Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bloodbound: Creatures Of The Dark Realm (28 May 2021)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Bloodbound: Creatures Of The Dark Realm (28 May 2021) Empty
PostSubject: Bloodbound: Creatures Of The Dark Realm (28 May 2021)   Bloodbound: Creatures Of The Dark Realm (28 May 2021) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2021 7:55 am

New album will be out via AFM. Loving what I have heard so far:

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Bloodbound: Creatures Of The Dark Realm (28 May 2021)   Bloodbound: Creatures Of The Dark Realm (28 May 2021) Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2021 1:35 am

Sweet, love some Bloodbound!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Bloodbound: Creatures Of The Dark Realm (28 May 2021)   Bloodbound: Creatures Of The Dark Realm (28 May 2021) Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2021 2:07 am

I knew you'd be a fan DallasBlack headbanger
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Bloodbound: Creatures Of The Dark Realm (28 May 2021)   Bloodbound: Creatures Of The Dark Realm (28 May 2021) Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2021 3:00 am

Yeah, took me a while to get on board but I'm there.

Many years ago during one of the Comp Swaps (I miss those) I was given a few of their songs. I liked it but forgot about them. Then in 2019 I got Rise Of The Dragon Empire as every year since 2016 I get as many new releases as possible. That one came up recommended on Amazon and I remembered them. Loved the album so much, since then I've gotten Nosferatu, Tabula Rasa, and Unholy Cross. I will get the new one and more than likely finish the discography eventually. I had the same journey with Freedom Call (got their album the same year) and I completed that one.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Bloodbound: Creatures Of The Dark Realm (28 May 2021)   Bloodbound: Creatures Of The Dark Realm (28 May 2021) Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2021 3:07 am

Actually, since you reminded me about Bloodbound with this thread, I went ahead and just ordered the remaining albums: Book Of The Dead, In The Name Of Metal, War Of Dragons, and Stormbound. All that will remain is the new album.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Bloodbound: Creatures Of The Dark Realm (28 May 2021)   Bloodbound: Creatures Of The Dark Realm (28 May 2021) Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2021 3:08 am

I own all of Bloodbound's discography on cd, Stormborn being my favourite. Excellent band. Consistent too.

I am late on Freedom Call. I think i only own 2 of their albums so far. Will add more eventually.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Bloodbound: Creatures Of The Dark Realm (28 May 2021)   Bloodbound: Creatures Of The Dark Realm (28 May 2021) Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2021 3:10 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Actually, since you reminded me about Bloodbound with this thread, I went ahead and just ordered the remaining albums: Book Of The Dead, In The Name Of Metal, War Of Dragons, and Stormbound. All that will remain is the new album.

Excellent. All of them are outstanding, especially Stormborn and In The Name Of Metal headbanger.

New album is coming out end of May. Can't wait.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Bloodbound: Creatures Of The Dark Realm (28 May 2021)   Bloodbound: Creatures Of The Dark Realm (28 May 2021) Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2021 3:21 am

Gilbert wrote:
I own all of Bloodbound's discography on cd, Stormborn being my favourite. Excellent band. Consistent too.

I am late on Freedom Call. I think i only own 2 of their albums so far. Will add more eventually.

Freedom Call is more infectious than Covid... too early? I'd recommend M.E.T.A.L, Land Of The Crimson Dawn, Legend Of The Shadow King, Master Of Light, and Stairway To Fairyland as the top tier. Though I like them all.

As for the new Bloodbound, just goes to show that this is another stellar year of metal releases! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Bloodbound: Creatures Of The Dark Realm (28 May 2021)   Bloodbound: Creatures Of The Dark Realm (28 May 2021) Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2021 4:25 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Freedom Call is more infectious than Covid... too early? I'd recommend M.E.T.A.L, Land Of The Crimson Dawn, Legend Of The Shadow King, Master Of Light, and Stairway To Fairyland as the top tier. Though I like them all.

As for the new Bloodbound, just goes to show that this is another stellar year of metal releases! headbanger

Going through my collection right now. I own both Stairway and Master of Light.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Bloodbound: Creatures Of The Dark Realm (28 May 2021)   Bloodbound: Creatures Of The Dark Realm (28 May 2021) Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2021 5:12 am

Get M.E.T.A.L., the s/t metal anthem is worth the price alone.

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Bloodbound: Creatures Of The Dark Realm (28 May 2021)   Bloodbound: Creatures Of The Dark Realm (28 May 2021) Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2021 7:32 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Get M.E.T.A.L., the s/t metal anthem is worth the price alone.

Added to the list headbanger headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Bloodbound: Creatures Of The Dark Realm (28 May 2021)   Bloodbound: Creatures Of The Dark Realm (28 May 2021) Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2021 2:21 pm

The new Bloodbound is finally out. Currently waiting for my copy headbanger.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Bloodbound: Creatures Of The Dark Realm (28 May 2021)   Bloodbound: Creatures Of The Dark Realm (28 May 2021) Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2021 3:26 am

Gilbert wrote:

Same!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Bloodbound: Creatures Of The Dark Realm (28 May 2021)   Bloodbound: Creatures Of The Dark Realm (28 May 2021) Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2021 7:27 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Same!

headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Bloodbound: Creatures Of The Dark Realm (28 May 2021)   Bloodbound: Creatures Of The Dark Realm (28 May 2021) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2021 3:05 am

Spinning the album for the first time.

Excellent.

Here's my favourite track so far:

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Bloodbound: Creatures Of The Dark Realm (28 May 2021)   Bloodbound: Creatures Of The Dark Realm (28 May 2021) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2021 3:18 am

it is excellent all right, just like (at least IMO) every other Bloodbound album!

After getting every album I noticed for a long time their sound changed over time with each release, but have finally found a sound to stick to as the past 3 have been similar. I actually read an opinion that I didn't really pay much attention to but now I agree with it. Bloodbound these days sound like Sabaton but with a more traditional vocalist. Since I love Sabaton, I have no problem with that!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Bloodbound: Creatures Of The Dark Realm (28 May 2021)   Bloodbound: Creatures Of The Dark Realm (28 May 2021) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2021 3:41 am

I agree about the change of sound.

A bit too symphonic for my liking, but it's alright.

One of the most consistent bands.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Bloodbound: Creatures Of The Dark Realm (28 May 2021)   Bloodbound: Creatures Of The Dark Realm (28 May 2021) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 1:37 pm

I got Bloodbound's Nosferatu recently. A few months ago, maybe. I've been spinning it and it hits me like old school Helloween. It's Urban Breed singing, and he is elite. But it's the songs that really ARE just that infectious and cool.

How do you guys rate the rest of their catalogue?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Bloodbound: Creatures Of The Dark Realm (28 May 2021)   Bloodbound: Creatures Of The Dark Realm (28 May 2021) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 3:37 pm

Lari wrote:
I got Bloodbound's Nosferatu recently. A few months ago, maybe. I've been spinning it and it hits me like old school Helloween. It's Urban Breed singing, and he is elite. But it's the songs that really ARE just that infectious and cool.

How do you guys rate the rest of their catalogue?

I love all of their albums to be honest, but i think that they were on top form when they released Stormborn. Here's a sample from that album:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bloodbound: Creatures Of The Dark Realm (28 May 2021)   Bloodbound: Creatures Of The Dark Realm (28 May 2021) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bloodbound: Creatures Of The Dark Realm (28 May 2021)
Page 1 of 1