Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"

Go down 
+23
assault_attack
DevZor
CrookedCross
candlemass
manny
ultmetal
Glower
Wurthless
80s Metal Lady
brokentulsa
Gilbert
chewie
MoonChild
nevermore
Boris2008
Required Fields
thejokeriv
Lari
Fat Freddy
MetallicSeminarian
Witchfinder
James B.
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Best Tune On JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"
"Freewheel Burning"
Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" Vote_lcap14%Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" Vote_rcap
 14% [ 5 ]
Jawbreaker"
Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" Vote_lcap11%Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" Vote_rcap
 11% [ 4 ]
"Rock Hard Ride Free"
Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" Vote_lcap6%Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" Vote_rcap
 6% [ 2 ]
"The Sentinel"
Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" Vote_lcap39%Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" Vote_rcap
 39% [ 14 ]
"Love Bites"
Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" Vote_lcap6%Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" Vote_rcap
 6% [ 2 ]
"Eat Me Alive"
Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" Vote_lcap8%Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" Vote_rcap
 8% [ 3 ]
"Some Heads Are Gonna Roll"
Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" Vote_lcap8%Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" Vote_rcap
 8% [ 3 ]
"Night Comes Down"
Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" Vote_lcap0%Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
"Heavy Duty/Defenders of the Faith"
 8% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 36

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" Empty
PostSubject: Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"   Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 2:56 pm

Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" 220px-Defenders_of_the_Faith

Released- January 4th, 1984
Recorded- September–November 1983
Studio- Ibiza Sound Studios, Ibiza, Spain
Producer- Tom Allom

Personnel-Rob Halford – vocals, K. K. Downing – guitar, Glenn Tipton – guitar, Ian Hill – bass guitar, and Dave Holland – drums

The Tunes...
"Freewheel Burning"
Jawbreaker"
"Rock Hard Ride Free"
"The Sentinel"
"Love Bites"
"Eat Me Alive"
"Some Heads Are Gonna Roll"
"Night Comes Down"
"Heavy Duty/Defenders of the Faith"

Man this is tough..."The Sentinel", "Rock Hard Ride Free", and "Some Heads Are Gonna Roll" have been longtime favorites. I put the last two tunes together so our anally retentive members won't be saying. "it is an outro man" or something to that effect. headbanger Guess I'll go with "Rock Hard Ride Free".

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"   Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 2:59 pm

For me it's "Freewheel Burning" and my dark horse pick is "Night Comes Down."

I love every song on this album and I think it's every bit as good as SFV. Yes, I even like "Heavy Duty / Defenders of the Faith."
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"   Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 3:10 pm

The Sentinel for me. I also think every song on this is great.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"   Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 3:18 pm

Went with The Sentinel, but it was really a toss-up between that and Jawbreaker.

As I said in the SFV thread, I don't think this album is as consistent as its predecessor but it has higher highs. I'm not a fan of Heavy Duty/Defenders of the Faith or Eat Me Alive. The other tracks are all good to great.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"   Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 4:18 pm

"Sentinel" is bad-ass, but then the whole album's pretty badass.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"   Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 6:24 pm

The Sentinel.

Tempt not the blade...

I pretty much love all these tracks. My favourite Priest album.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"   Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 6:54 pm

Sentinel. DOTF is one of my favorite Priest albums.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"   Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 6:59 pm

I voted for "The Sentinel".

Honorable mentions go to "Freewheel Burning", "Rock Hard, Ride Free", and "Some Heads Are Gonna Roll".
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"   Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 8:35 pm

Honestly I can't really choose between the first four tracks, I have always said that if aliens landed and wanted to know what heavy metal is (a long shot I know!  lol! ) I would play them those songs. I'm going for Jawbreaker because it hasn't got any votes.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"   Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 9:33 pm

I went with Freewheel Burning. The Sentinel, Some Heads Are Gonna Roll and Love Bites are all great too!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"   Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 9:36 pm

The Sentinel. Freewheel Burning and Jawbreaker close behind.

I got off the Priest train in the 80s after this album.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"   Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 10:16 pm

I wanted to vote for Freewheel Burning AND The Sentinel AND Some Heads Are Gonna Roll.

But I vote for the obvious, my favourite - Jawbreaker.

Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"   Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 11:51 pm

Heads are Gonna Roll.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"   Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 12:45 am

Jawbreaker, followed closely by freewheel burning.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"   Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 4:57 pm

Love Bites headbanger
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"   Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 5:54 pm

The sound of this album always makes me picture robot gladiators fighting to the death in a giant metal warehouse.

So much great stuff on here, but I'll cast another vote for "The Sentinel."

Anyone else try to sing those super fast lines in "Freewheel Burning"?
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"   Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 8:51 pm

80s Metal Lady wrote:
The sound of this album always makes me picture robot gladiators fighting to the death in a giant metal warehouse.

So much great stuff on here, but I'll cast another vote for "The Sentinel."

Anyone else try to sing those super fast lines in "Freewheel Burning"?  

I try to sing those lines but always fail! lol!
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"   Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 12:28 am

This is my dad's favorite Priest album, haha. I like it a lot, but don't find myself listening to it very often.

Some Heads Are Gonna Roll gets my vote. I've always thought of it as one of Priest's quintessential tracks. I love the guitar tone on the album. Those riffs, man, those riffs.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"   Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 12:45 am

Boris2008 wrote:
..... I'm going for Jawbreaker because it hasn't got any votes.

Yeah..... we have more takers...... rocking song.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"   Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 10:16 am

What ? No fellow vampires Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" 438278
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"   Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 10:24 am

Hard to pick only one. Went with Freewheel Burning but could have gone with Love Bites or The Sentinel as well. Love Nevermore's cover of Love Bites...

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"   Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 10:55 am

^^ Funny, I hated Nevermore's cover of "Love Bites" when I first heard it, haha.

That cover was actually the first time I heard Nevermore. I'd been reading raves about'em in various metal magazines for a year or two prior and they sounded like they'd be up my alley, so I was all excited to finally hear them when I bought that Century Media Priest tribute... and then I didn't dig their track at all. I was like "WTF? They turned it into a death metal song! F*** these guys!" Haha.

It was a couple of years before I gave them another try. I found their debut album super cheap in a used bin so I risked three bucks on it and went "Wow, these guys are actually pretty good."

I still don't care for that "Love Bites" cover to this day, but their metallized rendition of Simon & Garfunkel's "The Sound of Silence" is amazing!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"   Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 1:25 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
^^ Funny, I hated Nevermore's cover of "Love Bites" when I first heard it, haha.

That cover was actually the first time I heard Nevermore. I'd been reading raves about'em in various metal magazines for a year or two prior and they sounded like they'd be up my alley, so I was all excited to finally hear them when I bought that Century Media Priest tribute... and then I didn't dig their track at all. I was like "WTF? They turned it into a death metal song! F*** these guys!" Haha.

It was a couple of years before I gave them another try. I found their debut album super cheap in a used bin so I risked three bucks on it and went "Wow, these guys are actually pretty good."

I still don't care for that "Love Bites" cover to this day, but their metallized rendition of Simon & Garfunkel's "The Sound of Silence" is amazing!

I thought they took the song and made it their own. headbanger

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"   Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 1:50 pm

ultmetal wrote:

I thought they took the song and made it their own. headbanger

That they did, that they did. Very Happy

...obviously it was just not the right song for my introduction to Nevermore.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"   Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 2:23 pm

'Rock Hard, Ride Free' got my vote
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"   Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best tune off of JP's "Defenders Of The Faith"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next