Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Oooo..so scary

Go down 
+7
Taibhse
kmorg
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
metalken
mc666
GrandNational
11 posters
AuthorMessage
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Oooo..so scary Empty
PostSubject: Oooo..so scary   Oooo..so scary Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 1:11 pm

Funny article about Watain: http://music.msn.com/superfans/heavy-metal/blog/watain-poster-printed-in-blood-ooh-scary/?Gt1=28153
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Oooo..so scary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oooo..so scary   Oooo..so scary Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 1:20 pm

black metal is pretty well known for it's silly gimmicks. that said, I still like Watain's music.

metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

Oooo..so scary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oooo..so scary   Oooo..so scary Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 1:25 pm

Didn't Kiss use drops of their own blood for their comics in the 70's? Not that new of a concept...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Oooo..so scary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oooo..so scary   Oooo..so scary Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 1:52 pm

metalken wrote:
Didn't Kiss use drops of their own blood for their comics in the 70's? Not that new of a concept...

Yup. I take it you didn't read the article?

Quote :
I've got no problem with this—it's your blood; do what you want with it. I just can't figure out how the supposedly most badass, terrifying black metal band ever ever ever wound up ripping off gimmicks from Kiss circa 1977

At least the Kiss members used their own blood. I don't know Watain from a hole in the ground, but they should have at least donated some of their own for this. Or a slain goat or something. Take it up a notch.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Oooo..so scary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oooo..so scary   Oooo..so scary Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 1:56 pm

mc666 wrote:
black metal is pretty well known for it's silly gimmicks. that said, I still like Watain's music.

You know what I was thinking? Why 111 posters and not 666 of them? These guys are apparently not evil enough Oooo..so scary Icon_lol The band does have good musical chops though.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

Oooo..so scary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oooo..so scary   Oooo..so scary Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 2:10 pm

[quote="MetalGuy71"]
metalken wrote:

Got me Razz .
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Oooo..so scary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oooo..so scary   Oooo..so scary Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 2:49 pm

Sheesh. So this is what the kids call "kvlt" nowadays huh?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Oooo..so scary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oooo..so scary   Oooo..so scary Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 4:09 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
metalken wrote:

Quote :
I've got no problem with this—it's your blood; do what you want with it. I just can't figure out how the supposedly most badass, terrifying black metal band ever ever ever wound up ripping off gimmicks from Kiss circa 1977

At least the Kiss members used their own blood. I don't know Watain from a hole in the ground, but they should have at least donated some of their own for this. Or a slain goat or something. Take it up a notch.

Funny side note here: I recently saw one of the last interviews Bill Aucoin (RIP) did. There he talls about the time when Kiss donated blood to use for the ink, but when they arrived at the printing place, all the comic books were already finished!! So they blood was never used for the actual KISS comic book, but probably ended up in one of the other Marvel comic books! Oooo..so scary 201269

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Oooo..so scary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oooo..so scary   Oooo..so scary Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 4:13 pm

Great. Now my whole Dazzler collection is tainted with the blood of Peter Criss. Oooo..so scary Icon_cry

Metal novice
Metal novice
Taibhse

Number of posts : 40

Oooo..so scary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oooo..so scary   Oooo..so scary Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 6:12 pm

Watain are real media darlings like this. Everything is built on this reputation as a band who visually define rancid filth, and the music nearly takes second place. I'd listen to them, but Dissection were better by far.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

Oooo..so scary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oooo..so scary   Oooo..so scary Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 9:01 pm

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Oooo..so scary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oooo..so scary   Oooo..so scary Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 10:18 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Great. Now my whole Dazzler collection is tainted with the blood of Peter Criss. Oooo..so scary Icon_cry

Laughing very hard Props for the Dazzler reference!!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Oooo..so scary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oooo..so scary   Oooo..so scary Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 10:24 pm

Taibhse wrote:
Watain are real media darlings like this. Everything is built on this reputation as a band who visually define rancid filth, and the music nearly takes second place. I'd listen to them, but Dissection were better by far.

Dissection at least had a guy who quite literally put his money where his mouth was.
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

Oooo..so scary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oooo..so scary   Oooo..so scary Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:33 am

The comments on the linked website sound like they came primarily from twelve-year-old boys.

One person wrote simply "Loosers". Dude, I think you mean "losers". Poor grammar and diction in an attempt to be scathing end up making you appear uneducated.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

Oooo..so scary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oooo..so scary   Oooo..so scary Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 9:56 am

I think I have their second album on vinyl. It's good, but nothing all that special. The whole image is pretty funny though.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Oooo..so scary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oooo..so scary   Oooo..so scary Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 10:02 am

yeah, I try to convince myself I will never read the comments on an article again, but the effort is for moot. Not that the band is amazing, but there you see what happens when something from the underground hits the attention of people who have no idea that any music has ever been produced besides anything featured on VH1 at some point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Oooo..so scary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oooo..so scary   Oooo..so scary Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oooo..so scary
Page 1 of 1