11:25 am

THE SEEEEEEENTINAL!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"   Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 12:03 pm

All the songs are 10/10. Add a few more tracks and it'd be the best album ever made by anyone.

It's the best Judas Priest album anyway.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"   Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 12:48 pm

Lari wrote:
All the songs are 10/10. Add a few more tracks and it'd be the best album ever made by anyone.

It's the best Judas Priest album anyway.

After Sad Wings of Destiny, Sin after Sin, and Stained Class Very Happy
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"   Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 1:28 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

...obviously it was just not the right song for my introduction to Nevermore.

Agree. I have every Nevermore cd & this is not the song I would use to introduce the band to somebody..

But if your going to do a cover make it your own. So I give the band credit for that..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"   Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 4:40 pm

CrookedCross wrote:
Freewheel Burning. When the album came out, that song was fast and heavy as hell and blew my then 11 year-old mind. Second favorite would be The Sentinel, another great, great song. That entire album is just metal, still stands strong after all these years.
True, but the album fell flat towards the end. I remember you agreeing with me that "Heavy Duty" is just dull.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"   Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 4:57 pm

Painkiller wrote:
CrookedCross wrote:
True, but the album fell flat towards the end. I remember you agreeing with me that "Heavy Duty" is just dull.

In all honesty give me the first four songs plus Eat Me Alive and I'm good, I don't really care for the rest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"   Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 5:13 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
In all honesty give me the first four songs plus Eat Me Alive and I'm good, I don't really care for the rest.
Pretty much. I've maintained that it would've been perfect as an EP. "Some Heads Are Gonna Roll" and "Night Comes Down" are clear indicators of what they'd release a few years later.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"   Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 6:14 pm

Really? I quite like those songs, and don't think they'd fit in on Turbo or RiD...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Hec_The_Wreck
Metal novice
Metal novice
Hec_The_Wreck

Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"   Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 6:19 pm

This was the last album I got into by them, it's ok but nothing mind blowing,I moved on after this album.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"   Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 8:10 pm

It should be obvious what song I voted for; but a dark horse here for me is "When the Night Comes Down."
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"   Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 9:09 pm

Night Comes Down is the best ballad Priest ever did.

And the title track has its place here. Easy, accessible anthem.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"   Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 11:20 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Painkiller wrote:
CrookedCross wrote:

Painkiller wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Pretty much. I've maintained that it would've been perfect as an EP. "Some Heads Are Gonna Roll" and "Night Comes Down" are clear indicators of what they'd release a few years later.

I have almost the opposite view. I could do without "Eat Me Alive" and "Heavy Duty/Defenders of the Faith" but find the rest to be excellent. "Some Heads Are Gonna Roll" I put right up there with "The Sentinel." Its sound fits perfectly on the album. "Night Comes Down" is a superb power ballad; I especially like the bridge. I wish I'd voted for it since it hasn't gotten any votes.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"   Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 12:19 am

This album is funny in the sense that my earliest memories of this album when I was 13 in 1984, it would have been "Some Heads Are Gonna Roll" or "Freewheel Burning". In the next couple of years it would have shifted to "Love Bites" and for a long time after that, "The Sentinel". Over the last decade I've become partial to "Rock Hard Ride Free", "Jawbreaker" and "Night Comes Down". I always thought "Eat Me Alive" was pretty juvenile and "Heavy Duty/Defenders of the Faith" were always a weak way to end this album. This is hard, but I'm going to go with:

"The Sentinel"

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"   Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 4:25 pm

The Sentinel for sure. Always wanted to produce an anime set to the song and story. With copious amounts of blood and violence, of course. I would venture to say that song is Halford's finest lyrical moment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"   Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2